Week 1 of Finals Tips and Crowd Expectations

Remove this Banner Ad

After last night can you blame us for not being confident? I'd be worried about Essendon at home even with NN. Optus isn't that much of a fortress. I'd only be confident playing GWS but that won't happen.
Nope. Cannot see west coast losing over there again.

Nope. Cannot see west coast losing over there again.

Yeah, like last year when we lost to the Dees in round 22 we decimated them in the PF. Tigers had the Pies measure in the season too, and got destroyed. Like they say, finals is like another season. Gotta be positive, no point being pessimistic now.

West Coast def by Essendon - 5pts 54K

Geelong def by Collingwood - 18pts 88K

GWS defeat Western Bulldogs - 19pts 17K

Brisbane defeat Richmond - 23pts 37K

West Coast 118-73 Essendon
Geelong 86-74 Collingwood
GWS 73-107 Western Bulldogs
Brisbane 76-97 Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Solid tank and MCG experience soak-up by Brisbane today. I'd certainly rather play Richmond at the Gabba than West Coast.

Richmond have never won a final outside Victoria (although luckily for them they wouldn't have to leave Victoria again in Weeks 2-4).
Mainly helped by us being absolutely s**t for most of the national era. We’ve played 2 of them and just been out of our depth in both.

Eagles have a s**t record against the Dons in Finals

1990 - Belted in the Prelim
1993 - Knocked out again in the semi, when they were the reigning champs
1995 - Lost in week 1 ( but not eliminated )
1996 - Smacked out in week 2 by 77 points
2002 - 1st round elimination

0-5

Not saying they're going to lose although that wouldn't surprise. Especially with Worsfold as coach. I just had to get that cool story out. Bro.

edited - All those games were in Melbourne though. First meeting in Perth in a final.

0-5

Not saying they're going to lose although that wouldn't surprise. Especially with Worsfold as coach. I just had to get that cool story out. Bro.

edited - All those games were in Melbourne though. First meeting in Perth in a final.
You mean the one that's already been mentioned a few times in this thread?

I always feel gloomy playing Essendon. I think this year will ultimately pan out like 2012, in that we'll end up winning well then fail to get over the line in Week 2 against a fellow contender. But Essendon being Essendon, they might have something cruel in store for us.

Geelong vs Collingwood 8 points (88,000)

Brisbane vs Richmond 6 points (36,000)

West Coast vs Essendon 22 points (70,000)

Greater Western Sydney vs Western Bulldogs 10 points (18,000)

0-5

Really don’t think that’ll count for much 29 years after the first time they met...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back