Opinion Changes Round 23 Vs Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

The season is a season.

No, the season is a story.

Cutting-edge stuff. Kites flying. We've got a couple of wannabe Murakamis with none of the skill or insight.

I totally relate to Thanos. If only I had an Infinity Gaunlet to erase 50 per cent of the rubbish.

Henceforth, please refer to me as Candiru the Mad Titan.

I just saw Endgame.

Last edited:

I'm with Gunnar on this one too. If Simpson needed Dusty to run amok and essentially win Richmond the game for him to realise "oh, he's pretty good, we should try and do something about that", especially after Yeo flogged him last time, doesn't make Simpson look too good. Playing silly buggers by "holding something back" (tagging Dusty? LOL) also makes him look pretty dumb.

Would much rather have won that game, look good for top two and a home Qualifying Final. Pretty sure Hardwick already knows Dusty needs to be tagged.

What else is there to learn? Don't do dumb s**t deep in defence? Play better in the wet? Derp.

We farked up, simple as that and even if it doesn't ultimately cost us, it's made things so much harder. Which is the point Gunnar is making, it's not a difficult one to grasp.

Collingwood game you could probably use losing Nic Nat and Cripps as legit excuses, but that doesn't excuse us making Cox and co look good. Wish we learned the "don't do dumb s**t deep in defence" after that game.

Gotta hold something back I guess.

I'm with Gunnar on this one too. If Simpson needed Dusty to run amok and essentially win Richmond the game for him to realise "oh, he's pretty good, we should try and do something about that", especially after Yeo flogged him last time, doesn't make Simpson look too good. Playing silly buggers by "holding something back" (tagging Dusty? LOL) also makes him look pretty dumb.

Would much rather have won that game, look good for top two and a home Qualifying Final. Pretty sure Hardwick already knows Dusty needs to be tagged.

What else is there to learn? Don't do dumb s**t deep in defence? Play better in the wet? Derp.

We farked up, simple as that and even if it doesn't ultimately cost us, it's made things so much harder. Which is the point Gunnar is making, it's not a difficult one to grasp.

Collingwood game you could probably use losing Nic Nat and Cripps as legit excuses, but that doesn't excuse us making Cox and co look good. Wish we learned the "don't do dumb s**t deep in defence" after that game.

Gotta hold something back I guess.
Nah but a season is a season. And a story.

Think about it. Deep stuff.

Yep. The two most recent losses against top four teams followed exactly the same script. A good start screwed up by shocking mistakes in defence and then a catastrophic midfield drop off in the second half.

Yep. The two most recent losses against top four teams followed exactly the same script. A good start screwed up by shocking mistakes in defence and then a catastrophic midfield drop off in the second half.
Better than being outplyaed for 4 quarters. Something to work with and known issues to work on. The manner in which we lost doesn't bother me in the slightest

I also believe we got more out of the Richmond game than they did
You’d have to wait and see. The R22 game is meaningless if it gave the Eagles a blueprint to beating the Tigers which we then put into effect come finals.

Have you heard the phrase about losing a battle but winning the war?
How about now?

Would you rather have the 4 points and have top 4 sewn up?

Nah, we learned so much so I guess it's fine. Right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back