Game Day Richmond v Brisbane Lions Round 23 - 15:20 AEST, Aug 25, 2019 (No umpiring complaints during game)

TigerGlory

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 30, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bonbeach Sharks
Don’t care about playing at the Gabba. All expectation on Brisbane as the home finalist, Tigers have nothing to lose. And even if they do, we play the rest of the finals at the MCG anyway.

Don’t care about playing at the Gabba. All expectation on Brisbane as the home finalist, Tigers have nothing to lose. And even if they do, we play the rest of the finals at the MCG anyway.
Haha, nah. Brisbane finished 17th last year. You blew a chance at the flag. All the pressure is on Richmond.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Can see Richmond beating us at the GABBA (though it's a very different ground), but who is going to beat us the second time around at the GABBA to force us out in straight sets?

I could see WC doing it, but not any of the others unless we play more poorly than we have since the bye.

As to the game, Richmond were too good, but Brisbane have accomplished their objective of coming second. Outperformed most people's expectations of them by around 10 places or thereabouts (including mine). It's been a terrific season, even if we do bomb in the finals.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Was that the worst 50 disposal game ever?

Half were contested, 88 percent were effective and more than a quarter were clearances.

Add in 6 tackles, 24 pressure acts and 5 score involvements in a low scoring game... I think Lachie earned his pay.

It's probably okay to both enjoy your win and appreciate a great individual performance but Richmond supporters hey. Not the classiest bunch and tbh that's putting it pretty mildly.

It's ok to disagree without getting personal, it was a question try actually offering something in response.

Barely noticed neale all day just accumulated a lot without being damaging, wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get votes.

Gabba home final secured. All we needed today.

Given our horrid run with injury this year (Cutler, Brown, Black, Christensen and Tom Joyce) it's been awesome to make top two.

Once we have our best team out there we'll be much more competitive. Kept it even after Richmond jumped us in the first quarter.

Really have to find a way to stop Lids next time.

It's ok to disagree without getting personal, it was a question try actually offering something in response.

Barely noticed neale all day just accumulated a lot without being damaging, wouldn't surprise me if he didn't get votes.

Very let down by this opinion Sterge. Lachie Neale was BOG today by a mile. Did you see his supercoach score?

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Golden Knights
Yeah nothing wrong with this result from Brissy's perspective.wwould have preferred the win but if we got offered a hard fought contest with no injuries and no 63 point loss we'd take that every time.

Weird thing for randoms to be in here relishing.

dean33

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2007
melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Incredibly impressed with the Lions, very good side. The upside for this team over the next few years is enormous. Going to be a tough gig next week.
Nah next week will be easy, in 2 weeks however will be a bit tougher. In all seriousness though, lions impressed me as well and will be very tough up there. Still think we’ll beat them.

So you're a nuff and you're blind? Sorry to hear that. That's a rough combination.

Oct 21, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Denver Nuggets, Golden Knights
Not trolling mate, genuine question. Barely noticed him all day was not damaging at all.

Yeah look that reflects on you more than anything else.

He wasn't doing the flashy stuff but he was giving us first use of the ball and hitting all his targets. Not sure what else you expect of an inside midfielder.

Ahh well. We'll take a bit of pressure instead of 15th place. :thumbsu:
Good for you. Anyone would.

What a bizarre thing to say. Richmond supporters really do say the darndest things.

Back