• Short over the head

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Try for the leg side LBW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Full and at the stumps

Votes: 32 88.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had one ball to run out the final batsman...

full and at the stumps, or at least a few yorkers and slower balls in between bouncers (but honestly, what is the point of a bouncer to the no. 11 with 60 or less runs to score with a bloke going off to a flyer at the other end? Obviously a genuine no 11, which Leach is despite 92 against Ireland, is going to be intimidated facing quick bowling, you don't need to go at his throat to instill that, and he's not going to play at it once he sees it banged in short, so at best it's a dot-ball, and unlike Archer our bowlers short balls are not unpickable so you're not even going to hit him, and even if yo do refer back to first point about not needing to instill fear when you're bowling 140+ to a guy averaging under 10 in FC.) Rant over

The Chad Lyon could have run out the virgin Leach leaving us with memes for decades but instead fumbled it.

Now Australia will be hearing about this for decades during future Ashes series.

Yeah, but Bancroft wouldn’t make 92 in a whole series against Afghanistan!

But it still shows he has a decent temperament and ability, not the complete bunny people were calling him during the match.
Yeah I was surprised when he came out and Nasser(? Might have been Athers) was going through his 92 and thought immediately this bloke is out to prove himself. Not that our blokes did themselves any favors with the line they bowled but I thought he batted superbly in the situation.
Permanent replacement for Ali you think eddie?

Firstly I wouldn't sit back and allow the only recognised batsmen to ensure he stayed on strike, I'd strangle the late over singles and make sure you have a full over at the 11 multiple times.
Secondly I might start an over with 1, maybe 2 short balls, 1 at the body and one just outside off stump, push him back and tempt a gloved caught behind.
From there, EVERYTHING would be full and at the stumps.
You bring in caught behind off a poor drive/defend, LB and bowled.
Short stuff over and over is easily duckable, especially when you are only getting 1 ball per over at him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I was surprised when he came out and Nasser(? Might have been Athers) was going through his 92 and thought immediately this bloke is out to prove himself. Not that our blokes did themselves any favors with the line they bowled but I thought he batted superbly in the situation.
Permanent replacement for Ali you think eddie?

Definitely, I’d have played him in the first test, was mind boggling to drop a bloke who just made 92! But I suppose the Aussie’s had struggled against Ali in the past and had a lot of left handers.

It’s interesting a lot of people calling him the worst player ever etc in the second test, yet he is averaging 20 with the ball and an e/r of 2.6 this series, Lyon is averaging 30 at an e/r of 3

I’m not saying he’s a gun, but he’s no bunny. He was compared last night to Chris Martin and Glenn McGrath!

He's a regulation number 11.
Just so happens Martin and McGrath were genuine bunnies, leach better than that but to try to claim he's some gun lower order is disingenuous.
Outside of his top score against a second tier side he averages less than 6.
Hence this thread, hence the Aussies complete pants shat plans.

He's a regulation number 11.
Just so happens Martin and McGrath were genuine bunnies, leach better than that but to try to claim he's some gun lower order is disingenuous.
Outside of his top score against a second tier side he averages less than 6.
Hence this thread, hence the Aussies complete pants shat plans.

So you’d say Warner only averages 3, Wade 8 with the bat this series? Lyon 50 with the ball

Back