Review Finals Baby!!!! Look out Plastics...here we come! (Bulldogs 121 d Crows 87)

Remove this Banner Ad

We rightly gush over Bont's undefendable passes inside 50 and his poise with the ball in traffic but he doesn't shirk the hard work either. Another 10 tackles today. Nearest was Lipinski (an impressive 8) then a few with 4. No Crow had more than 6.

He can do it all.

100% best midfield in the competition for the next 5 years easy. Bont, Macrae, Dunkley, Hunter, Smith plus a few more we can run through there no older than 25!

Remarkable to know we are playing finals, never took at as a serious possibility until about 3 weeks ago when other teams started dropping off.

It's been 20 years since I've lived here that the Dogs have played in the Finals. Seems kind of strange, but nice. I might wear my member's scarf to physiotherapy tomorrow and decorate my walker in red, white and blue.

Today's first quarter was so satisfying. I can get used to winning.

Did what we had to do. I wonder if we slowed down in the second half on purpose? Though to the Crows credit, they lifted during the game
Felt like we eased up once 60-odd in front and fair enough really, no point getting injured once it was won.

The following people can watch us smash GWS in a elimination final in a fortnight and sit there and take it(in order of precedence):

Damian Barrett
Gary Lyon
Brad Scott
Tom Bugg
Chad Wingard

(Did I miss anyone?)

(My original list has been edited - you can work that one out for yourself)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did what we had to do. I wonder if we slowed down in the second half on purpose? Though to the Crows credit, they lifted during the game
Bit of both I think.

After the Crows kicked them 2 goals in the first quarter we just sort of lifted for small periods when we had to then backed right off. Played a really strong 6-7 minutes at the start of the last just to ice it completely then put the queue in the rack.

Went hard early every quarter to pile on the goals then coasted a bit late in the quarters. Was a great plan and worked a treat. Bailey Dale should’ve had a bag, love getting the ball into his hands and Schache too. Big games by Duryea and Smith, Lewis Young and Cordy great early, English brilliant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back