Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 2 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've got no idea what that last sentence means. Please proof read you posts MD because you've been misinterpreted more than once today based upon significant typos.

Yes sorry, I shall look closer from now on

Fat fingers small buttons my bad

Agree with the comment about the ridiculousness of pearl clutching about whether a player is worth an extra 0.7% of our salary cap based on figures derived from fairytales and farts.

There’s really only one question for us: Will he improve our team? Yes. He walks straight into Richards’ tenuously held spot at half forward and improves us immensely.

Bruce or Membery?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bruce. “I wish we had two Naughtons” is a common refrain on here and Josh Bruce is as close as we can get without selling the farm. Can play forward or back.

Membrey would be good too, though.

I can't believe people are suggesting Macrae will be leaving anytime soon. For starters his contracted for another 3 years already and by all accounts he is extremely loyal to the club and loves it here. Every contract he has signed has been years before many others in his peer group would.

For someone of his value and importance he stays right out of the limelight. How many times have you seen him interviewed apart from in the rooms after a game? It seems he keeps himself to himself and to be honest money doesn't seem to be in his top 5 priorities. He's very much the Jeff Lynne of the AFL world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think 500k for a player this season going forward is now being considered near bargain basement price. Prices have jumped for players over the last season with anything 800k a year and up is normal for good players. Over a million for star players. All because of the new agreement with the AFLPA over player contracts. I think AMT's worth is probably just shy of the 650k mark. However I hope dogs are looking at a bigger fish.

With all this arguing over $650k for Tippa, does anyone actually know if we have made an offer for him and how much that is?
No one on here knows that for sure.

I think it’s been fairly widely said Tippa wants 500k from Essendon and they have not offered that so assuming he is on 400k odd now is a fair assessment.

Then it’s also been reported two teams have offered him 600k odd which helps validate why he hasn’t re signed yet.

No one really knows but personally I think the value that the club you are at offers you is basically what you are worth

It’s like moving jobs. Unless there are issues you only leave for more money.

If your being head hunted which is the equivalent of being courted by another club you expect more to leave. The hiring company understands this so if they want you they offer more.

No ones true value is what their current employer is paying. They are relying on loyalty. True value is what the market will pay you. If we are setting the market on this occasion so be it. You’d assume the decision is being made with all facts known including what we need to pay to retain our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back