Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange win, felt in general play the Lions shared it around much better than us but didn't seem to work our defence out. We at times were quite clunky moving it forward but found ways to score.

Where we need to improve is when we do have momentum we have to stop the over use of the ball inside 50. Too many times we stuffed it up with an extra kick or handball that wasn't required.

All in all a good win, mission accomplished making the top 4 and plenty of improvement left in us. Both teams appeared a little flat after their respective games last week which was to be expected.
Nailed it. Bravo

Awesome job to finish top 4 with the year we have had injury wise. Absolutely stoked. We have beaten 5 of the top 8 as well.
The game was very frustrating. It should have been over by halftime. We over used the pill big time. The umpiring was a disgrace. That’s all i have to say on that. Having said that, the lions played some good footy.
Out: Balta
In: Nankervis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nank would be a huge risk unless he plays vfl and absolutely dominates. Soldos progression from a bloke lost in the vfl 2s to dominating seasoned ruckman in Martin and Hickey is amazing. He's also realised that most players can't * with him unless they want to be hurt. Loved his aggression today.

In two weeks we get to welcome Brisbane back to the finals. Remember 2001 when they smashed us by 11 goals in a prelim and went on to win the next three flags? Time for revenge.

Balta isnt ready, his ruck work was good but just a passenger most of the game. Nank comes in for him. Imagine that will be the only change.

I am expecting we will up the ante a little in two weeks. We played well enough to win, and the Lions fought back and did enough to look like they could maybe match it with us. I am glad they fought back because we got a good look at what they can do. Will they cope with the heat of finals football against a battle hardened Richmond? Can't wait to find out but I am betting its on Saturday night which sucks for me because I am playing a gig :'(:'(:'(

Bears were averaging 93 points a game. Holding them to 55 shows a next level defensive gameplan. Loving our gameplan at the moment - hold teams to about 9 goals and win by five or so. So consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back