Autopsy Round 23, 2019: Sydney v St.Kilda *2019 PRIDE GAME*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity what did you do about it? I’m not having a go, genuine question. Did you tell those fans to shut up and leave them alone or did you report the seat numbers to the antisocial supporter number that’s displayed on the big screen?
Not that i condone abuse to anyone kissing but personal opinion i don’t feel the need to pash my wife at half time of the footy. Only ppl who want to make a statement do that, gay or straight
Kiss and a pass seem different to me

Doubt it. Who gives a s**t about the Pride Game? Who is gay and wakes up and thinks "geez I can't go to the footy this weekend?" No one cares about sexuality at the football. You can sit in the crowd and be anonymous.
I think the game is fine so long as it isn't costing the club money or affecting the players preparation. It's not the marquee game some pretend it is.

That's a native standpoint

Not that i condone abuse to anyone kissing but personal opinion i don’t feel the need to pash my wife at half time of the footy. Only ppl who want to make a statement do that, gay or straight

Sometimes you just need to kiss your partner. Whether you've ever felt the need to do it or not is irrelevant. It's not about making a statement, but even if it was I think it doesn't matter.

Which in isolation looks horrendous but when put in context of the draft makes a little more sense. That draft is probably the worst in the past decade. By a clear way in addition the only good players were really taken in the top 10 or were father sons agree the guys we took wer t great but ya not like many other players around those picks have done anything substantial except for coincidently Tim Membrey and dean Kent. There are some decent enough players sprinkled around but really not many in addition the picks we traded didn’t have any decent players taken at those spots I think were 12/13 Jachksh and Corr the really miss which no one though would occur was missing Grundy
Add bont m crouch darling

It's never as good or as bad as you think, but there are some serious idiots at the club still. They have proven nothing yet. We have replaced Roberton with Wilkie and found a few okay small forwards who aren't game breakers. Marshall and Battle look like they were good gets but we lose Jickey, Pierce and Longer in a 2 year period so it's an upgrade but leaves us vulnerable to injury. We have taken 2 guys who we knew wouldn't play for 12 months in King and Bytel and while the fans get restless they seem to think we have all the patience in the world. Most people are obsessed with King being a champion, not on results but because the thought that what him not being one is too traumatic to contemplate.

We need to get the footy right, no-one cares about a doctor's fancy garden when his patients keep dying.
We are actively finding replacements for the three ruckman, with the reported replacement in Ryder being a massive upgrade.

Yes, not having King and Bytel play this year has been frustrating but isn't it the better thing from the drafting team to take the better, more talented players with our earlier picks and wait a year for them, then just take the convenient player who could instantly cover a crack?

And people are confident King will live up to the hype because from the limited football he has played this year, his talent is evident and he is doing more at that level than his peers at the same age. And his genetic match is showing the talent they have at AFL level. Nothing wrong with being excited and having hope in an extremely talented guy.

I only made a couple of games this year. My family don't want to go so I stay and watch on Kayo. I actually find going depressing, it's empty and slightly embarrassing like a party that no one came to.

That’s a real shame.
I go to every game I can.

Until any player is good you can't really count them as a win though Premo.

Thomlison is only a GOP. He makes Kent look flash.
7 kicks 7 HB is a very average footballer
Do not want him

This is a team that seems to lack fight. Weird as we have won alot of close games.

Your two sentences are completely contradictory.
There have been very few games this season where we have not put up a fight if I recall correctly.

That’s a real shame.
I go to every game I can.

There is an older guy who sits by himself and yells abuse at all our players up on level three, I think that would be me if I went alone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 kicks 7 HB is a very average footballer
Do not want him

Haven’t seen a lot of him. Why are we supposedly so keen on him? What is that they think he can offer than is better than who we’ve got?
Lot of people are here don’t sound so rapt about getting him.

There is an older guy who sits by himself and yells abuse at all our players up on level three, I think that would be me if I went alone.

Aww, you can come and sit with us 🤣

Haven’t seen a lot of him. Why are we supposedly so keen on him? What is that they think he can offer than is better than who we’ve got?
Lot of people are here don’t sound so rapt about getting him.
He is a free agent, its the only thing he has going for him

Success requires doing many things well.

However recruiting and drafting well is a key success factor, and we suck at it.

Unfortunately we have. Just say in recent years compare us to the Doggies. It is not pretty.

And it is not just the actual picks, but the strategy that we have done badly. We chased talls via trade and thought naively that we would get the "Big Fish" FA's later to solve our midfield problem.

We now arguably have the poorest midfield in the competition.

Our ruck divsion after having trading heavily to gain Longer and Hickey would bea basket case at present if it had not turned out that Roookie Marshall who was recruited to bea key position player is actually a better ruckman than the guys we traded in.

Yes our development is also bad. One only has to look at say goal-kicking as an area that the club said that it would focus on, but where we still suck.

Overall recruiting/trading is to me the No1 are that we have done badly. We are in a deep hole now and it will be hard to get our of it. Hopefully we can start picking the right players more often.
on the goalkicking...Is it some kind of special Saints supporter hell that we have to listen to the flog that we pay money to improve our s#$t awful accuracy commentate on our games and cheerily deflect any question about what he does. Where can I get a job like that?

I read today that we had the worse goal kicking accuracy in the league at 48% but also have the best accuracy kicked against us with teams averaging 60% goal kicking accuracy when they play St.Kilda. Which is a monstrous 5% higher than the next team.

Another example of luck going against us this year.
I believe thats our in ability to force teams to take shots from harder positions. Our oppositions take easy shots on little angle while we are shooting from near the boundary or further out. hence why our misses. I believe thats the fault of our game plan.

I believe thats our in ability to force teams to take shots from harder positions. Our oppositions take easy shots on little angle while we are shooting from near the boundary or further out. hence why our misses. I believe thats the fault of our game plan.
Those stats also don't take into account the number of times we've failed to make the distance from 40m out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back