Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yep, in a flash.
I wouldn't. I don't think you'll find many who would give up a top ten pick for a bunch of second rounders.

In our current circumstance, with Henry being bid in the first round, we would be essentially trading pick 7 for Henry and pick #26. Where if we don't make that trade we get pick #7 and Henry.

I was saying what I said if we got one from Saints and kept ours. I wouldn’t do it solely with our first if we didn’t have another. I’m also keen on getting Jackson.
Yeah I still wouldn't do it this year unless we were sure a Henry bid wasn't coming until 18+.

6 + 7 + Henry is better than 6 + Henry + 26 + 30odd.

My thoughts to get Jackson are based on the noise that’s not going away for Sean Darcy.
If Sean goes then I'd certainly consider it, although my preference is to trade on draft night because of Henry. I'd rather as many top 10s as we can get and think there is a good chance Jackson is a 20-30 pick.

I wouldn't. I don't think you'll find many who would give up a top ten pick for a bunch of second rounders.

In our current circumstance, with Henry being bid in the first round, we would be essentially trading pick 7 for Henry and pick #26. Where if we don't make that trade we get pick #7 and Henry.

If Henry gets a bid at 15 and you apply the 20% it’s less on the draft points index than pick 20. Can’t be bothered doing more than that pick that but point is we’d most likely have two second rounders unless someone pulls out a massive surprise and bids on Henry real early or Henry somehow slips right past all three picks, in which case I reckon we’d just draft him with 26 as we won’t have the points to match after that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Henry gets a bid at 15 and you apply the 20% it’s less on the draft points index than pick 20. Can’t be bothered doing more than that pick that but point is we’d most likely have two second rounders unless someone pulls out a massive surprise and bids on Henry real early or Henry somehow slips right past all three picks, in which case I reckon we’d just draft him with 26 as we won’t have the points to match after that.

Yeah, a bid at 15 is worth pick #20 and returns pick #66.

Personally I'd rather we stockpike the top ten picks and let Henry be our last selection if he comes later. If we had pick #5, #6 and something around #12 then it will let us pick for needs a bit.

5 and 6 is a bit rich for me.

We’re talking about one of the best players in the league. If they gave their first rounder back I’d be fine with it.

We’d be able to trade their first back up 4-5 spots in pick swaps to around 10 meaning the Henry bid would come after that pick and we’d have two first rounders anyway. It’d be good trading imo.

We’re talking about one of the best players in the league. If they gave their first rounder back I’d be fine with it.

We’d be able to trade their first back up 4-5 spots in pick swaps to around 10 meaning the Henry bid would come after that pick and we’d have two first rounders anyway. It’d be good trading imo.
There are big assumptions there. First we don't know where Henry will be bid on (the club might be able to get some idea) second, that we will be able to trade up to pick ten. I could see some circumstances where I would do it, but without all the info in front of me, I'd have to say nah. I wasn't that impressed with Kelly against us on a big ground. He kicked a great goal though. I wouldn't mind having him, but not at that cost without the other questions being answered.

McCarthy could become the gun forward that he has the potential to be under a new head coach. The guy has shown this year he has the capacity and the ability, but has been constantly dropped after 1 bad game and we haven't even bothered to be consistent and back him.

McCarthy could become the gun forward that he has the potential to be under a new head coach. The guy has shown this year he has the capacity and the ability, but has been constantly dropped after 1 bad game and we haven't even bothered to be consistent and back him.
He was tracking for 38 goals for a full season... That would be a career high.

SPP anyone?? I’m no huge fan, but he’s young fits a need and would give us cover should we lose Hill and Langdon. Think he’d go well at Optus too.
I see value in SPP too, we need a young bull to help Fyfe being battered and protect Cerra and Brayshaw who hopefully get more midfield minutes. I know people like Cox but I’d do a trade so we don’t lose draft picks which I hope we use on the strong crop of WA under 18’s. And please no Mason Wood = Kersten mark 2.

The second tier of talent (and it is very good) after the elite (only 2 or 3 this year) pushes out to about 25 to 30 this year as compared to last year it dropped of after about 15-20. It is a good year for having extra picks in the first 30.

The second tier of talent (and it is very good) after the elite (only 2 or 3 this year) pushes out to about 25 to 30 this year as compared to last year it dropped of after about 15-20. It is a good year for having extra picks in the first 30.
It doesn't necessarily mean that pick 7 is equal to pick 30 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back