Preview Round 23: Richmond v Brisbane | MCG | Sunday 3.20 (25/8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crunch Cameron off the ball.
Always staging for frees, seen it 3-4 times.
Target McCluggage too.
Welcome to the big time.
Like to see a more aggressive side to Soldo's game, similar to Nank's second efforts.
Go after Neale, Zorko.
And give away a free kick or get cited by the MRO, no thanks.

Crunch Cameron off the ball.
Always staging for frees, seen it 3-4 times.
Target McCluggage too.
Welcome to the big time.
Like to see a more aggressive side to Soldo's game, similar to Nank's second efforts.
Go after Neale, Zorko.

Yeah that game plan worked so well for port.
We don't need to target players just play our game

Garthwaite in.... we are stuffed!
Will be fine if they get the matchups right, where we will struggle is speed and Cameron has plenty of it, Grimes probably one of our speedier players so could potentially be the difference in the game if he is out as appears to be the case.

Will be fine if they get the matchups right, where we will struggle is speed and Cameron has plenty of it, Grimes probably one of our speedier players so could potentially be the difference in the game if he is out as appears to be the case.
If he was out he would be out, Garth is only on the emerg list, if Grimes is not listed as an out by the end of today then he will be playing, we don't * around with s**t like this.

If he was out he would be out, Garth is only on the emerg list, if Grimes is not listed as an out by the end of today then he will be playing, we don't fu** around with s**t like this.

True , Dusty was ruled out a couple of weeks ago quite early on the Saturday v the Blues !

They may give Grimes up until just before the game though to prove his fitness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m a little bit nervous with balta in the side. I think his potential is great but for a game like this...against the current team on top of the ladder..Especially if he plays in the backline, it’s not the best time for us to experiment with him.

I know most supporters won’t see this but we need to start a petition to make sure we are louder than ever. Massive game for our flag chances. If I was to be honest, we actually need to lift another gear compared to how we have been playing. We wasted a LOT of chances last week. We need to put on immense pressure and kick accurate early

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

"15mins on the track for Dylan Grimes, Trent Cotchin and Dion Prestia in today’s 40min Captain’s run. Grimes had a decent chat with medical staff re ankle@before departing. Noah Balta trained all morning with defenders "
:oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL way to over-react
Exactly. This from the ressises report

Ryan Garthwaite
15 disposals, seven marks, four spoils & five rebound-50s

“An outstanding player for us on the day. His intercept marking was a real feature. He’s got the balance between spoiling and marking right; he’s had four spoils but seven marks was a highlight. He’s playing great football for us.”

I saw somewhere recently that our inside 50 conversion isn’t the greatest, hope that’s due to the last 6 or so games being a bit of a slog !

We have named a strong midfield tomorrow & if we get the same amount of ball inside 50 & with a bit drier conditions will hopefully hit the scoreboard even more.

I’m a little bit nervous with balta in the side. I think his potential is great but for a game like this...against the current team on top of the ladder..Especially if he plays in the backline, it’s not the best time for us to experiment with him.

I know most supporters won’t see this but we need to start a petition to make sure we are louder than ever. Massive game for our flag chances. If I was to be honest, we actually need to lift another gear compared to how we have been playing. We wasted a LOT of chances last week. We need to put on immense pressure and kick accurate early

They are only on top by a game virtue of their double up vs the Suns.

Wouldn't be the Richmond bigfooty board if at least 5 tiger posters didn't think the worst with everything.

We will smack them. Massive reality check coming up for the lions, on the road against the G kings.

"15mins on the track for Dylan Grimes, Trent Cotchin and Dion Prestia in today’s 40min Captain’s run. Grimes had a decent chat with medical staff re ankle@before departing. Noah Balta trained all morning with defenders "
:oops:

The article on the AFL site mentioned he moved well , hopefully he did enough to prove it was ok & was always the plan to rest it as much as possible until game day

Balta will play 2nd Ruck?

not offically out yet think we will find out tommorow. garth now emg ross out.

vlastuin to play the grimes role if hes out. hes pretty good at it so should be ok still.

If he was out he would be out, Garth is only on the emerg list, if Grimes is not listed as an out by the end of today then he will be playing, we don't fu** around with s**t like this.

Ross was dropped off the emergency list after training today, which indicates he may have some soreness also. If I recall correctly Macca pulled up a bit sore from last weeks game against the Bombers, so even though an emergency and possible replacement for Grimes, perhaps Garth needs to back him up just in case.

The Rucks battle will be fascinating this game, with Stef Martin in great form lately. He would run rings around Soldo around the ground, but Soldo probably has him covered in the stoppages. They have beanpole McInerney and we have Balta as back ups. But Balta trained with the back 6 today. So if we lose Grimes do we bring in Chol let Balta play back all day and float Cholly forward and a fair bit of time on the bench? The Lions are pretty tall up forward with the 2 Macs and Hipwood. It's much underrated, and hard to match up on.

Ross was dropped off the emergency list after training today, which indicates he may have some soreness also. If I recall correctly Macca pulled up a bit sore from last weeks game against the Bombers, so even though an emergency and possible replacement for Grimes, perhaps Garth needs to back him up just in case.

The Rucks battle will be fascinating this game, with Stef Martin in great form lately. He would run rings around Soldo around the ground, but Soldo probably has him covered in the stoppages. They have beanpole McInerney and we have Balta as back ups. But Balta trained with the back 6 today. So if we lose Grimes do we bring in Chol let Balta play back all day and float Cholly forward and a fair bit of time on the bench? The Lions are pretty tall up forward with the 2 Macs and Hipwood. It's much underrated, and hard to match up on.

Yeah I think you are right , if anything Chol stays in for the role he has been playing, backup ruck /3rd tall & Balta replaces Grimes down back

Basically If Grimes doesn’t get up

Outs Grimes Ross

Ins Balta Cotchin

Obviously read Tom Browne’s article and thought....s**t we’d better get our emergencies right.

Good news is that Cotch is definitely in. Until Tom says otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back