Game Day Bulldogs v Adelaide at Mars R23 - the end is nigh

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think at mid season this year we were solid favorites to make the 8 and a chance for top 4. I don’t think you can dispute that?

Bulldogs were in a different spot heading into this season.

I think it was logical heading into the year to think 2018 was an outlier and we could get back to competing for a premiership.

The first half certainly did nothing to show that was definitively wrong.

After this second half collapse there can be no such illusion this offseason

We must rebuild

Question is do you burn it down as many espouse?

Or do you identify vets that actually can maintain a culture of trying to win and get rid of the malcontents and then mix in youth.

Everyone’s flavor today is Jones—but let’s be real. There is zero chance that kid would have survived 23 games against men week in and week out.

He isn’t physically mature enough

So you need to bring youth along—-yes, but there is a smart way to do it

Finishing 10-12 a couple years whilst you retool is not worse and I would argue far far better then becoming the next Carlton
Yes it is easy to dispute that, you just have to look at the way we performed and the teams we played and the circumstances those teams were in. It was clear we were average.

We should trade Matt because players who can get 40 touches are pretty common. Winning the ball isn’t really a skill
45 disposals @ 82.2%DE and 576m gained, 7 clearances, 8 score involvements, some people are just dead set haters.

I think at mid season this year we were solid favorites to make the 8 and a chance for top 4. I don’t think you can dispute that?

Bulldogs were in a different spot heading into this season.

I think it was logical heading into the year to think 2018 was an outlier and we could get back to competing for a premiership.

The first half certainly did nothing to show that was definitively wrong.

After this second half collapse there can be no such illusion this offseason

We must rebuild

Question is do you burn it down as many espouse?

Or do you identify vets that actually can maintain a culture of trying to win and get rid of the malcontents and then mix in youth.

Everyone’s flavor today is Jones—but let’s be real. There is zero chance that kid would have survived 23 games against men week in and week out.

He isn’t physically mature enough

So you need to bring youth along—-yes, but there is a smart way to do it

Finishing 10-12 a couple years whilst you retool is not worse and I would argue far far better then becoming the next Carlton
Carlton's problems go beyond just playing lots of kids.

If you are using them as an example why not use all the teams that have won flags after bottoming out and securing top end talent?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back