Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who writes the material for AFL.com.au... Dimma needs a lachie Neale plan... I'm happy to let him have 50 touches again if it means we win in a canter. Neale is a gun but if dusty was to have 50 touches we win by 200 points. I need to give a mention to Caddy today, not sure any of us thought he had it in him to play such a selfless role but he is getting better every week, I've always been a fan of the role Kmac has played but caddy is now an upgrade due to his superior composure and ball use.
I thought caddy did a good job today as well. He plays pretty tall and his defensive efforts were impressive.
Kmac is gunna cover more ground, more quickly though which will help during transition. I’d like to think he comes back into the side- lions are pretty physical. Kamdyn rarely gets out-physicalised.

Our smalls we’re shocking today. George, Rioli and Bolton lift and learn to kick straight ffs.
Don’t think there’s been a game this year where it just all clicked between the smalls, I wouldn’t be dropping any of them now though, I’ll back them in for finals

Cheers
Brisbane like it rough don’t they. They really drove some players into the ground today whenever they had the chance. And some tackles aggressively followed through with even when the tackler knew the ball had spilled out. Hope we give it back to them next time.

Has been noticeable since Hodge went there.
Hodge has always been a rough player.
Still remember when he crushed Wingard into the point post.

For the first time I now think we need to go with Nank and Ivan.
Ivy offered more around the ground than Balta.
Only change would be Balta for Nank.

Good game from Caddy. Glad to see him hit some form before finals.
TLynch won’t play like that in 2 weeks.
Imo we can only improve from today. I feel like they played their best.
Our defence is just so much better than their forward line. I can’t see them kicking a winning score against us

For the first time I now think we need to go with Nank and Ivan.
Ivy offered more around the ground than Balta.
Only change would be Balta for Nank.

Good game from Caddy. Glad to see him hit some form before finals.
TLynch won’t play like that in 2 weeks.
Imo we can only improve from today. I feel like they played their best.
Our defence is just so much better than their forward line. I can’t see them kicking a winning score against us
Not confident nank will be fit , hope he is

Don’t think there’s been a game this year where it just all clicked between the smalls, I wouldn’t be dropping any of them now though, I’ll back them in for finals
Yer id leave them all in.
It can click for Bolton and he could kick 6. We can’t leave him out imo. Still offers more than Butler with his around the ground work

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nank comes in. Him and soldo can co exist. He can play forward just as well as Balta or chol
I don't think you can have Lynch, Riewoldt, Nank in the same forward line.

Chol is a lot more mobile, can tackle and is decent with ground level ball

I thought caddy did a good job today as well. He plays pretty tall and his defensive efforts were impressive.
Kmac is gunna cover more ground, more quickly though which will help during transition. I’d like to think he comes back into the side- lions are pretty physical. Kamdyn rarely gets out-physicalised.

Caddy was very good paying Griggs old role , he was the go to man as we rebounded out of def 50 , he ain’t being dropped. Bolton was quiet as a mouse , could come under selection scrutiny

Cheers
Brisbane like it rough don’t they. They really drove some players into the ground today whenever they had the chance. And some tackles aggressively followed through with even when the tackler knew the ball had spilled out. Hope we give it back to them next time.
Has been noticeable since Hodge went there.
Hodge has always been a rough player.
Still remember when he crushed Wingard into the point post.

Cotch has been trending that way for a few years now too so hopefully the other players follow his lead a bit. Gotta give it back.

Not sure what more we could do other than win. We were never going to win by 64 points against a much improved Brisbane side.

If we are good enough we will win in brisbane and I think we are good enough too.

A special game by Vlaustin today and I thought Soldo was pretty good also. Just wish he tapped to advantage a bit more. Maybe we just needed someone to get it too as it seemed Brissy players k ew where it was going and snarled it.

Short and Shai both need to lift if they want to hold their spots. Shai is a little bit of a show pony and he needs to get that out of his game. He needs to be a team player and stop trying to do the spectacular things. He has talent but he doesn’t do himself or anyone else any favours when he tries to do that special thing. He usually comes unstuck and it’s not a good look either.

Overall, we did what we needed to do - win and get the double chance. Well done Tigers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back