Player Watch #11 Tom Papley - Telling it like it is

Remove this Banner Ad

idTAwFiA.jpg

Tom Papley

Player Profile

Tom Papley swapped his plumbing tools for a Sherrin when the Sydney Swans sprung a draft surprise in 2015 – and the pocket-rocket forward has since become a crucial member of coach John Longmire’s side. Papley has played 20 or more senior games in every one of his four full seasons in the AFL and was at his best in 2019, topping Sydney’s goal-kicking leaderboard and finishing fourth in the Bob Skilton Medal voting. The Gippsland Power product took on more time in the midfield in 2019 and is likely to again split his time between the forward line and centre bounce this year. Papley was selected in the AFL Players’ Association’s 22Under22 team in 2017. Draft history: 2016 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 12; 2016 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Tom Papley
DOB: 13 July 1996
DEBUT:2016
DRAFT: 2016
RECRUITED FROM: Bunyip (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Last edited by a moderator:

Its just what happens Mick players move to other states to be closer to family/partners.
You’re talking about the partner. She’s graduated nursing or something, she can and will get a job anywhere. He’s contracted, making more money than she can dream of and for club he loves. What’s more important...live your dream or ‘come home or we’re done’?

Just ‘cos your missus tells you what do do, doesn’t mean we’re all under the thumb!

lol

look at this way

-both from victoria

- both their families there

- her job might only be there

- he can play anywhere he is that good

- he could get more money elsewhere potentially

so why wouldnt they consider him relocating

You’re talking about the partner. She’s graduated nursing or something, she can and will get a job anywhere. He’s contracted, making more money than she can dream of and for club he loves. What’s more important...live your dream or ‘come home or we’re done’?

how do you know his dreams?

Because he said it when he was recruited...you know that!

and he played for sydney

maybe he had another dream about a hot nurse, they didn't report that

lol

look at this way

-both from victoria

- both their families there

- her job might only be there

- he can play anywhere he is that good

- he could get more money elsewhere potentially

so why wouldnt they consider him relocating
And he’s contracted, was he homesick when he signed that contract extension? Na, I bet it wasn’t even a consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he’s contracted, was he homesick when he signed that contract extension? Na, I bet it wasn’t even a consideration.

agree and if he asks to go because of homesick etc swans should say ok, end of 2020 if you want out we will trade you instead of a new contract

And he could be earning even more at another club in Victoria.

Don’t want him to go, but you can’t hold it against him if he wanted to move home with his partner, for more pay.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

And he could be earning even more at another club in Victoria.

Don’t want him to go, but you can’t hold it against him if he wanted to move home with his partner, for more pay.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He can wait a year. The go home factor wasn’t an issue when he re-signed. Let’s not get carried away either, show many the facts that he’s put in a trade request and we can go from there. ‘I’ll be waiting right here’ seems to be the comment of the month so I may as well use it too!

He can wait a year. The go home factor wasn’t an issue when he re-signed. Let’s not get carried away either, show many the facts that he’s put in a trade request and we can go from there. ‘I’ll be waiting right here’ seems to be the comment of the month so I may as well use it too!
Maybe the go home factor wasn’t an issue when he re signed though Mick , things in life change from day to day

I bet B Hill wasn’t thinking of moving back to Melbourne either

i think the trade request is probably BS

its just the idea that his woman should move for him and the other way around seems impossible to you, people are just saying its possibly a reason

like buddy

you are spot on re Contract etc

i think the trade request is probably BS

its just the idea that his woman should move for him and the other way around seems impossible to you, people are just saying its possibly a reason

like buddy

you are spot on re Contract etc
The other way around doesn’t seem impossible, I never said that. Gee, I’m thinking the go home factor, moving for the girlfriend thing happens all the time doesn’t it? The impossible (improbable) appears to be the gf moving for the player. That to me, says that you think that’s impossible!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back