Cant move forward unless Burton removed.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Our whole club going backwards at thousand knots and very obvious not a happy household and if all unhappy players not indication then all the quality coaches etc that have walked out and usually shine at new environment then the massive dive in performance over last 10 or more weeks has to be.
Further indication is our near AFL listed SANFL team getting beaten over last few weeks by low SANFL part time player clubs.
First reaction is to sack coach and yes Pyke is really under the pump and has been found lacking but if they sack Pyke and remove few players that is like putting band aid on major pipe burst.
All the disastrous decisions in
Fitness Levels
Injury Maintenance
Player Welfare
Coaching retention and recruitment
Player contracts
Player Recruiting and trading
Player Drafting
etc etc etc
These all come under Burtons reign and all have been totally stuffed up by him .
This all started with Roo bringing one of mates in and then pushing top operator out and promoting Burton to 1 of top 3 jobs in club with a history of failure.
Since then we have gone from one disaster to another with all areas covered by him dropping the ball .
As you BF posters are aware of the stuff ups this man done all with a arrogant smug you peasants attitude to us highlighted this week on SEN i think saying didn't care what we thought. I don't need to list.
They are all looking after each other there so unless make statement by pushing Burton out nothing will change.
Guys maybe by voicing on this subject we can at least get our message out there .

We are in for some pain going forward. Combination of poor list management and a complete lack of emphasis on player development.

Unfortunately, Ricciuto will ensure that his mate gets protected and will not hesitate to throw others under the bus.

This year will be blamed on the players and guys like Greenwood and Jenkins will be moved on. Maybe someone like Godden will be the token coaching casualty.
Next year will be when Pyke gets the arse (caretaker Campo yay) and we finish bottom four.
2021 when we win our first spoon, only then will Burton come under pressure.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Burton is only using 5% of his brain, when he unlocks the other 95% he will be an elite football manager. Needs a tenure of between nine and 11 years. He’s so good I don’t even know why we went through a process when we hired him, everyone told us how good he was and Roo distanced himself from the process, so that means we’ve got the best person for the job.

Unless you’re inside the four walls you can’t see what a great job he’s doing. I’m not gonna go into the details of why he’s good, just trust me.

He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience. At the same time, he’s learning on the job.

Those two statements don’t contradict each other. If you think they do you’re not inside the four walls.

When are Crows members going to use 95% of their brains and listen for once? Players took great things from the camp. And the camp was a fail. Don’t you idiots understand?

Richard Douglas is retiring, and he’s interested in playing on. Get it?

You customers have to learn to comprehend things.

Last edited:

the universal

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Generally agree but I don't know why we need yet another thread on this.

We are in for some pain going forward. Combination of poor list management and a complete lack of emphasis on player development.

Unfortunately, Ricciuto will ensure that his mate gets protected and will not hesitate to throw others under the bus.

This year will be blamed on the players and guys like Greenwood and Jenkins will be moved on. Maybe someone like Godden will be the token coaching casualty.
Next year will be when Pyke gets the arse (caretaker Campo yay) and we finish bottom four.

We are not winning a spoon unless a large portion of the players choose to tank games to get coaches sacked.

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ok Mr Universe where is the other sack Burton topic I can get involved in.
Look we have to move Burton now because if we don't then all those decision re players , coaches etc at one of most crucial time for club will be handled by him or mishandled if true to form under his leadership .
And everyone will continue to look after each other to not let any outsider create waves.
All outside experts say he has to go so I believe we must keep pushing the issue in our own way.
Yes Jackster player development is another glaring problem with McAdam, Davis etc as classic example expected to push for selection.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Burton’s job is to look 3-4 years ahead. He’s safe till 2023.

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Chapman should have said, Burton has his L plates on, he's learning on the job. If we wait until the end of his tenure we will be able to look back and say he really was diabolical and we may never recover.

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think this is the number 1 issue at the club
This incompetent flog must be the first to go
The thread title says it all
You cannot have someone like that as your football manager especially after the CM and hamstring awareness issues of last year
How anyone keeps their job , in fact gets promoted , after that is unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Personally I think Pyke is the problem and needs to go first. If he hasn't got what he has asked for in his time there then he is weak and not the man for the job. A good coach can galvanise the playing group against the admin.

