Opinion Things to look forward to in Season 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Debuts of King and hopefully Bytel.
Hannebery playing a full year at full fitness.
Hopefully finals.

An extremely small chance, but the return of Robbo and/or Paddy.

Max King, prepared to fly over for his debut I’m that excited. Felt like a truck hit me when it looked like a potential ACL.

A close second is Hunter Clark, made giant strides late through the season so really excited to see if he can continue and even improve on that form early next season.

A few other players I’m looking forward to keeping a close eye on over pre season:
Bytel
Hannebery
Billings
Coffield
Battle
Wilkie

Lastly, Brett Ratten. Think he’s the one to take us forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The removal of some of the dead wood from previous years and whoever the next coach is, an enforced and clear progression into the next level of this group's development past the Richardson ethos into more skill-based movement.

Strong leaders on field
Great decision making, less bombing
Better skills
Better goal kicking
Less injuries

King
Bytel
Hannebury
Clark
Coffield
Marshall
Parker
Hind
Gresham
Battle
Wilkie
Paton
Mayo
Billings

Seeing if Clavarino Alabakis Austin Phillips Joyce Young or Langlands can find their way into the team.

Seeing how any new recruits slot into our team.

Seeing which teams surprise.

Watching hated teams fail again.

Seeing the inaugural St Kilda AFLW season. (Is that next year?)

Roma, Roma and Roma.

He's my favourite player by quite a distance now.

Love his confidence, love the way he plays. He's our marquee player going forward and can become the best in the comp and drag the midfield and the rest of the team along with him. He's got the ability and the swagger to do it.

Really looking forward to watching Marshall, Clark, Gresham, Coffield, Billings, Battle and Hind continue to grow. King's debut will be huge but we need to keep expectations tempered for a beanstalk teenager key forward.

Forget it...Coleman medallist next year! 🤣

What are those? and when do they happen?

We do have our first AFLW season next year so lets get exited there.

I've only followed the game closely for a couple of years, but I'm told these 'finals' are kind of remedial class for the weaker teams, enabling the smaller clubs to get extra practise to improve their skills as everybody else goes on holiday. It seems a good idea, as it will make next year more competitive.

Ming, bytel, hunter building a masive tank over pre season, no more seb ross 9 irons...bullets only, hill running the length of the ground in 4 secs.
Plus, if all goes well trade time and the footy gods bless us with no injuries....finals

* i miss finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back