Preview Changes for the Elimination Final vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else think simpson had no idea in the press conference last night too. Nothing but nervous laughs and were in its

Anyone else think simpson had no idea in the press conference last night too. Nothing but nervous laughs and were in its

Surely he's known we were off the pace for a while. The signs were there in the majority of the matches this year. So many 1-2 quarter efforts all year. Got to wonder what he was doing to try and arrest that. Or were the coaching staff just backing players in ie. doing nothing?

Surely he's known we were off the pace for a while. The signs were there in the majority of the matches this year. So many 1-2 quarter efforts all year. Got to wonder what he was doing to try and arrest that. Or were the coaching staff just backing players in ie. doing nothing?
Off the pace for a while?

We lost to Richmond by a kick.

My gut feeling it may be the latter as have heard Simmo say on numerous occasions that he backs the players in, if hoping they can find their top form. Even with Barrass who has had 2-3 stinkers Simmo says he will back him in, so there's no chance that he may be dropped. Did hear that last night he injured a finger and was off the ground getting treatment for awhile. May explain that sitter that he droppeda as that may have been when the injury occurred.

There's a reason B2B is so rare, but I thought our momentum coming off a flag, proving the doubters wrong & playing in front of 50k every 2nd week at a new home would get us up for another tilt.

When we needed our best efforts in recent close losses, our mental and physical application haven't been at 2018 finals levels. We've been exposed this year, rarely looked dominant for more than a quarter or two and haven't found a way to win against well-coached sides.

Wouldn't be surprised if an early finals exit helped us recharge for next year, though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game. Gaff and Shep tried their guts out. Shep hit hard twice because he runs right through the ball. Too many of our players shirked or weren't hard enough. Reeked of not wanting to get injured before finals. Very frustrating to watch.

I still think we can give it a good shake, and even next year we will be there. Big shame about Venables. Could have used this season as a base to get into the midfield next year. A year behind now.

Off the pace for a while?

We lost to Richmond by a kick.

We’ve barely played more than 1-2 quarters of decent footy per match. Probably the only 4 quarter effort was the derby win. So yes, we have been off the pace for a while.

Don't think Petch's footy is going to stand up to finals scrutiny. Physical contact easily puts him off the ball and doesn't know when to use his speed yet.
If we are going to choos a small forward to replace him it is simply Cameron due to defensive pressure in finals.

Im a Nelson fan but I agree with Schoey being back in and im torn between The Panda getting dropped or Nelson and am leaning towards Nelson.

Waterman unlucky. Although scrutiny should be mounting on JK's position in the team and Waterman stays if JK goes out and OAllen moves forward and NN rucks with Hickey.

But the major issue with this team is between the ears. No amount of shuffling is going to cover Shuey playing bog average, JK's end appearing at lightning speed Hurn being out of form Barrass being out of form and shitting the bed often. Basically down across the ground in many areas and seem to only right it for 5 minute bursts here and there.

Yeah i hope they turn it around. The week off should help. But they seem a lost bunch this year

We’ve barely played more than 1-2 quarters of decent footy per match. Probably the only 4 quarter effort was the derby win. So yes, we have been off the pace for a while.
Had a 5 or 6 goal lead but played 2 shockers and 1 ok qtr after that. Essendon will be raging for a finals win also

There's a reason B2B is so rare, but I thought our momentum coming off a flag, proving the doubters wrong & playing in front of 50k every 2nd week at a new home would get us up for another tilt.

When we needed our best efforts in recent close losses, our mental and physical application haven't been at 2018 finals levels. We've been exposed this year, rarely looked dominant for more than a quarter or two and haven't found a way to win against well-coached sides.

Wouldn't be surprised if an early finals exit helped us recharge for next year, though.

I hope so. For me it’s not losing but the way we’ve lost. A lot of it boils down to work rate and effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back