Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Lions set up behind the ball at stoppages was very similar to pies I thought. Reckon we would’ve gotten a fair bit out of today as we got a good look at their ball movement from a dominant midfield position. Overall we held our shape well and didn’t let them get through us too easily too many times.

Can’t wait for the vfl game next week to see who (if anyone) puts their hand up. Definitely feel the side isn’t set in stone yet but spots and time is running out. Balta definitely won’t survive and will make way for Nank or Chol. Think Bolton and Short are most vulnerable. Everyone else seems to have cemented their spot

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Bolton needs to be more of a team player too often he gets hungry and just doesn’t even bother looking inside or out

Bolton
Balta
Short

And potentially graham on the bubble of being in the team or not
Graham? He was good!

Never has and never will, have we even tried it?

I can't recall us ever using that combo before?

And Stef Martin has lost a LOT of his athleticism. So I wouldn't be against it. Soldo V Martin and Nank V McInerney. Solid match ups.

For once I am not drunk on game day, but hear me out: Soldo simply has to play from now on. I would play him and Nank together. He cannot be dropped.

Pretty sure I saw you on the train on the way home, mate. The 6.40 from Southern Cross. Were you in the front carriage, sipping out of a drink bottle?

Jono_Hain97

All Australian
Dec 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Toast- this team. After round 13 it looked like top four was impossible. Every game from then Onwards was an elimination final and we literally had to win all our remaining games to secure the double chance. We were able to do this which was a phenomenal effort. Apart from the west coast game, we never looked in danger of losing any of our last 9 matches. For this Richmond deserve to be immensely congratulated. Especially in a season where we were cruelled by injuries!

Roast- Junk time goals and the impact this had on our percentage. In almost all of our losses we got blown away due to conceding goals late when the match was over. Similarly when we had games won, we often took our foot off the pedal, and gave up multiple goals, when the result was beyond doubt. This meant that that our percentage was quite ordinary compared to every other top four side and it probably cost us a home qualifying final given that Brisbane finished only 3 percent above us.

Changes- No change. We beat Brisbane comfortably with the team we put out there today. Why mess with a winning lineup?

Last edited:
Also, for those criticising our lack of forward tackles. We average 12 marks inside 50 per game.

We had 10 to half time. The reason we weren't tackling inaide our forward 50 was because we were marking the ball.

SA Tiger RVZ

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2018
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Manchester City
Sorry guys but I've been to the MB (for a laugh) and we are no chance because Brisbane tanked today, we can't play away from the G, we've never won an interstate final and Brisbane have never lost a final at the GABBA. I might have to get the s**t they are on sounds like good s**t.

Defibrillate

Team Captain
Sep 7, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
The only concern I have player wise for today is Short. Again, I think he has been shown to be suspect under real pressure. Butchered the ball and some really ugly turnovers. I don’t know if he has the temperament or poise to make decisions under pressure - and he was abject in finals last year. It’s unlucky with Stack’s injury but I can’t think of an adequate replacement....... The defence overall solid but he is a real concern and his performance must be a worry to the MC.

But as said above - phenomenal effort to finish top 4 with so many injuries and so few players playing every game. Don’t forget to stop and smell the roses folks - the team has done bloody well to keep focussed, “up” and enjoying their footy. Credit to the whole club.

aislegi

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Can you please provide a Jane Bunn image?

image.png

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
Even if it's not at PRO but somewhere inside and big enough for a thousand or so Tigers supporters. Are the club considering it ?
Live site at the MCG with the match on the scoreboards. We will fill it out with 100k tiges supporters and they will hear us from Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Amazing we had only one player in the top 7 players for match ratings? Just goes to show something about numbers and how they’re negated by a team effort, showed how advanced is our game plan is and how disciplined are our players are at playing it.

Dusty had huge impact even though his game rating didn’t show it.

What l like about his game is he doesn’t just do stuff because it’s easy, he takes risks and does things most won’t attempt because they’re hard, he is what you would call the ultimate game breaker.

Edwards with his slick handballs, he is like slick silk and dusty is brute silk, and then we have meatball who is becoming as slippery as an eel, we got three bonafide champions in the middle and if Cotchin can get his mojo....gee o mighty.

Toast- this team. After round 13 it looked like top four was impossible. Every game from then Onwards was an elimination final and we literally had to win all our remaining games to secure the double chance. We were able to do this which was a phenomenal effort. Apart from the west coast game, we never looked in danger of losing any of our last 9 matches. For this Richmond deserve to be immensely congratulated. Especially in a season where we were cruelled by injury!

Roast- Junk time goals and the impact this had on our percentage. In almost all of our losses we got blown away due to conceding goals late when the match was over. Similarly when we had games won, we often took our foot off the pedal, and gave up multiple goals when the result was beyond doubt. This mean that that our percentage was quite ordinary compared to every other top four side and it probably cost us a home qualifying final given that Brisbane finished only 3 percent above us.

Changes- No change. We beat Brisbane comfortably with the team we put out there today. Why mess with a winning lineup?

with exception of suns game, we have won each by around 30 points.

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
I agree. Thought he was huge. Got a vote from me

Yep Broady was good didn't get much of the footy at all but punched out of his division a lot today and did well, spoiling well and going when he had to.

No plaudits no one will have really noticed him but the coaches would've.

It's where the stats sheet does'nt always tell the truth. Look at Short he was woeful and had a bazillion touches.

Coach_Required

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool & Boston Celtics
Why are so many people saying they were better than us (some here but mostly on other forums/social media) We flogged them and that was with missing 6 goals in the first quarter and getting railed by the worst umpiring since last week in the second quarter. We were easily the better team and weren't even playing at our peak lol

It's more to do with hope, makes themselves feel better about losing to us. Happened last week against West Coast too. WE should have put them away in the second and had 4 easy chances which all resulted in points and the game would have gone from 5 goals to 8 goals. Unfortunately they came out after halftime kicked a couple and got their tails up but we with stood their punch and went on with it.

Very happy we have the double chance and much prefer to head to Brisbane after todays game, we are right in this.

Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
In two weeks we get to welcome Brisbane back to the finals. Remember 2001 when they smashed us by 11 goals in a prelim and went on to win the next three flags? Time for revenge.

Balta isnt ready, his ruck work was good but just a passenger most of the game. Nank comes in for him. Imagine that will be the only change.

I am expecting we will up the ante a little in two weeks. We played well enough to win, and the Lions fought back and did enough to look like they could maybe match it with us. I am glad they fought back because we got a good look at what they can do. Will they cope with the heat of finals football against a battle hardened Richmond? Can't wait to find out but I am betting its on Saturday night which sucks for me because I am playing a gig :'(:'(:'(
Good summation. Worse for me, I’m in the States. Game will be on at 5 in the morning, no idea if where and if I will get to see it!

The Mighty

Club Legend
May 20, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Fantastic win but I think the Lions will be a more difficult proposition at the Gabba. Looking forward to it already.

Of course they will be a tougher prospect.

Plus they will also no doubt have the assistance of the Umps who will undoubtedly go in dry on us all night also, no doubt about it we will get dead set crucified by the Maggots up there, no stone will be left unturned to make sure the Bears get up at the expense of the EVIL TIGERS who are somehow public enemy number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back