Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

BlueandGoldforever

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
This is the first year I can remember of West Coast making finals where there hasn’t been one game where I have thought: ‘I would like to watch the replay of that match.’
We have lacked desire and intent. Players are very content with themselves after winning the premiership last year.

Simpson is a very good strategist but lacks nous on game day. He just reverts to the mantra of ‘backing players in’.

It was clear last week that Hickey needed a break and Barrass needed to be dropped. You can’t play both Nelson and Duggan in the same side because they both lack composure and have average disposal.

Petruccelle needs to be dropped and replaced with Cameron or Ah Chee.

Waterman is too slow for AFL football and if Naitanui is fit, Waterman comes out and Allen plays forward.

We need Schofield down back and he should replace Barrass.

There is way too much panic kicking and blind handballing. Some of the efforts in the past two weeks have been embarrassing.

I would find a way to bring in Ah Chee because he offers us versatility. Redden needs a rocket and Hurn looks as though he is on holiday.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah Schofield has been important. Has been instrumental out of half back recently. We need him.

What is the actual chance of Nic playing in two weeks?

kerr87

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Could still be a QF.

Have faith :(

We've seen the same s**t in all our losses (and even in our wins this year. The problems have been obvious but from the outside everything we've done has no impact. It's almost like nothing has been done as the same shitnjust keeps happening.

We saw it round 1 and nothing's changed.

This is not just players having poor intensity and work ethic but incredibly poor coaching (even more so).

We easily have the most talented best 22 yet something is not right.

The same spirit as last year just doesn't seem to be there within the squad.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth
Not sure about the Petch hate

What are you not sure of? No one hates him.
He has very limited football ability who happens to be a fast runner.
Surely there were other fast runners in the draft that had natural footy ability.
I feel for him a little as I don’t know what he is being developed as, if his weapon is his pace then why is he being developed as a small forward and not an outside mid?
I honestly don’t know how he keeps getting a game, you can’t go into finals a man down and playing him we are a man down.
I am sure he is a cracking young fella but he is so far from being a solid contributor at this level, he doesn’t really do much at WAFL level. The MC clearly see something I don’t. Lucky for Petch.

Nov 13, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
What are you not sure of? No one hates him.
He has very limited football ability who happens to be a fast runner.
Surely there were other fast runners in the draft that had natural footy ability.
I feel for him a little as I don’t know what he is being developed as, if his weapon is his pace then why is he being developed as a small forward and not an outside mid?
I honestly don’t know how he keeps getting a game, you can’t go into finals a man down and playing him we are a man down.
I am sure he is a cracking young fella but he is so far from being a solid contributor at this level, he doesn’t really do much at WAFL level. The MC clearly see something I don’t. Lucky for Petch.
He has had stints on the wing in the WAFL, I've only watched half the matches on the shitty live stream and even I know that. He has kicked regular goals at WAFL level and looks a class above down there.

I wanted him out for Cameron last week too, but think you're underselling his development mate! Has ability in spades, but he's still a kid who is developing.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Out: Barrass, Nelson, Petch, Waterman
In: Schofield, Rotham, Cameron, NN
That is a lot of changes to be bringing into a sudden death final but I cant argue it.

Barrass has been arguably our worst player in our past three losses. Against Collingwood and Richmond he basically cost us the games. Schofield should never have been dropped but now its so obvious he needs to be back.

Rotham a better player and in better form than Nelson (and Duggan looked out of sorts after that ankle). In for one of those two.

Cameron is better than Petch any day of the week. Better tackler and user of the footy. Petch is nowhere.

Nic Nat comes in for Waterman

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
A lot of finger pointing at petch, not enough finger pointing redden. Can’t all be left to shuey and yeo...

It’s gonna be bulldogs at home in week 1, and they’re on fire right now. Brisbane are gonna get towelled today...

FKASC

Reid’s Like Copium
May 28, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
A lot of finger pointing at petch, not enough finger pointing redden. Can’t all be left to shuey and yeo...

It’s gonna be bulldogs at home in week 1, and they’re on fire right now. Brisbane are gonna get towelled today...
Yeah Redden is a mediocre player. Plays a handful of games at the level you’d expect from a senior midfielder and the rest he just hides in the shadows of the other mids.

Oct 3, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth

Redden hasn’t been great I totally agree but he has been 10 times better than Petch.
Hurn has also been pretty ordinary since coming back from injury, he needs to take a leaf out of Jetta’s book and use his kicking as a weapon instead of a 15m chip which does nothing to create anything.

Hurn has also been pretty ordinary since coming back from injury, he needs to take a leaf out of Jetta’s book and use his kicking as a weapon instead of a 15m chip which does nothing to create anything.
I do wonder if that weapon is now gone.

Love this place after a loss!

Out: Nelson, Waterman
In: Schoey, Nic

Jake been playing well, but somebody needs to come out for Nic
Petch needs to be removed as well buddy.

He isn’t cut out for intense football right now.

DickDunn

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

Seemed to be avoiding kicking last night - was handballing a lot and weirdly kicked on his left a couple of times. I wonder if he was playing through an injury after going off for treatment early

Seemed to be avoiding kicking last night - was handballing a lot and weirdly kicked on his left a couple of times. I wonder if he was playing through an injury after going off for treatment early
Gee that’s right, he did go off early didn’t he.

Old man injuries are catching up with Bunga :(

Back