Review Finals Baby!!!! Look out Plastics...here we come! (Bulldogs 121 d Crows 87)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankful that we won comfortably, heart was pumping after the first quarter blitz. Loved Dale kissing his jumper.

Well done by all supporters who went to the game, would have been a great day for you all :)

Well done Dogs!

Now the real stuff starts.

Bailey Dale has been a revelation and a big factor in our upsurge

8 scoring shots today, and lloyd always has 3 or 4 scoring shots a game too.

I wonder how bad Tory's injury is. Good on West for making teh most of his opportunities, but with finals coming up, Im backing Dicko.

Disagree. He lost way too many 1vs1 contests as usual. There's a reason he has one of the worst 1on1 contested win% in the comp.

Cordy losses %40 of his 1on1's.
Young losses %16 of his 1on1's.
Trengove losses %17 of his 1on1's.

I'd be much more confident if Trengove came in for Cordy for finals.

So where does Cordy go from here? Maybe a special pre season to build core strength? Top sides can't have a defender that loses 40%.

Zaine can really struggle when it's just a one on one contest. Obviously Trengove is far better - in that particular facet - and on a small sample size Young looks to be more capable handling himself 1 on 1 too. It's not just about getting outmuscled either, Zaine has a habit of poorly judging the incoming ball when defending someone 1 on 1 as well.

But on the other hand Zaine is a fair bit more mobile than Trengove, and in the role of playing help team defense and killing balls in the air (Which is what we base our defensive efforts on; minimising 1v1s as much as possible and getting as much help in as we can to try to force a turnover or a stoppage which our elite mids can then handle) he goes well.

It's a tough call. But Cordy will likely be safe, played every game this season, was in our premiership team, and the fact that the MC keeps him in every week suggests he does his given role well even if we fans get annoyed by his weaknesses, particularly when he loses those contests. Frustrating to watch when it happens, and I've been critical of him at times, but our defense tries to avoid as many 1v1 contests where possible and when Cordy gets isolated against an opponent it might mean something's gone wrong somewhere else on the ground.

Of course we could have both in, and then either Young becomes very unlucky, or we go one player taller than Bev usally does and, say for example Hayes is dropped in exchange for Trengove (extremely doubtful this happens).

it took a while to get the wheel back turning. a lot of teeth were gritted. a lot of butt cheeks were clenched. we all shifted in our seats for 2.5 seasons as we struggled to understand what happened to Bevo's honest, and innovative footy teams.

now we have something to show for a tough time. once again, it's come in brilliant, awe-inspiring fashion.

it seems as though we've corrected some of the cultural issues we had and are now back on a fun journey of honest and exciting footy.

whatever happens from here, i'll be fine with it. this has been a brilliant season. my second favourite as a dogs fan. coming from 4-7 to storm back into the finals is an epic effort. winning our last three to make it also just fantastic. the unification i felt with the doggies family on the highway back with all those scarves was a thing of beauty.

epic work hurting teams from stoppages. English really has come on this year.

Bont and Macrae in the fourth were pretty much having an on-field argument about who was BOG. these two and Dunks were not going to let us miss finals.

Doc was excellent. did good things all day. Suckers and Croz were brilliant too back there and JJ was out on his skates. Didn't use it well but he keeps pressure off of us when he's winning the ball back so often.

today was a good example of our efficient our forwards have gotten working together. Dale, Naughton, Lipinski and Lloyd all just know how to sock a goal.

Schache is one i find so interesting. He is so soft and never sticks his marks. but he's there working all day despite his weaknesses. Being involved and he can use the ball well and loves a snag for himself. proud of him despite his flaws. similar with Young up the other end.

I rated Cordy. A lot of Tex's goals had ugly turnovers up the ground more directly related to them. i can cop it. Cordy was strong upfield on Walker and prevented him hurting us and breaking open play. Reckon people are being harsh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t see the game , can some of you BF experts please give me a report on :
West
English
Smith
Lipinski

Cordy Trengrove Young
Doesn't matter
Why do we need to choose.
Horses for coarses
Me thinks
A lot of ground ball Cordy can get that
Trenners as somene calls him wouldn't get.
And highballs or one on one's that suit Trengrove.
The coaches realize this .Thats why we are playing finals.
They dont need to be sensatized to someones opinion.
Nobody must play.
Many factors the coaches consider l reckon.

Zaine can really struggle when it's just a one on one contest. Obviously Trengove is far better - in that particular facet - and on a small sample size Young looks to be more capable handling himself 1 on 1 too. It's not just about getting outmuscled either, Zaine has a habit of poorly judging the incoming ball when defending someone 1 on 1 as well.

But on the other hand Zaine is a fair bit more mobile than Trengove, and in the role of playing help team defense and killing balls in the air (Which is what we base our defensive efforts on; minimising 1v1s as much as possible and getting as much help in as we can to try to force a turnover or a stoppage which our elite mids can then handle) he goes well.

It's a tough call. But Cordy will likely be safe, played every game this season, was in our premiership team, and the fact that the MC keeps him in every week suggests he does his given role well even if we fans get annoyed by his weaknesses, particularly when he loses those contests. Frustrating to watch when it happens, and I've been critical of him at times, but our defense tries to avoid as many 1v1 contests where possible and when Cordy gets isolated against an opponent it might mean something's gone wrong somewhere else on the ground.

Of course we could have both in, and then either Young becomes very unlucky, or we go one player taller than Bev usally does and, say for example Hayes is dropped in exchange for Trengove (extremely doubtful this happens).

Agree.
Although they have a few talls, nearly all of GWS fwd line are mobile. It could be reason enough for Trenners to miss out and Young and Cordy remain our “ key backs “.
I’ve got no idea what the better set up is but hopefully we nail it and Cameron and co don’t get on top.

Didn’t see the game , can some of you BF experts please give me a report on :
West
English
Smith
Lipinski
West: Looked like a natural at the level, kicked a goal and was important in our early dominance of the game in applying forward pressure. Going to be great for us.

English: Was jumping all over Jacobs in the centre bounces but got out-muscled in around the ground taps. Took a couple of important contested marks around the ground and once lead out from full forward to mark and goal in the second half while resting forward. Overall a good game, was part of our early midfield dominance.

Smith: Great game, 10 contested disposals only behind Macrae/Bont/Dunkley which is no shame. Made some really important short passes and was a great link player through the middle of the ground. Busted through at least 3 tackles that I saw first-hand, and he is only going to get more beast-like in that regard.

Lipinski: 8 tackles only behind Bont (10) which is no shame and 2 goals. Spent more time camped in F50 this week and not as much time in the guts. Made a couple of really classy passes to Bailey Dale which gave the defender no chance of even being in the frame for a spoil.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back