Keeper Lg. BigFooty Dynasty (Ultimate Footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheers mate. Walters, Merrett and the Doggies contingent got me over the line, but before the Freo/Essendon game kicked off things were looking a little shakey. I think the Granny is going to be a close one. Hoping tenderwarrior's GWS backs don't get too much of the ball given Gold Coast probably aren't going to be doing much damage going forward... ;)
I think you will be too strong, I will be relying on luck, but let's see. I think if I win I would be the first team to go back-to-back, is that right?

I think you will be too strong, I will be relying on luck, but let's see. I think if I win I would be the first team to go back-to-back, is that right?
Nah you're dreaming mate. I've gone back 2 back in my first 2 seasons. In fact I think if you count the teams previous owner I've 3 peated! Oh what's that you're talking about winning and not spoons? What's this winning thing can someone please talk me through it... ;)

Interesting to see the GF teams of players not playing due to injury/form/talent/development.

Rockford:
B: H.Cunningham - T.Langdon - L.McDonald - J.Clark - C.Wilkie - K.Kolodjashnij
C: L.Parker - D.Sheed - T.Cotchin - B.Stretch - A.Tomlinson
R: C.Sinclair
F: J.Martin - J.Stringer - B.Parfitt - J.Newnes - Z.Butters - J.Hunt
U: T.Nankervis - P.Ladhams - D.Howard - R.Mathieson (L.Scholl)

Tenderwarriors:
B: S.Hill - J.Howe - M.Gleeson - B.Williams - S.Mayes - M.Pickett*
C: C.Ward - D.Heppell - A.Hall - J.Redden - N.Jones
R: T.Bellchambers
F: T.McDonald - B.Ebert - J.Caddy - J.Daniher - J.Jenkins - H.Greenwood
U: D.Tyson - A.Christensen - Z.Clarke - B.Longer - (S.Draper)

Both teams have a bit of talent missing. Rockford has a crazy midfield to have Parker and Cotchin outside the best 22!

Edit: Love the mind games being played with pre-games lineups. This is current teams *not* playing

Last edited:
Good luck to both teams, don’t know who anyone is supporting probably think Rockford’s season deserves it and don’t like the thought of tender going back to back. Both great teams at the moment though.

Good luck to both teams, don’t know who anyone is supporting probably think Rockford’s season deserves it and don’t like the thought of tender going back to back. Both great teams at the moment though.
Yeah, Rockford has certainly had the more dominant side. Warriors are happy to just be there given players who have struggled with injury and form in 2019! It is good to have depth!

Definitely neutral for me! Gooooooo sports team! :D

Cameron probably gets the Norm Smith? Win or lose, 9 goals in a GF reminiscent of Ablett Snr.

I don't want to jinx him, but, Dunkley has carried me this Finals series so far. Hoping for a similar all action performance from him today.

Edit: So much for not jinxing him :D Since I wrote the initial post Dunkley has added 1 kick. Seedsman in the same time period, 8 touches and 3 marks...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort Rockford, a well deserved win. Warriors had a disappointing year all up, but a few highlights being Charlie Cameron and Rowan Marshall cementing themselves inside the best 22 and Zac Williams proving to be a great acquisition. Lowlights being injuries and form affecting most of my midfielders at some point and the inconsistency of my forwards. Gaff, Lloyd and Whitfield were probably my best 3 players for the season and can hold their heads up high

Thanks guys. You never know how elimination Finals can turn out. Throughout the season there's been many rounds where I've looked at the numbers put up by other teams and seen I would've been defeated had the fixtures been different. A lot of time goes into discussions around trades and, this season especially, looking at the match up and trying to set a best 22 that matches up well against my opponent. A fair bit of luck comes into it all too.

Congrats to tenderwarrior who had a great season too and could well be asking what might have been had he not copped injuries to key personnel at the pointy end of the season.

I thought the rest of the top 8 was all really close (and Tutty just missing out) and any of us are a couple players away from being favourites next season (and I don't necessarily mean Cogs and Dev Smith, hands off :p). Jordie_tackles was unlucky in our first Final to put up some of his worst numbers for the season, and then shaded by a rampaging richcogs in his second. To those teams rebuilding, take a leaf from Jordie_tackles' book, in a couple seasons of astute trading and drafting he's gone from bottom 4 to top 4, and recycled plenty along the way. I know deeman87 and Zim^zuM are very active in terms of looking for trades, Drew23 seems to be getting an early jump on a rebuild and Orasia Fantazio went at his first draft in a big way. Staying top 8 is going to be a challenge. I'm pretty sure I finished our first season in 13th place (and TW, you were 12th?). Building a list, trading and drafting is more than half the fun in this game IMO and now that our Finals series is done, we can get down to the important stuff ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back