Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd quarter ok, the rest was quite average. I wish they would get rid of this pride s**t and just play the game. I'm sick of companies and now footy clubs losing focus over social issues which many footy fans don't give a stuff about. Time to focus on winning, and nothing else.

Unsure why you can’t do both. Doubt it has any effect on how we play

That's what I've been telling myself for decades. I'm bitter, resigned and resentful. It could have at least built me an admirable character.

It is said that the things which don't kill you only make you stronger (Nietzsche, Sandilands et al). Following the saints sees me stronger than the Incredibe Hulk.

We were the perfect guests today.

Let both their retiring players kick goals and Buddy get a bag on his 300th and ‘Sydney’s big day’.

I actually felt we were coached well enough to win that game, if you don’t include the final quarter where we gave up, we should have been well ahead at 3 quarter time.

We missed so many chances and we just lack ability at times, we can be so untidy that it kills momentum and flow. Our peaks in games rarely leads to scoreboard pressure.

I still hope Ratten gets the gig, but whoever gets it has a huge job on their hands.

As has been mentioned, the list should get cut deep this trade period and hopefully the shake up gives us an opportunity to grow.

As Ratten said, 9 wins from a poor season isn’t a bad return....so we just need to avoid having another poor season - sounds simple...

2012 and 2014 are the bad ones. But 2011, 2013, 2015-now have all found us good, long-term players.
I really feel our last 2 years we have nailed the draft - Max King to me was pick 1 last year and Bytel is another who should of been in the top 10 if not for his back and then the year before with Hunter and Coffield will also be outstanding players.
We all know it takes these kids about 3 or 4 years to hit there straps so if we can snare a couple ball winners it will help there development as well as helping the development of the guys who are at the age to turn it on - Billings , Gresham , Marshall , Battle , Steele , Wilkie.
But the main thing now for this team to make finals is to get all our senior players fit - Hannebery , Steven , Carlisle , Webster , Bruce , Membery , Ross , Kent.

With the players named above with Brad Hill , Crouch and Tomlinson it only leaves one spot for best 22.

All these guys will have to fight for that last spot
Geary
Sinclair
Newnes
Dunstan
Acres
Long
McKenzie
Paton
Joyce
Marsh
Austin
Mayo
Phillips
Langlands
Lonie
Savage
Hind
Young
White
Clavarino
Parker

DELIST

Armitage
McCartin
Roberton
Longer
Pierce
Rowe
Rice

We have been churning talent and the ones we have left are the best of them. We will be the same as Gold Coast if we prune too hard.

Understood
Whatever makes us better but

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess it doesn't mean as much to some people but I think if you're on a website like this you're probably a diehard. So for someone like that to then comment about their own protest against the club like it's something to be applauded is ridiculous.
Let them. They should be ridiculed for it. Embarrassing stuff.
Expect a barrage from a few. You are exactly right. I don’t see the point of posts proudly telling us they are ditching their membership as if they should get a reward for that.
For god's sake you two, can't you see that we're not doing it to be congratulated, we're doing it because we're sick of it, the mediocrity, the inconsistency, the lack of skills and now the lack of heart.

I don't give a tinkers toss how bad we were in the eighties, I started following in 96, so the Saints I know have mostly been decent on field excepting a couple of years and poor off field. Now it's the opposite!

I do know we keep expecting the work to turn and we get served up garbage like the last two weeks as a thank you.

Contrary to what we like to say, the club is not literally a part of our family and many if us have enough problems in our personal lives without having to be obliged to a football club as well.

Maybe we'll cancel our membership, maybe we're just venting and will eventually cool down but we're not doing it for likes or approval, we are venting. Allow us this and scroll down to opinions you agree with if you can't help but berate us.

2nd quarter ok, the rest was quite average. I wish they would get rid of this pride s**t and just play the game. I'm sick of companies and now footy clubs losing focus over social issues which many footy fans don't give a stuff about. Time to focus on winning, and nothing else.

Every game should be a pride game, the pride of winning in red, white, and black.

Do you think the “pride s**t” would distract them in any way from playing well? Unfortunately I don’t think that’s what to blame here, they probably don’t give it a minute’s thought once the ball is bounced.

Agree with your last sentence though.

Last edited:
For god's sake you two, can't you see that we're not doing it to be congratulated, we're doing it because we're sick of it, the mediocrity, the inconsistency, the lack of skills and now the lack of heart.

I don't give a tinkers toss how bad we were in the eighties, I started following in 96, so the Saints I know have mostly been decent on field excepting a couple of years and poor off field. Now it's the opposite!

I do know we keep expecting the work to turn and we get served up garbage like the last two weeks as a thank you.

Contrary to what we like to say, the club is not literally a part of our family and many if us have enough problems in our personal lives without having to be obliged to a football club as well.

Maybe we'll cancel our membership, maybe we're just venting and will eventually cool down but we're not doing it for likes or approval, we are venting. Allow us this and scroll down to opinions you agree with if you can't help but berate us.

Is there 2 of you. Aren’t you the one who can’t understand people not going to games.

Yet you berate is. This place is hilarious

Come on guys , dont get too upset over todays loss . The final game of the year , lots of tired players who werent used to playing so many times but had to because of the injuries we had all season . They tried but Sydney had more to play for and it showed . Remember how well we played when we saw off Kosi , Milne and damn ..... who was the third one ? My apollogies to whoever it is ive forgotten .

Lol, nicely done

Berate is a big word. I am allowed to challenge those that want to tell us that they are cancelling their membership. I don't know about you but I'm a St.Kilda supporter.

If people want to make comments like that on a Saints forum then they sure as hell should expect some negative response in return. So if we don't agree with an opinion we should just ignore it? No thanks!

Every game should be a pride game, the pride of winning in red, white, and black.

The pride game is old hat, anyway. When Moses played full back for the Siani, there was an annual pride game. Sodom versus Gommorah. It got canceled after the Kerry Packer of the time, being God, decided to deregister both clubs. Just to rub salt into the wounds, quite literally, he turned Lot's(Captain Coach of Sodom) wife into a pillar of salt! Grumpy bastard! Lucky he didn't smite anyone!

Spot on George . You are either a Saints supporter for life or you arent a true Saints supporter . Us oldies lived through the 80's when we were averaging about 3 wins a season and we had to flood our ground overnight just to give our team a chance . 9 wins in one season isnt too bad to me given the run of injuries we had this year .

It's a different world now though. My son has lost interest and can't be bothered. Most kids who's parents follow us are barely hanging on...well the ones I know.

It's a bit like the old stage coach driver saying the soft campaigners that want cars can go and get ****ed. we need to fix it or we'll become irrelevant.

It's a different world now though. My son has lost interest and can't be bothered. Most kids who's parents follow us are barely hanging on...well the ones I know.

It's a bit like the old stage coach driver saying the soft campaigners that want cars can go and get f’ed. we need to fix it or we'll become irrelevant.
Until you improve

It's a bit like the old stage coach driver saying the soft campaigners that want cars can go and get f’ed. we need to fix it or we'll become irrelevant.
We are already there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back