Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Melbourne Victory
QUALIFYING AND ELIMINATION FINALS

Thursday, September 5

West Coast v Essendon (OS) (N)

Friday, September 6
Geelong v Collingwood (MCG) (N)

Saturday, September 7
Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs (GIA)
Brisbane Lions v Richmond (GABBA) (N)

SEMI FINALS

Friday, September 13

Geelong v West Coast (MCG) (N)

Saturday, September 14
Brisbane Lions v Greater Western Sydney (GABBA) (N)

PRELIMINARY FINALS

Friday, September 20

Richmond v Geelong (MCG) (N)

Saturday, September 21
Collingwood v Greater Western Sydney (MCG) (T)

GRAND FINAL

Saturday, September 28

Richmond v Greater Western Sydney (MCG)

Last edited:
Predictions for Week 1:

Fairly self explanatory, although it would be nice (and it would work too) if Essendon, the Dogs and Richmond wore coloured shorts

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Predictions for Week 1:

View attachment 733618 View attachment 733619

View attachment 733620 View attachment 733622

View attachment 733623 View attachment 733624

View attachment 733625 View attachment 733626

Fairly self explanatory, although it would be nice (and it would work too) if Richmond, Essendon and the Dogs wore coloured shorts
I agree with your sentiments. Sadly the AFL has gone full 'white shorts rule' in 2019.

Edit: just realised this would mean that Geelong would be in their home shorts against Collingwood in white. But I really can't see that happening.

I agree with your sentiments. Sadly the AFL has gone full 'white shorts rule' in 2019.

Edit: just realised this would mean that Geelong would be in their home shorts against Collingwood in white. But I really can't see that happening.

I think for finals the AFL will put the foot down and say 'nup, you're wearing white'. Which I'm okay with, as I said in another thread, I'm happy for us to wear white shorts every week

Because there's technically no 'home' team in finals, the AFL has full control over uniforms

I personally would love to see the Cats in blue shorts vs an all-white Pies. Anyone got a photo of how it looks? Last time I can remember the Cats wearing blue shorts was back in 2007 against the Pies, but they had their black home strip on.

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
They should be in home in any game as they'll either be playing a no-clash team or playing GWS and higher-ranked.
All Finals should be in home unless there is a clash. No away jumpers.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Fairly self explanatory, although it would be nice (and it would work too) if Richmond, Essendon and the Dogs wore coloured shorts

What is it with this board and coloured shorts? I never hear anyone else want teams to be wearing yellow, orange or red shorts(Sydney and GC excluded) but here.

Essendon did try bringing them back in 2007 and again in 2012 but they didn't look very good and clearly weren't well received as they were dropped almost instantly. They would only really be useful against Collingwood and St Kilda, I don't see why they would be any better than white against West Coast.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
They should be in home in any game as they'll either be playing a no-clash team or playing GWS and higher-ranked.
All Finals should be in home unless there is a clash. No away jumpers.
But is their preferred jumper in Melbourne red, or maroon?

Thinking about the Eagles wearing wings in GFs because (clash permitting) that was what they wore interstate

Another question is whether they have/can get red or blue shorts to match the jumper.

What is it with this board and coloured shorts? I never hear anyone else want teams to be wearing yellow, orange or red shorts(Sydney and GC excluded) but here.

Essendon did try bringing them back in 2007 and again in 2012 but they didn't look very good and clearly weren't well received as they were dropped almost instantly. They would only really be useful against Collingwood and St Kilda, I don't see why they would be any better than white against West Coast.

By coloured I meant black, black and royal, rather than white

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Nov 20, 2011
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth
Brisbane wore their "Fitzroy" jumper in one of the last finals they played vs the Bulldogs. Paddle Pop era if I'm not mistaken.

I suspect if they make the GF as the home team they'll obviously go full home, but if they make the GF as the away team, then either home with white shorts or "Fitzroy jumper"

Back