Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah this is going the way I thought.
Anyway it could of been worse. Thanks to Bulldogs that we play Essendon. Hawks seem to match up very well us and glad we don't have to play them again.

Essendon at the moment are a rabble so it's basically a easy win.

Then we go to the semi. Who would we play with the ladder like it is in a semi.

Is it the loser out of Geelong Collingwood
Or Brisbane Richmond. I think it's Brisbane or Richmond yeah.

Anyway we are ok at the MCG and the Gabba holds no fears either way.

If we win the EF we will play the loser of 1 v 4 which is Geelong/Richmond at the moment.

Then I guess Simpson is wrong since he put down last night's results down to effort in the post match.

The effort was there in most matches this season. But last night was ugh.

Could've stomached a Richmond or Collingwood type game last night where we kept it close and were eventually beaten by a team that wanted it more. Apart for a few minutes in the second quarter we never really were in it.

Anyway it could of been worse. Thanks to Bulldogs that we play Essendon. Hawks seem to match up very well us and glad we don't have to play them again.

We'd play the loser of Collingwood v cats yeah?

Yeah true, not sure the margin but its looking like a flogging so they might do it.
Yes as others have said that 1 point loss to Collingwood and last night's lack lustre effort has really hurt our chances.
Oh well thems the breaks!

Almost an impossibility to make the big dance now, week 1 at home and should we manage a win and there's no guarantee of this, then we would have to win the next two games on the road to even make that last Saturday in September. Even supposing by some miracle we could manage that, will we have anything left in the tank to give on GF day. We have plenty of boys with very sore bodies although having next week off and the best part of the following week will help of course. Would love to believe in miracles but with so many of our top players out of form at the moment doesn't leave me with much confidence. Feel for Shep, Gaff and Nic though as they deserved their chance to hang that medal around their necks😩

Think we would play the loser out of 1 v 4

I wouldn't call Essendon a rabble or an easy TBH.

Brisbane are so pitiful at the MCG that must be seriously concerning for their premiership hopes this year.
Looks like the flag is Richmonds to lose, although you never know maybe Geelong will find their top form again or even more of a miracle we find our mojo again and manage to overcome the travel and win 4 games on the trot☺️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well as the ladder stands and it looks like that's how it will stay (unless Brissie come out and reverse the first half) then it looks like the following presuming we keep winning:

Week 1 - WCE v Essendon @ Optus Stadium - win???
Week 2 - WCE v either Geelong or Collingwood @ the MCG - win??????
Week 3 - WCE v Western Bulldogs or Brisbane - either at the MCG or the Gabba - win??????
Week 4 - GF - WCE v Richmond or Geelong - obviously at the MCG.

Hard road to do this but what are people's thoughts should we get our mojo back!

Sometimes what the mind wants the body just doesn't deliver, whether that be through players playing sore or lack of desire or effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back