Review Finals Baby!!!! Look out Plastics...here we come! (Bulldogs 121 d Crows 87)

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
I’m horrified to see that Duryea’s name was missing from the best players. He was our best defender today. Was in bloody everything. Cordy did some good things early, but the one on one’s are a real worry. I think Trengove has to play in 2 weeks time. Don’t know if I’d swap him with Cordy or Young. Thought Lewis made some mistakes today, like that dropped uncontested mark that lead to a Crows goal in the third, wish he would mark those on his chest. A lot to like though, thought he was solid overall.

Smith is a ripper. Love the year this kid is having, super. West had a great day too, also watching the Bont’s kicking into our forward’s is some of the best in the league. Really amazing to watch. Crozier is super too. Love his marking and defensive work. Must pay some homage to Hunter today too. I was on the wing, and seeing his work so close up, gee he gives us so much. It was also great to see Macrae’s snap goal. Good to see he’s having more shots!

English had a great game too. He really is deceiving as it looks like he’s dominating the hit outs, then you see the stats and go, what the hell? Around the ground, he is brilliant. Happy times. We beat GWS, then hopefully get Richmond at the G
Been saying this for weeks now, he does not get the credit for some hit outs.

Flags_In_The_Bag

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not a fan of overseas teams.....
I wasclooking at Rhylee in warm up and could not believe how strong and thick set he was in legs. He will be very strong in the contests and we could have another beauty here.
We will have, he has swagger like Toby Greene and is tough and actually very clever, watch out.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t like the guy. Just doesn’t feel like he’s one of those club people. Seemed a bit classless towards us after he’d left the club
If you watch Lake on Open Mike, which was filmed just before we won the flag, he said he thought Coons would find it hard to watch us win one. That said, I’m pretty sure it’s just because he was another like Higgins and Griff that hated McCartney.

He’s been pretty upbeat about us this season so I don’t think there are sour grapes. Just think he left on a bad note and took a while to get over it.

Aug 1, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I am in Bali, after defeating Adelaide, I immediately hired a driver to udud to catch up with my gypsy sister who lives there and ensure she has the necromancy spells prepared for the finals. The mad shrew wasn’t there! Via Facebook I discovered she has run off to the Dublin in search of some cave with rare mushrooms and a 4 leaf clover.

Naturally, I m on her trail and I’ve booked a flight tomorrow night with emeritus to Dublin via Dubai!
What I do for this club!

_M_16_

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Liv FC, LA Rams, Pitt Pen, Michigan
2015 - 14 / 9 - Finals
2016 - 19 / 7 - Premiership
2017 - 11 / 11 - Just outside the 8, middle 6
2018 - 8 /14 - Bottom Six
2019 - 12 / 10 - Finals (to be continued)

64 out of 110 - 64 / 51 @ 58% and two coach of the year awards

Only one losing season out of 5. Finals in 3 out of 5. Apparently he will dip below a 50 percent winning record, is overrated and is losing the team according to Adz. Where is Adz when you need him?

Have the youngest team in the finals with years or growth to come. I rate this coach

Last edited:
We have a functioning forward line.......people we have a functioning f*cking forward line!
2C8A10F9-01AD-44A8-A6F5-DC14D30B7E6A.gif

I don’t like the guy. Just doesn’t feel like he’s one of those club people. Seemed a bit classless towards us after he’d left the club

We absolutely butchered his knee and then forced him out via trade. The way we treated Coons was not the club’s finest hour.

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
One more little aside - if we beat GWS in the Elimination Final and Brisbane beat Richmond at the GABBA, then we play every subsequent finals match at the MCG. I wouldn't mind that!
Give me Brisbane at the Gabba over Richmond at the G. No fears playing Brisbane up there, should have beaten them a few weeks ago!

The Inbetweener

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 25, 2011
Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Been mentioned already but Bevo looked really proud in the presser. Even he must have doubted if it would click at times.

We finally have forward line connection. IMO it’s due to the personnel change. We now have natural forwards and it means Bont no longer needs to spend spells there.

Our mids are now on top meaning we hardly get caught out the back now, hiding our backline deficiencies.

Crozier would be close to first picked each week.

I was really happy with Schache’s game.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We absolutely butchered his knee and then forced him out via trade. The way we treated Coons was not the club’s finest hour.
The club have been transitioning from almost extinct to fully professional. Science and physio have been on the up throughout this time. We could’ve been better and made all endeavours to keep getting better. He could’ve had some class

chunkylover53

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2008
From Where You'd Rather Be
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your journey post-2016. Every footy nuffie and lazy journo would look at your ladder position and jump up and down about the drop-off after your flag, but anyone who actually watched footy could see you were doing a clean out/rebuild. All the talk was about Brisbane/Carlton bottoming out and acquiring picks and doing it the right way but I could see the Dogs were doing the same, just smarter.

I’m hoping yourselves, Brisbane and my mob will be somewhat the next big 3 over the next decade. All very young and exciting. Good luck for finals.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I’ve thoroughly enjoyed your journey post-2016. Every footy nuffie and lazy journo would look at your ladder position and jump up and down about the drop-off after your flag, but anyone who actually watched footy could see you were doing a clean out/rebuild. All the talk was about Brisbane/Carlton bottoming out and acquiring picks and doing it the right way but I could see the Dogs were doing the same, just smarter.

I’m hoping yourselves, Brisbane and my mob will be somewhat the next big 3 over the next decade. All very young and exciting. Good luck for finals.
* I hope your lot get Cogs this off season. Means half of the bottom 6 from 2018 would be pushing for finals in 2020, while also shutting up the arrogant pricks on the main board. I have bookmarked so many Hawks comments in anticipation of Carlton landing Cogs

Back