Pyke selected the rediculous two Captains, and overseen heartless performances and insisted on not blooding youth.

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils
Chapman should have said, Burton has his L plates on, he's learning on the job. If we wait until the end of his tenure we will be able to look back and say he really was diabolical and we may never recover.
This is what Chapman said about Burton's appointment

“But I can say there were people within the industry that spoke to us and said: ‘Why are you wasting your time interviewing others? Why are you being hesitant in appointing him?’ And the response was ‘Well we’ve got to do our due diligence, a choice of one’s never a choice’. So we interviewed lots of people and industry sources, independent of our football club were going: ‘He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience — appoint him.’

I'd like like to know who the 'industry sources' were (his old teammates? wife and kids?) and who were the 'lots of people' who got an interview for his position.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think this is the number 1 issue at the club
This incompetent flog must be the first to go
The thread title says it all
You cannot have someone like that as your football manager especially after the CM and hamstring awareness issues of last year
How anyone keeps their job , in fact gets promoted , after that is unbelievable.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Always said you get promoted to your level of incompetence therefore the CEO is the most incompetent and the cleaner/janitor is the most competent.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Burton is only using 5% of his brain, when he unlocks the other 95% he will be an elite football manager. Needs a tenure of between nine and 11 years. He’s so good I don’t even know why we went through a process when we hired him, everyone told us how good he was and Roo distanced himself from the process, so that means we’ve got the best person for the job.

Unless you’re inside the four walls you can’t see what a great job he’s doing. I’m not gonna go into the details of why he’s good, just trust me.

He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience. At the same time, he’s learning on the job.

Those two statements don’t contradict each other. If you think they do you’re not inside the four walls.

When are Crows members going to use 95% of their brains and listen for once? Players took great things from the camp. And the camp was a fail. Don’t you idiots understand?

Richard Douglas is retiring, and he’s interested in playing on. Get it?

You customers have to learn to comprehend things.
Mystery solved.
Chapman IS Slippery Pete ;) . Been around 9 years, too ...

Aug 13, 2006
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
This is what Chapman said about Burton's appointment

“But I can say there were people within the industry that spoke to us and said: ‘Why are you wasting your time interviewing others? Why are you being hesitant in appointing him?’ And the response was ‘Well we’ve got to do our due diligence, a choice of one’s never a choice’. So we interviewed lots of people and industry sources, independent of our football club were going: ‘He’s got the pedigree, he’s got the background, he’s got the experience — appoint him.’

I'd like like to know who the 'industry sources' were (his old teammates? wife and kids?) and who were the 'lots of people' who got an interview for his position.

I don’t reckon Brisbane would’ve been glowing about him - so who was it?

Crouch#44

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Look at Brisbane after Burton left?

Can we do the same... unfortunately it more than likely we are stuck in thus mess for a long time

Aug 17, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cant believe Roo was as stupid and arrogant as Birdbrain was in insulting supporters, the heart and soul of club and the source of income that turns the wheel of club.
Of course Roo did this in frustration at the heat being put on him, but more importantly on his mates in boys club he created.
The only positive out of this, is the only way going to take heat off totally is by giving Burton and Hart a gentle push out the door..
He can try to ride it out but that won't remove what he created both by appointment and what he said.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Personally I think Pyke is the problem and needs to go first. If he hasn't got what he has asked for in his time there then he is weak and not the man for the job. A good coach can galvanise the playing group against the admin.

Pyke selected the rediculous two Captains, and overseen heartless performances and insisted on not blooding youth.
He wanted just Sloane this year, got told it's not happening, can't remove the man that lead us through Walsh's passing. Same reason they won't get rid of Campo. Co-Captains was the compromise.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Look at Brisbane after Burton left?

Can we do the same... unfortunately it more than likely we are stuck in thus mess for a long time
Give Noble some crredit here, lets not forget so many on this board wanted to get rid if Noble

Yep always be careful what you wish for

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back