Oppo Camp Non Eagles AFL discussion thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it work out better for Collingwood? On Friday night at 3/4 time they're losing and expect to finish 5th. Come back and win then need 1 of Richmond or WC to lose to jump ahead of them. Only 1 of them loses so they finish 4th and get an away final at mcg.....

Could it work out better for Collingwood? On Friday night at 3/4 time they're losing and expect to finish 5th. Come back and win then need 1 of Richmond or WC to lose to jump ahead of them. Only 1 of them loses so they finish 4th and get an away final at mcg.....
Yep.

Opposite to our weekend.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

4 premierships and 7 GFs is an awesome record in 32 years.

It’s a bloody tough comp to win. We did much better than everyone expected last year. This year we’re not as good as we’d like. Back to back is incredibly difficult.
Few key players fired last year misfired this year. Willie, JK, Redden, Hurn. Didn't beat anyone in the top 3 and generally not good across 4 qtrs. Regroup go hard for the Elim. If nothing comes off, take a break and come back for an early preseason, start again. At least the expectation will be lifted somewhat next season and we can all hopefully enjoy the games.

We’ve won the second most flags in the comp since we joined and people are melting that we’re mediocre

* me, the lack of perspective on here is hysterical sometimes. 16 teams would trade anything for our ‘mediocrity’ over the past 30 years.

We’ve won the second most flags in the comp since we joined and people are melting that we’re mediocre

fu** me, the lack of perspective on here is hysterical sometimes. 16 teams would trade anything for our ‘mediocrity’ over the past 30 years.
You can't argue that we did 95 percent of the work to give B2B a red hot shake and have thrown it all away with a couple of limp performances.

I can understand folks feeling pretty flat and disappointed today.

Doesn't mean I won't be cheering my ass off and hoping for miracles all through the finals.

You can't argue that we did 95 percent of the work to give B2B a red hot shake and have thrown it all away with a couple of limp performances.

Doesn't mean I won't be cheering my ass off and hoping for miracles all through the finals.

I can’t begrudge anyone feeling flat, we have wasted a season where we had a chance to do something special. Maybe it’s not mathematically over but the next gear we’ve all been waiting on hasn’t arrived yet, so doubtful it arrives come finals. 2019 looks far more off than on.

For people to not be able to seperate that disappointment this year from Eagles history, or using it to somehow tarnish last year and say we fluked a flag? Or to argue that a flag every eight years is mediocre, or the second most flags in the comp is in some way a disappointment? Staggering lack of perspective from some people.

Hoping for a miracle, cheering my ass off through finals, but if/when it comes to an end, it doesn’t reduce our remarkable accomplishments to mediocrity just because we’re all having a shitty weekend right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on our form this year making the second week of finals is about what I'd expect. Of course not ideal considering what happened last year but hopefully we can beat Essendon in two weeks and give the fans something to cheer, because I cannot imagine we'd make a GF with what we've seen so far.

Seemed like we already had eyes on the finals after matching it with Richmond and with the news about Nic, got ahead of ourselves and forgot to wrap up top 4. Worst part is going to be getting through 2 weeks feeling flat as heck.

Few key players fired last year misfired this year. Willie, JK, Redden, Hurn. Didn't beat anyone in the top 3 and generally not good across 4 qtrs. Regroup go hard for the Elim. If nothing comes off, take a break and come back for an early preseason, start again. At least the expectation will be lifted somewhat next season and we can all hopefully enjoy the games.
Umm, if you think Rioli has misfired this year then you have rocks in your head. If any of our small forwards has misfired its Ryan. Needs to spend whole pre-season working on his set shots.

fu** me, the lack of perspective on here is hysterical sometimes. 16 teams would trade anything for our ‘mediocrity’ over the past 30 years.
Careful mate, you don't won't to be applying logic and be positive about us.

Better to pot the coach and the players.

Umm, if you think Rioli has misfired this year then you have rocks in your head. If any of our small forwards has misfired its Ryan. Needs to spend whole pre-season working on his set shots.
Opps one player, fair play. Glad Im not putting too much time into this this year. Work taking over time over the internet.

I can’t begrudge anyone feeling flat, we have wasted a season where we had a chance to do something special. Maybe it’s not mathematically over but the next gear we’ve all been waiting on hasn’t arrived yet, so doubtful it arrives come finals. 2019 looks far more off than on.

For people to not be able to seperate that disappointment this year from Eagles history, or using it to somehow tarnish last year and say we fluked a flag? Or to argue that a flag every eight years is mediocre, or the second most flags in the comp is in some way a disappointment? Staggering lack of perspective from some people.

Hoping for a miracle, cheering my ass off through finals, but if/when it comes to an end, it doesn’t reduce our remarkable accomplishments to mediocrity just because we’re all having a s**tty weekend right now.

Sure there are posters that are too negative but the fact that the Eagles have greatly disappointed this year. Multiple chances to get a break (Sydney game, 2nd Collingwood game and this week) where we were favourites and let it slip. We have failled almost every major test this year (1st game against Collingwood the exception) and gotten a decent amount a luck that we couldn't capitalise on.

2018 was great but 2018 is over.

We get judged on the most recent work maybe the players forgot that too.

We are a club that celebrates success not failure.

Don’t do it to yourself mate, it’s over.

I am a very positive person and I am positive it’s over.
Don't you know it's never over until the fat lady sings! Mind you in saying that I'm not holding my breath - being realistic we could win both weeks 1and 2 with a bit of luck but cant seeing us win week 3 which means we don't make the GF as that week could be playing Brisbane at the Gabba.

Don't you know it's never over until the fat lady sings! Mind you in saying that I'm not holding my breath - being realistic we could win both weeks 1and 2 with a bit of luck but cant seeing us win week 3 which means we don't make the GF as that week could be playing Brisbane at the Gabba.

Should beat Essendon week 1 of the finals.

Then be on serious alert :

Thats our fate unless the team can grow :

Last edited:
I was absolutely pissed off, gutted, angry at the players for how they let top 4 slip but call me ******* crazy, but im optimistic we can still win it.

This team has shown patches of absolute brilliance, and that brilliance is better than anyone in the comp.

We came from 5 goals down to win it in the last 2 mins of the granny. This team has the belief, maybe they were waiting for the real season to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back