Mega Thread 2019 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lose two Hills and Langdon and don't bring in any ready mades and only use the draft and we need to be a little circumspect about the delistings IMO

Given the losses I think just about everyone would need to stay, even North and Nyhuis...one year deals all round.

Lose Sandi, Ballantyne, Bennell, Kersten, 2 Hills and Langdon replace with Henry and 6 other draftees? Too many small immature bodies

There’s going to be a fire sale at Adelaide this year, need to have a good look at what’s up for grabs & see if there’s any suitors & get in touch early.
They def can’t continue with 2 Crouches in the 1 team & you can’t pass up on ball winning mids if their available.
We’ve missed that constant 30+ disposal winning mid to go along with Fyfe after Neale went out, Crouch could come in & fill that void.

There’s going to be a fire sale at Adelaide this year, need to have a good look at what’s up for grabs & see if there’s any suitors & get in touch early.
They def can’t continue with 2 Crouches in the 1 team & you can’t pass up on ball winning mids if their available.
We’ve missed that constant 30+ disposal winning mid to go along with Fyfe after Neale went out, Crouch could come in & fill that void.
I like the Crouches but they will go to Victoria if they leave.

Crows don't have anything (that they would actually give up) worth chasing.

Lose two Hills and Langdon and don't bring in any ready mades and only use the draft and we need to be a little circumspect about the delistings IMO

Given the losses I think just about everyone would need to stay, even North and Nyhuis...one year deals all round.

Lose Sandi, Ballantyne, Bennell, Kersten, 2 Hills and Langdon replace with Henry and 6 other draftees? Too many small immature bodies
Depends who the new coach is and the game plan. There may players out there more suited and available..

I want to see a few of our players under a new fitness regime.

IMO we value size over pace too much. Players like Jones and Lachie Schultz have lost a yard of pace since coming here...and watching Neale yesterday he looked like he'd gained some.

Watch the pace Mayne showed to set up Elliot's goal on Friday night. was like watching a different player
Lyons game style is taxing on the legs both in kms and body contact.

Lyons game style is taxing on the legs both in kms and body contact.
There definitely seems to some sort of issue because of our 2nd half of season drop offs, but I am not sure this explains it. We cover an average amount of KMs and were the worst (I think) tackling team in the league.

If I'm trying to work out a way to pay my draftees more money than their AFLPA draftee contract allows, I'd be playing them every single game possible to bump their earnings up an extra $100,000 - even if they don't deserve to get a game.

That's not in reply to anything, I'm just putting that out there.

If there's a positive from this year it's that a few teams have new coaches and/or underwhelming years. Most lists turn over players in that situation either from people going by choice or by the new coach not rating them.

Team are taking advantage of us being in that situation (BHIll and Ed) and we need to do the same to them.

We can debate whether they are a good fit for our team but I'd be surprised if players like BCrouch, Acres and Angus Brayshaw aren't on our shopping list.

If I'm trying to work out a way to pay my draftees more money than their AFLPA draftee contract allows, I'd be playing them every single game possible to bump their earnings up an extra $100,000 - even if they don't deserve to get a game.

Why do your daftees deserve more pay? Mine have to make 50 games just to get their passports back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we did that last year

Prediction time:
Hayden BallantyneRetire
Harley BennellDelist
David Mundy1 yr
Darcy TuckerResign
Shane KerstenDelist
Tom NorthDelist
Ed LangdonTraded
Lloyd Meek1 yr
Aaron SandilandsRetire
Stephen HillResign
Scott JonesDelist
Ryan NyhuisDelist
Tobe Watson1 yr RL
Brad HillTraded

Thats 9 list changes.

Other possibilities:
- Meek's one year is on the RL.
- S Hill does leave (I find it hard to believe anyone is going to be offering anything worth moving for after playing 10 games since May last year, but anyting is possible).
- Jones gets another year. Looks like a spud to me and if you're going to carry a WAFL ruckman as reserve it mayas well be the best one and he's not it: But I've been wrong before.

Prediction time:
Hayden BallantyneRetire
Harley BennellDelist
David Mundy1 yr
Darcy TuckerResign
Shane KerstenDelist
Tom NorthDelist
Ed LangdonTraded
Lloyd Meek1 yr
Aaron SandilandsRetire
Stephen HillResign
Scott JonesDelist
Ryan NyhuisDelist
Tobe Watson1 yr RL
Brad HillTraded

Thats 9 list changes.

Other possibilities:
- S Hill does leave (I find it hard to believe anyone is going to be offering anything worth moving for after playing 10 games since May last year, but anyting is possible).
- Jones gets another year. Looks like a spud to me and if you're going to carry a WAFL ruckman as reserve it mayas well be the best one and he's not it: But I've been wrong before.
That looks about right to me. If we keep Darcy then we can shed one of Meek or Jones and draft Goddard as a rookie.

Anybody know when the player review meetings will take place?

Prediction time:
Hayden BallantyneRetire
Harley BennellDelist
David Mundy1 yr
Darcy TuckerResign
Shane KerstenDelist
Tom NorthDelist
Ed LangdonTraded
Lloyd Meek1 yr
Aaron SandilandsRetire
Stephen HillResign
Scott JonesDelist
Ryan NyhuisDelist
Tobe Watson1 yr RL
Brad HillTraded

Thats 9 list changes.

Other possibilities:

Tucker plus a few others are possible trades.

The rest looks good.

The question for me would be, if you had seen his output in the WAFL this year - would you draft him now with him playing next year for you as a 21 year old?

To be fair you could say that about half our team. It they were available in the open market and you'd seen them play like they have the last few weeks outside of the Geelong game would you be rushing to hand out contracts?

Would you say that Dixon was worth another contract based on his WAFL form? Exposing him to one game has shown that there's something to work with. The same happened with Jones on the weekend as well. We shouldn't give out games for free but my understanding is that North has had some solid periods of play and a debut at some stage or another might have been worthwhile.

Hill for 5/6 is a good deal. If you think he is worth more you are kidding yourself.
I reckon we should forget Kelly.
Get Jackson, best avalable mid and Henry.

I see Billy Frampton kicked 7 goals in the SANFL ressies
Out of contract ,22 yo, 200cm would seem to be an upgrade on Meek and jONES

How long since anyone at Peel kicked 7, let alone a forward/ruck?

I see Billy Frampton kicked 7 goals in the SANFL ressies
Out of contract ,22 yo, 200cm would seem to be an upgrade on Meek and jONES

How long since anyone at Peel kicked 7, let alone a forward/ruck?
I think he's a great target. I'm in the camp that the game has turned for rucks. The forward/ruck is much more important and we have a great one in Lobb, we find another and we'll be in a good position.

Hill for 5/6 is a good deal. If you think he is worth more you are kidding yourself.
I reckon we should forget Kelly.
Get Jackson, best avalable mid and Henry.
I think 5 should do it by itself since it sufficient "overs" on normal trade value.

I think where people differ mainly is how much overs they want before letting Hill go. Uncontracted, i think Hill goes for 8-12. Think pick 5 is sufficient overs to let him go, knowing we wont get a better deal than this year.

Some people want to bend the Saints over without lube, the problem is, the Saints still have to give consent and I'd rather not shoot ourselves in the foot by pushing for some unrealistic return.

TLDR: Get some level of overs, since its realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back