Rumour Grand Final entertainment 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL is going to get some crappy indie band that no one has ever heard of

See, this should be the outcome every year. The big artists can only ever let you down (Meat Loaf, Black Eyed Peas), while the smaller acts by comparison (The Killers, Gang of Youths in the NRL) come in with no expectations and if they nail it the entertainment is a guaranteed success.

They shold have <insert my favourite band> because they are really good and I saw them once and I sang and I liked it.

Outside of that Jimmy Barnes would be good as he yells loud and will get my team fired up.

Hilltop Hoods & Sia Furler would be awesome as a double act (and they both did the anthemic hit "I Love It" together as well). You could imagine the crowd singing along to at least a couple songs from both artists, and they've been relevant enough over two decades to traverse generations. Plus both hail from a football place in Adelaide.

To keep the Adelaide theme authentic, they could both choke on the big stage at the end.

Can we insert The back on which Jezza jumped by TISM?

And that list.... hell I'd take the Lighthouse Family coma collection over the Hilltop Hoods!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess Melb Cup has more coin to splash than the AFL, since they're trying to get Taylor Swift, Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello to perform.

I'd prefer the AFL get a local acoustic cover artist and pay them $500 if the alternative is any of those 3. Haven't even heard of that 3rd person to be fair.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back