Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upside, when lynch has a tough day at the office up jumps jack.
Upside, did we look amazing in the first quarter.
Upside, dusty on fire, Prestia, vlaus and grimes.
Upside, cotch finally getting match fit.
Upside, baker looking the goods
Downside, Rioli can not punish, mind not in the game and hams up the ball, not winning any 50/50s.
Downside, we could’ve buried them in the second and we got too cute at times.
Downside, Balta didn’t have the impact that we were hoping. Don’t think he stays.
Downside, we didn’t win by 70 but considering where we came from early this year it’s an awesome win 👏.
Upside, won by nearly five goals.

Geez, not a single tackle inside 50 for us today, that HAS to change in finals. Lost every stat but somehow won by 27 points
that's shocking...where were the role players to provide our famed fw pressure ? it's finals like footy , dial UP the pressure would have thought.

I got a pretty decent view of the ground up on level 4. To the lions credit they really set up well behind the ball and at stoppages. When they won it back the likes of Hodge pulled the trigger through the corridor really well. I thought their use by foot was probably a bit better than ours.

Their tackling was also really good, it looks like they've been trained by rugby players as a few of them came in really low and lifted us in the tackle rugby style.

Typically our style beats the opposition but this case the difference was probably acts of brilliance from our senior guys.

Grimes and Cotch will be better for it and Nank.
You'd hope we go into the game against them pretty confident. Should be a beauty. I'd be tempted to bring in Ross for Bolton but then again, their midfield pace was an issue for us at times.

Airlines are a bunch of ******* blood sucking parasites.
Just put their flights to Brisbane up an extra $100 each way, compared to any other Saturday.
Bloody disgrace.
:mad::mad:

Last week the Eagles jumped the Tiges by 24pts in the first qtr, the Tiges ground them down, regained the lead and won by 7

This week the Tiges jumped the Lions by 25pts in the first but they were unable to make ground and eventually lost by 27.

Putting aside the CH7 views that it was a morale victory to the Lions, it wasn't.

Airlines are a bunch of ******* blood sucking parasites.
Just put their flights to Brisbane up an extra $100 each way, compared to any other Saturday.
Bloody disgrace.
:mad::mad:
Look at flights to Syd and the from Syd to Brisbane, might be cheaper. That's what I did when we played the Power in that elimination final, flight to Sydney and then to Adelaide, saved a fair bit of cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton needs to be more of a team player too often he gets hungry and just doesn’t even bother looking inside or out

Bolton
Balta
Short

And potentially graham on the bubble of being in the team or not

First of all, great win. Meatball good again, Duz highly influential and Grimes still the best defender in the game. Bit of upside still with Ellis, Cotch and Balta all having little impact. Shorts numbers were good but thought he butchered it. Must say, I loved Brisbane’s tactic of tackling our players once they took a mark even though they weren’t in the contest. Very cunning. We love to move it fast so they just tacked us illegally to slow us down. What happened to this being an automatic 50m penalty? Also, didn’t realise that you can be given advantage when you are due a 50m penalty... never seen that before either. Then there was the free against Lynch.... WTF is wrong with umpires lately. Was Lynch supposed to just let the defender take prime position? Seriously...

GIF doesn't do it justice. He came from a long way in a short time to make that spoil.

Bolton needs to be more of a team player too often he gets hungry and just doesn’t even bother looking inside or out

Bolton
Balta
Short

And potentially graham on the bubble of being in the team or not

In general you're not wrong but this comment is way out of place based on todays game.

Lynch had a shocker but his team mates today really didn't help him out. Even dusty at one point had the opportunity to launch it to him out the back and decided to do a silly handball. Probably 4 or 5 times we had the chance to go long to him quick and we didn't take it.

Lynch had a shocker but his team mates today really didn't help him out. Even dusty at one point had the opportunity to launch it to him out the back and decided to do a silly handball. Probably 4 or 5 times we had the chance to go long to him quick and we didn't take it.
Yeah was a rough day for him but feel it just didn’t go his way a lot of the time compared to him actually being poor, it happens. I expect him to lift for his first ever final, played at the Gabba a fair few times too

Brisbane threw their best punches and still fell well short. 22 scoring shots to 15.

Neale won't get 51 touches again
Brisbane won't dominate the clearances again.
Our small forwards won't have 0 tackles in the forward 50 again
Cotchin will play more midfield minutes
Lynch won't be kept that quiet again.

One things certain Grimes will make Cameron his bitch again.

Brisbane players will be like deers in headlights come finals. First finals in how long? They will crumble like Apple pie. Seriously best result for us was getting this mob 1st week of the finals. They will be out straight sets.

Sideways, backwards, runaroundbehinds, anywhere but forwards. Was the same at the Dockers. Probably win the Brownlow for it.

Cotch 20 valuable go forward possies per game. We'll take the wins thanks.

Why not. Worked for Tom Mitchell last year...

Broad’s best game for the year. Gee I am glad Lynch is in our team. Even when he does not kick goals, it does not matter. Oppo have to respect our forwards and it kills their intercept game.
Ivan is going to be a top line ruck in 2 years time.
Vlaustin should be made captain next year.
I agree. Thought he was huge. Got a vote from me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back