Autopsy Roast & Toast Round 23 vs Brisbane, changes for Qualifying Final vs Brisbane

who was in the best for the Tigers vs Brisbane

• David Astbury

Votes: 8 2.9%
  • Nathan Broad

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Dylan Grimes

Votes: 83 30.5%
  • Bachar Houli

Votes: 109 40.1%
  • Nick Vlastuin

Votes: 244 89.7%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Brandon Ellis

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Dion Prestia

Votes: 192 70.6%
  • Josh Caddy

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 14 5.1%
  • Trent Cotchin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Kane Lambert

Votes: 22 8.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tom Lynch

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jack Riewoldt

Votes: 129 47.4%
  • Ivan Soldo

Votes: 58 21.3%
  • Shane Edwards

Votes: 33 12.1%
  • Dustin Martin

Votes: 209 76.8%
  • Jason Castagna

• Liam Baker

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • Jack Graham

• Noah Balta

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Regardless of what happens this finals series, this is the best and most successful team that I've been alive to witness (36 yo) seeing blokes like shedda, Cotch, dusty and Jack apply their trade is a treat and something we all shouldn't take for granted as nothing lasts forever..... Enjoy the ride tigs fans regardless of what unfolds.
Would you say it's a good time to be alive for a Tiger supporter?!?

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
You can bet the media will say the exact same thing like they did with the eagles, lions won't be disheartened with that performance etc.Big difference now there at home at the Gabba pressure on them we like it that way .Listening to Fagan he seems confident said we were in the game for 3 qtrs,but half a qtr.I don't think so we owned the 1qtr and 2 qtr and the 4 qtr they had to come in the 3 qtr said they led most stats.Should have buried them.That's the dissatisfaction for me we can't put teams out of the game or to the sword no matter ladder position.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
Bolton didn’t get to the right positions today when up forward on a number of occasions was flying for marks when he should have been front and centre.
The last time he did that a few times in a game he was dropped.

Can't see that happening this time though. Who would come in? Butler? On second thought, let's see if he can get it out of his game.

Vassp

Premiership Player
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Sorry guys but I've been to the MB (for a laugh) and we are no chance because Brisbane tanked today, we can't play away from the G, we've never won an interstate final and Brisbane have never lost a final at the GABBA. I might have to get the s**t they are on sounds like good s**t.
We were leagues ahead of them yesterday, obviously they’re a good team to finish where they did but Us at 100% and them at 100% we win by 6 goals. We didn’t put them to the sword in the second quarter where the ball ran against us, further more some of their goals had high degree of difficulty and We didn’t kick as well as we should, This is why I’m so critical with George and Rioli, both not good set shots.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond

Can't see that happening this time though. Who would come in? Butler? On second thought, let's see if he can get it out of his game.
Bolton definitely has Butler covered imo
interested to see how Aarts and Pickett perform in the 2s although you’d reckon it’d be a big call to bring a player into s final that has no AFL exposure

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
We were leagues ahead of them yesterday, obviously they’re a good team to finish where they did but Us at 100% and them at 100% we win by 6 goals. We didn’t put them to the sword in the second quarter where the ball ran against us, further more some of their goals had high degree of difficulty and We didn’t kick as well as we should, This is why I’m so critical with George and Rioli, both not good set shots.
Good 3rd Q by Lions but otherwise thought we were in control

2 of their first 4 goals were from sloppy turnovers by Vlaustin and Prestia and then in the 3rd Q a momentum killer when Bolton should have dished off for a goal instead got caught and they scored- 2 goal turnaround.

You can bet the media will say the exact same thing like they did with the eagles, lions won't be disheartened with that performance etc.Big difference now there at home at the Gabba pressure on them we like it that way .Listening to Fagan he seems confident said we were in the game for 3 qtrs,but half a qtr.I don't think so we owned the 1qtr and 2 qtr and the 4 qtr they had to come in the 3 qtr said they led most stats.Should have buried them.That's the dissatisfaction for me we can't put teams out of the game or to the sword no matter ladder position.

I keep saying, its in the 2019 club constitution to win by 30 points or less against AFL sides.

Schlurp

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2009
Canberra
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm all for replacing under performing small forwards like Bolton, George and Rioli but I can't see anyone on our list who could do the job better. George's kicking for goal improved in the second half but Rioli and Bolton have you heart in mouth when they are lining up from 30 meters out. I'm more inclined to shuffle the deck chairs a bit here. I'd bring Caddy into his familiar role of third forward where he's been so effective in the past and move either Rioli or George onto the wing. Caddy with 20% more possessions would improve our performance by 40%.

And while I respect Neale's performance in accumulating possessions, he reminds me of that RAF wartime story about Allied planes returning to base from missions absolutely smashed with gaping holes everywhere. The ground crew repaired them but instead of reinforcing those parts that were damaged, they strengthened other areas that, while intact, were considered to be vulnerable. The reasoning was that if the plane could fly while damaged in that way, there was no need to do anything other than perform basic patchwork on the torn bits and build up protection for those parts that, if damaged, could bring the plane down. So with Neale, he gets 50+ possessions and we win by about 5 goals having left about 5 others on the field. I suspect Dimma put more work into targeting Brisbane's other effective threats than he will in reducing Neale's possession count.

And big Ivan must stay. If Nank doesn't get up, Chol to replace Balta.

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Amazing Castagna has 4 votes. Must be Brisneyland suppoorters cos he was in their bests.

The coaches will have him in the bests during the match review. Huge work rate and link up player on the weekend. Involved in most of our goals

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond

One curve ball.
Markov?
Been handy up fwd in the vfl.
Quick off the mark.
Put him on Hodge.
Expose Hodge with speed.
Not confident in Bolton like some others are.

Michaels do other club posters get to vote still as Dusty getting 77% of the votes seems to suggest trolling?

Yeah I believe so.

As far as I can see there isnt a way to restrict it to Richmond only supporters unfortunately.

Brisbane need a change of strategy if they can hope to beat us. Add a monster forward and yeah they'd be a worry. But they don't have one. Where are they going to get their goals from next time?

That we let Neale get 50 possessions and were happy to let him get it says he is not damaging. Zorko is way more of a damaging player.

Brisbane play an exciting game but IMHO don't have the players to beat us. They may well make the granny on the other side of the draw though. I think they would worry Geelong and Collingwood.

We had some ineffectual players yesterday and I think we'll be even better next week. The only difficult decision is Balta.

JazMac

All Australian
Oct 3, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm confident that we should win in Brisbane.
If Nank replaces Balta, he will get more grabs and effective possessions than either Balta or Chol have been lately - as well as being a stronger body in ruck contests. If Chol replaces Balta he should hopefully respond well to getting another chance and realise that he needs to play at his best to keep his spot. If Balta stays, he should be better for yesterday's run in the 1's.
Chimp looked to get better as the game went on and should have more of an influence than he did yesterday - which will also improve others around him and make it harder for brisbane to pressure Dusty (if they are thinking of making that a focus).
Grimes will be even more confident on his ankle.
The bounce of the ball can't be so cruel to us 2 weeks in a row.
The whole club knows extremely well what can happen in finals if we don't bring our A game.

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
One curve ball.
Markov?
Been handy up fwd in the vfl.
Quick off the mark.
Put him on Hodge.
Expose Hodge with speed.
Not confident in Bolton like some others are.
I'm more confident with Bolton when he's playing on ball. He seems to try more of the show pony rubbish when he's in the forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back