Game Day West Coast v Hawthorn at Sunny Perth Stadium- Won’t Someone Rid Me of This Troublesome Team?

Do The Eagles Win the 2019 Flag?

• Yes

• Yes, and the 2020 flag

• Yes, and overthrow the VFL

• Yes, all of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah I dont wanna start to eat our own. I do however want the fans to start voicing their disapproval at how lazy the team appears to be this year. We're West Coast, not f*cken Fremantle - we dont accept mediocrity from the team.
TBH, since when has finishing 4th or 5th been mediocre?

And you know he's not addressing it how?

Because we keep playing the same way week in week out - team turns up for a quarter/ half of football, then goes home. Simmo himself said its effort - if we know its effort thats the problem, then why have we been resting on our laurels all year and allowed it to come back and bite us at the most crucial time of the season? What has he done to show that he attempted to arrest it up until this point? Or did he not believe its been a problem until now?

Last edited:
TBH, since when has finishing 4th or 5th been mediocre?

Its mediocre in the context of the season. 2 weeks ago we were Top 2. We lost a close game to the Tigers at the 'G where we were winning most of the day and had to make do with Top 4. Now we've been thrashed by Hawthorn at home, a side who is only playing for the slim possibility of finals, and fallen out of the 4. Its absolutely mediocre compared to what we have aimed for all season. Simply "playing finals" is loser talk that consoles the failures up the road - we aim to contest a flag every year, and to do that we have to finish as high as possible. 2 weeks ago we had a hand on the premiership cup - tonight we've tossed it in the bin. This loss is the biggest disaster of our season to date.

so This year is a write off now guys. How can we improve our list for next year. We need more mids how can we achieve this should we look at wafl or the draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True man let’s look to next year, lions ain’t beating brisbane. Need to get Kelly
No T Kelly will be too expensive ...desperately need a couple of true mids and a decent ruckman. Rather try our luck with the draft picks....T Kelly might end up like the overpaid McGoverns...lazy and arrogant.🙁

Gold Coast has been setup as a feeder club for Victorian teams. Develop players, dont win anything, trade any daimonds to Rich/ Coll/ Haw, etc for peanuts.
Heard in commentary tonight that Hawks "found a player in Scrimshaw". FFS, he was a top-10 pick by Gold Coast, traded to Hawks for bugger all like so many others.

Same problem as last week.

Same problem as throughout the year.

Post-clearance contested possessions.

The team wins the clearance, hacks the ball out to an outnumbered contest, whereby the opposition end up winning possession and get an easy slingslot on the switch into attack, making our defenders look like mushrooms.

Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Geelong, Sydney, Collingwood, Richmond and now Hawthorn - every loss this season has come the same way.

I posted in detail about this almost four months ago now, and frankly, very little has changed.

The Case for Plan B and how it can be done

We now find ourselves on the verge of a completely wasted season.

Hoping that Brisbane can defeat Richmond at the MCG for the first time since 1988.

Hoping that Naitanui won't just somehow return, but be able to play four weeks in a row if the above result doesn't go our way.

All because the club hasn't developed a proper means of countering opposition extras sitting behind the ball.

I am livid. This team is capable of doing so much more.
Coaching dept is 100% to blame for this.

Gold Coast has been setup as a feeder club for Victorian teams. Develop players, dont win anything, trade any daimonds to Rich/ Coll/ Haw, etc for peanuts.

Both GCS and GWS have been exactly that. Biggest rort of the last decade that is ignored by the media.

Where's Coniglio off to next year? Hmmm.

You really accept mediocrity you should be freo supporter

Not a criticism of your post, just a comment drawn from it.

Whenever we lose and people aren’t furious about it, other posters say “go support Freo”.

Whenever Freo lose and people ARE furious about it, Freo board posters tell them to “go support West Coast”.

Makes me laugh at the gap in attitude and standards between the two clubs. I guess on nights like this we can say at least we aren’t Freo?

Not a criticism of your post, just a comment drawn from it.

Whenever we lose and people aren’t furious about it, other posters say “go support Freo”.

Whenever Freo lose and people ARE furious about it, Freo board posters tell them to “go support West Coast”.

Makes me laugh at the gap in attitude and standards between the two clubs. I guess on nights like this we can say at least we aren’t Freo?

Your right man, just very disappointed with tonight’s effort, seems like we have blown it for another premiership

Thats a wake up call if ever I've seen one.Still a chance to redeem ourselves cant get nic nat back in soon enough .Feel like we been treading water with a bit of good football here and there for a while and tonights game was f’ed

Way, way too late. The wake up calls have been there all through the season and they weren't paid adequate attention it seems. Nic Nat coming in isn't going to fix this.

Well, that sucked. I guess we get a week off, get Nic back and have a crack from there. Who knows? Geelong aren't that great, Brisbane are inexperienced, and we can beat Richmond and Collingwood if we're on. If there's ever a year to win from outside the top four, this is it.

And with respect to how good Hawthorn were tonight, Gold Coast can fu** off and stop compromising the integrity of the competition. They handed Cameron the Coleman this week, while the Hawks basically had an exhibition match for Roughead last week.

Are you kidding?
Maybe if we pulled out fingers out and flogged teams like gold coast when we played them we wouldn't be in this situation
Stop blaming straw men.
We've played half arsed football all year and thought we would get away with it

Last year we relied on working hard and everyone playing their role and this year our player want to play the millionaire football and be front runners without the hard work.

What the actual * has this got to do with our performance tonight?

You guys are laughable

Back