Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He changed roles it’s that simple, he’s still covering the ground according to the stats.

ok so whats his role now ? A forward who cant kick more than 4 goals in a season ??? A mid who cant get the ball more than 16 times a game or a mixture of the two ? Look if he comes good for us next season i will be the first to say well done , i just hope he does.

We will be screwed because it's people like you that cut off their financial support of the club. You complain yet you do nothing to help.

Finnis is the best CEO we have ever had. If it weren't for him we'd be still stuck in Frankston with an entire playing group that would hate the place.

So you've shown your love for the club by cancelling your membership & you reckon the guy who managed to bring us back to our home of 50+ years is incompetent. I sometimes wonder why people even bother. A supporter supports.

Been a paid member for 25 years and wont stop because we aren't a perennial top four team or because I'm a little upset we didn't do as well as I thought in my own biased opinion of how good I think we are.
Low hanging fruit George the guy has just said he has been a paid member for 25 years he is entitled to be frustrated, pissed off...or what ever else he feels. You from what I gather haven't been alive for 25 years so sit down and listen to those who have really had a tough time supporting this club.

Spot on George . You are either a Saints supporter for life or you arent a true Saints supporter . Us oldies lived through the 80's when we were averaging about 3 wins a season and we had to flood our ground overnight just to give our team a chance . 9 wins in one season isnt too bad to me given the run of injuries we had this year .
I guess it doesn't mean as much to some people but I think if you're on a website like this you're probably a diehard. So for someone like that to then comment about their own protest against the club like it's something to be applauded is ridiculous.

Low hanging fruit George the guy has just said he has been a paid member for 25 years he is entitled to be frustrated, pi**ed off...or what ever else he feels. You from what I gather haven't been alive for 25 years so sit down and listen to those who have really had a tough time supporting this club.
I'm the one that said I've been a paid member for 25 years.

Expected a silly comment from you so not surprised. Age somehow is a direct correlation to intelligence in your view. Funny.

I guess it doesn't mean as much to some people but I think if you're on a website like this you're probably a diehard. So for someone like that to then comment about their own protest against the club like it's something to be applauded is ridiculous.
Its not what he did at all George, also said he had been a member for 25 years

Its not what he did at all George, also said he had been a member for 25 years
Why bother to tell people who support the club that you're not supporting them anymore. Withdrawing support because you thought we were better than we actually are.

Blaming everything on recruiting is easy as there is an element of luck involved.

Success requires doing many things well.

However recruiting and drafting well is a key success factor, and we suck at it.

It is statistically impossible to make as many "poor recruiting" decisions as we have.

Unfortunately we have. Just say in recent years compare us to the Doggies. It is not pretty.

And it is not just the actual picks, but the strategy that we have done badly. We chased talls via trade and thought naively that we would get the "Big Fish" FA's later to solve our midfield problem.

We now arguably have the poorest midfield in the competition.

Our ruck divsion after having trading heavily to gain Longer and Hickey would bea basket case at present if it had not turned out that Roookie Marshall who was recruited to bea key position player is actually a better ruckman than the guys we traded in.

The balance of probability is our development is terrible. Lots of things in our control and we are poor at all of them.

Yes our development is also bad. One only has to look at say goal-kicking as an area that the club said that it would focus on, but where we still suck.

Overall recruiting/trading is to me the No1 are that we have done badly. We are in a deep hole now and it will be hard to get our of it. Hopefully we can start picking the right players more often.

Anything goes this trade period
No sentimental faves

We have been churning talent and the ones we have left are the best of them. We will be the same as Gold Coast if we prune too hard.

Our big problem i think is that only 4 players had kicked over 100 points for the year this season before this game . I havent checked yet to see if thats changed.
274 - Membrey
223 - Bruce
109 - Parker
103 - Gresham
( stats here not counting todays game )
Thats just poor for a team these days .
Although the delivery to the forwards was a major problem all year , you would think that a few more players could have got over 100 points over potential 22 games .

Why bother to tell people who support the club that you're not supporting them anymore. Withdrawing support because you thought we were better than we actually are.
Because he is frustrated like all of us and needed to vent, lets be honest we have been a very poor club for years and the players didn't show up today

Last edited:
This is how you get to be a moderator...

By dogpiling people who provide the club their feedback regarding memberships and lack of improvement.

Having a go at a moderator who does so much for this site isnt the best move you have ever made .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't get rid of a 23 year old ruck who maybe in the best 3 in the AFL. Maybe if he was 28 you might. He has 10 years left and is already our best player.

Not even to bring in another top 3 ruckman and a bonafide A grade 21 yo mid?

Maybe not- but my point is that we should keep a total open mind to any and all possibilities.

Wc lost a brownlow medalist judd in his prime at romas age and that actually helped them.

It's not impossible that a roma trade could get us closer to a flag.

Last edited:
Because he is frustrated like all of us and needed to vent, lets be honest with have been a very poor club for years and the players didn't show up today
That's fine, I can disagree with him and challenge him on his view. People can defend those who criticise the club. I will defend the club.

Not even to bring in another top 3 ruckman and an A grade mid the same age as him?

Maybe not- but my point is that we should keep a total open mind to any and all possibilities.
Well obviously if the deal is complete madness you would trade roo at his best but logically we aren’t get a completely crazy deal

Other clubs get 75% right, we get about 2% right. Geelong do better with late picks than we do with firsts. Mc Cartin for Sydney was nearly the last picked player in his draft, kicks bags, we pick his brother with pick one and he has more concussions than goals. fu** being a Saints supporter sucks.
And Marshall was a rookie pick , Wilkie was a rookie pick Battle was pick 39 every club passed on these guys most multiple times. Gresh 18 also was passed on were they complete luck or some correct recruiting. I think our recruiting has been at times poor and at times unlucky although it’s not as bad as everyone has made out especially when looked in conjunction with our trading.

Yes Mccartin in hindsige was probably to much of a rush however it’s not as though the other guys in his draft bar Degoey have done much. Unfortunately we happened to have pick one ina draft where the top end just wasn’t there.I can go into deeper analysis over all our draft selections. Over why or why not we should/shouldn’t have stated players.

Surrounding themself with a 'positive' echo-chamber isn't the best move the club ever made either.

What ???? George just gives his view like everyone else here , he is allowed to.

Surrounding themself with a 'positive' echo-chamber isn't the best move the club ever made either.
Lol I am critical of the club when it is warranted. Said all year we need to get better. Just because you didn't read it doesn't mean it's not there.

Lol I am critical of the club when it is warranted. Said all year we need to get better. Just because you didn't read it doesn't mean it's not there.
I'm talking about the attempts to silence those who declare they are frustrated to the point of leaving.

That's what I read, and that's what I commented on.

That's fine, I can disagree with him and challenge him on his view. People can defend those who criticise the club. I will defend the club.
And that's more then fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back