Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is the second consecutive game GWS did not score a goal after HT despite 4 quality players back including Kelly. Something is happening with them besides having no quality ruckman. Maybe players know that Coniglio is gone.

I just got back from Adelaide. Pies had a good game. Of course Eagles couldn't do me a favour. Geelong either lol But in the end, it's probably where we deserve to be after being s**t for a few months.

Brisbane exceeding everyone's expectations. Pretty crazy what they have achieved this year.

Sep 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Reading all this stuff about Fremantle is really interesting, and their issues behind the scenes. Feels like the Suns a few years ago.

But more recently the problems around list management relate to one man: Mark Micallef.
Appointed by Bell in December last year, the club was already searching for his replacement eight months later.
He was “totally ill-equipped” to be in the role, one rival list official at a non-West Australian club said.
Lyon was also understood to be unimpressed with Micallef’s abilities and frustrated he did not have more say in filling the role. Having worked at Essendon and Gold Coast before joining the Dockers, Bombers and Suns recruiters were shocked when they learned of Micallef’s appointment.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

You know what role he had at the Suns?
obviously list management but not a name I recognise.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
boy oh boy wowee
Get that contract in front of Jack the crows are imploding
960EF0E7-8F4F-4E0C-8089-C904598D7B29.jpeg

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Lions down 32-7

If they lose by 10 goals they will fall to 3rd and have to play Richmond again at the MCG
Everyone get on the Richmond train!
We need a better pick!

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
If the choice is between a northern club, even one who owes us a 1st round pick, and a big Melbourne club with inbuilt advantages like playing 7 straight games at home before finals, I am going north.

Especially the club that paid......nothing......to get Tom Lynch in the door. Nothing.

Also, does anybody remember the farce that was the entitled fans whinging from here to Winton about giving up pick 6 for Prestia and a 2nd rounder? Give me a break.

.....But most importantly, the difference between pick 14 and pick 18 is just not worth the bother.

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lions down 32-7

If they lose by 10 goals they will fall to 3rd and have to play Richmond again at the MCG
Everyone get on the Richmond train!
We need a better pick!

The whole situation with this game is too horrible for me. I do want Brisbane to fall apart and our pick improve but it’s bloody RICHmond and their fans and the lowlife triumvirate of bedwetters.
Think I’ll watch Canberra v Manly

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Can you imagine the scrutiny if Rayner played for us.
Has done s**t all this year in a team that is absolutely killing it.

18 goals and averaging 9 possessions playing exclusively forward in a top 4 team.

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Can you imagine the scrutiny if Rayner played for us.
Has done s**t all this year in a team that is absolutely killing it.

18 goals and averaging 9 possessions playing exclusively forward in a top 4 team.
Fagan and Dew clearly have different selection methodologies. If we have a player that's struggling for touch, Dew opts for the 'circuit breaker' to drop them and get them some touch.

Whereas Fagan opts to let them just stay in the 1s to try and get some touch back that way. As a result though, Rayner has just really struggled the whole year. Even against us he was only so-so.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Fagan and Dew clearly have different selection methodologies. If we have a player that's struggling for touch, Dew opts for the 'circuit breaker' to drop them and get them some touch.

Whereas Fagan opts to let them just stay in the 1s to try and get some touch back that way. As a result though, Rayner has just really struggled the whole year. Even against us he was only so-so.
It would not surprise me if Rayner turns out bust. He just does not work hard, looks lazy, came overweight from his first off-season, was the worst runner. Coming off-season will be telling.

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Nah want Richmond to win - nothing better than their fans get a big head then go down in straight sets and miss the prelims

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
It would not surprise me if Rayner turns out bust. He just does not work hard, looks lazy, came overweight from his first off-season, was the worst runner. Coming off-season will be telling.
I'm not sure about that. Still his second season and reportedly worked hard to get into really good shape this year. But he seems a bit off from becoming a midfielder yet. It took Dusty several years to get there too.

Jirik13

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I'm not sure about that. Still his second season and reportedly worked hard to get into really good shape this year. But he seems a bit off from becoming a midfielder yet. It took Dusty several years to get there too.
As I said this off-season will be telling. He is a great talent but even now he is not in great shape. He can't really pressure consistently. Huffing, puffing after a couple of runs.

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Definitely not willing to write hi off but yes.
You'd be wanting to see him making PB's and hungry to become an influential player for them.

Back