Resource Plastics vs Dogs, our northern homeground 3:20pm Sat -travel n tix thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the name of the bar near the ground where all the doggies supporters took over in 2016? Would love to take it over again! Woof
The bar was "The WHOLE Western Suburbs of Sydney (AND cbd)" however I think it was BACAR. Post game in Netown Sydney, this huge Maori bouncer came up to me in a bar queue and stared down at me with my Dogs scarf and said - "eh bro, you kick em Giants?". After I said yes it was ... "ahh sweet as - in you go"

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I don’t have a membership this year due to extensive travel. What’s the likelihood of getting tickets as a regular punter?

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Should have done the up and back trip. I booked sat morning til Monday. I hate the place.

Basking in our victory the day before, do the Bondi to Coogee walk on Sunday. Spectacular.

You'll love the place.

Or grab an Opal card, charge 10 bucks on it and take the ferry to Manly on Sunday. Time your return for the night. Best $2.50 you will ever spend.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
Nah, just did it myself from the hotel website.

Looks like the folks in Sydney haven't cottoned on yet that there are a bunch of visitors coming to the Olympic Park precinct on that particular weekend. I strongly advise others to get their accommodation booked in before they do.

Had to check old credit card info but definitely paid almost exactly double for accommodation last time in the same hotel.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I don’t have a membership this year due to extensive travel. What’s the likelihood of getting tickets as a regular punter?
First week of the finals don't usually sell out before they go open to the public. GWS only have 6 real members so unless 25k Bulldog supporters buy up all the tickets in the first 2 days, you should be right mate. Gets more risky for each subsequent week of the finals, but week 1 should be fine.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Basking in our victory the day before, do the Bondi to Coogee walk on Sunday. Spectacular.

You'll love the place.

Or grab an Opal card, charge 10 bucks on it and take the ferry to Manly on Sunday. Time your return for the night. Best $2.50 you will ever spend.
I only did half of the Bondi walk last time I was there because the rest of my family wanted wanted to go home. Can recommend though from what I saw.
We caught the ferry to Rose Bay rather than Manly and had spent the day walking between there and Bondi before the rest of my troops bailed halfway along on the cliff walk.

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I only did half of the Bondi walk last time I was there because the rest of my family wanted wanted to go home. Can recommend though from what I saw.
We caught the ferry to Rose Bay rather than Manly and had spent the day walking between there and Bondi before the rest of my troops bailed halfway along on the cliff walk.

Enjoy that?

I live a few minutes from one of the bays of the harbour. Always great to walk around the water, especially at night.

rapidshave

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liverpool, Steelers
AFL.com.au saying tickets on sale Thursday. 9am-1pm for Club members and 2pm for General Public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back