Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

3 tall forwards , 3 tall defenders and 2 rucks ?
Way too tall .
meh our gf team had;

schoey, gov, barass
vardy, lycett
JK and JD

so def would be on par and it just feels more structurally sound when schoey is in there.
In terms of rucks NN is a massive upgrade on the contest compared to Vards.
And fwd line, Ollen is offering a lot around the ground atm, probably more then lecca did last year.

its ok i think. Petch and waterman to a lesser extent just arent having enough impact on the contest.

At this stage I wouldn’t think it matters

We look cooked and flat footed

have faith biggie. Two weeks is a long time in footy and NN can add some seriously needed presence in the middle.
We got our wok cut out and it's a long shot, but if ever a WCE team is capable of winning outside the 4, it's this year imo.

have faith biggie. Two weeks is a long time in footy and NN can add some seriously needed presence in the middle.
We got our wok cut out and it's a long shot, but if ever a WCE team is capable of winning outside the 4, it's this year imo.
I’m sure I’ll perk up come finals time. Has been a tough fortnight

Not quite a sack Simmo type fortnight as old mate suggests but tough nonetheless

Lads will be hurting after that tonight

I dont want them to be hurting. I want them to be f*cken ropeable. As a collective they lowered their team colours tonight and f*cked up the club's best chance at its first back-to-back flag.

We need to go into the finals with Roid Rage as a team sponsor. Every single player should be playing angry - from now until the end of Grand Final day. Come September there is no more tomorrow, and we should play like it.

I’m sure I’ll perk up come finals time. Has been a tough fortnight

Not quite a sack Simmo type fortnight as old mate suggests but tough nonetheless

I’ve never left a game early, sort of just sat there numb tonight after the siren.

When Simmo and Hurn, both of whom I bloody love and will go in to bat for at any time, took the mic for an “aw shucks, we’ll do our best in finals” thank you message, I was gone.

Always find it amusing when people critique the body language of a coach to the micro micro degree, as though any coach not exploding with a spray at every turnover doesn’t care, but in that moment I fully understood the feeling. Compounded further by the fact Karl was trying to tell everyone that we could still finish fourth and play Geelong.

No campaigner, we can’t finish fourth and play Geelong, we’d play Brisbane. Some of us work this s**t out weeks and days and hours in advance because these permutations are the sort of s**t we live for. People live and breath this club and when they’re giving the appearance of not being all in, it’s ******* frustrating.

I’ve never left a game early, sort of just sat there numb tonight after the siren.

When Simmo and Hurn, both of whom I bloody love and will go in to bat for at any time, took the mic for an “aw shucks, we’ll do our best in finals” thank you message, I was gone.

Always find it amusing when people critique the body language of a coach to the micro micro degree, as though any coach not exploding with a spray at every turnover doesn’t care, but in that moment I fully understood the feeling. Compounded further by the fact Karl was trying to tell everyone that we could still finish fourth and play Geelong.

No campaigner, we can’t finish fourth and play Geelong, we’d play Brisbane. Some of us work this s**t out weeks and days and hours in advance because these permutations are the sort of s**t we live for. People live and breath this club and when they’re giving the appearance of not being all in, it’s ******* frustrating.
Tough fortnight for us Eagles fans, that’s fir sure.

Compounded further by the fact Karl was trying to tell everyone that we could still finish fourth and play Geelong.

Karl only does this as a job, he's not passionate about football. One of the reasons I dislike listening to him, he doesn't seem interested. He's always ******* off on a holiday as soon as the season is over. My brother-in-law did a job at his house and said, "You're Karl Langdon," to which Karl replied, "Yeah, can we not talk about football, I do that as a job, I'd rather not do it when I'm at home." My BIL didn't mind, as he prefers NFL anyway. I can understand, to a degree, not wanting to talk shop, but c'mon... waste of being in the industry when you're not passionate about it - yes, I know a lot of us work in industries we're not passionate about, but he's one of WA's biggest AFL media identies. Only there because he rode the football gravy train of the 90s. I'm sure he works hard, but eh.

He likes fishing way more, but football talk pays the bills. Like * he knows all the permutations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be fair simmo looked angry af after the siren just sitting in the box.

I’d prefer a coach be elite at coaching rather than public speaking, so I’m not ropable or anything about the end of season message post game. What they do behind closed doors is far more important.

Just does sting a bit when the speech comes off as “she’ll be right” to a stadium desperate to see you succeed.

What happens from here is far more important than what was said over the PA post game, but like * am I sitting there and listening to it.

Still a chance of 4 aren't we?

At any rate get ******* old mate schoey back in this ******* team immediately. Defence is pathetic without him.

Also gotta take a chance on nic Nat is he's ready.

In Nic, schoey, cameron
Out waterman, Nelson, masten/petch

If we end up 5th I reckon we shouldn't play Nic. Optus has proven to be shithouse hard and slippery all year, so don't risk him on a home final we should be more than capable of winning if we actually turn up. Get over that and then bring him in for whoever we travel to in week 2.

If we snag 4th (c'mon Brissie!) then roll the dice with him at the Gabba and go all out for a home prelim.

If we end up 5th I reckon we shouldn't play Nic. Optus has proven to be s**thouse hard and slippery all year, so don't risk him on a home final we should be more than capable of winning if we actually turn up. Get over that and then bring him in for whoever we travel to in week 2.

If we snag 4th (c'mon Brissie!) then roll the dice with him at the Gabba and go all out for a home prelim.

You think the team is just going to give up if they finish 5th? Shameful if they do, if he is fit then he plays.

If we end up 5th I reckon we shouldn't play Nic. Optus has proven to be s**thouse hard and slippery all year, so don't risk him on a home final we should be more than capable of winning if we actually turn up. Get over that and then bring him in for whoever we travel to in week 2.

Disagree. An elimination final means that there is no next game to bring Nic into. He has to play at home to get touch - if we win he gets valuable gametime for the next final. If we lose then he gets a preseason.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back