Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be outside of the cap, they cannot match our FA offer.
They can convince him to stay, by getting close to our money through other means, but if decides to come to us, he's ours.
Correct.

GWS and the AFL corruption money can combine for an offer to beat ours.

But mechanically, Cogs would need to reject our offer for GWS and AFL to get this to work.

GWS cannot match our offer by saying "AFL ambassador money". So if we actually get Cogs to sign the agreed RFA contract, GWS cannot match. They need to get in his ear so that he DOESN'T sign with us in the first place.

Sounds like the club have been told it’s Giants or Blues and that the decision will be made this week. If it’s us, obviously no announcements will be made. If it’s Giants, we’ll hear about it.
You'd think the decision to stay with GWS or leave would be the easy one.He's been there for 7 years?, plenty of time to assess your contentment. The next decision, between which club to choose is the big one, I'm backing our ITK's.

Very real chance that GWS could match their bid and force a trade. That may be a factor in Coniglio (and his manager's) thinking - that a deal with Carlton gets done immediately in FA week, while one with Hawthorn may drag out and fall apart.

This is the sole reason I believe Hawks are no longer in the conversation. Anything they've offered GWS can easily match and there would be very prolonged negotiation regarding a trade or picks that there is zero chance they'd be able to keep secret. There's been zero, absolutely zero, talk from ITK or otherwise from any camp of a trade. There's no way that wouldn't have leaked out.

I'm betting his management is waiting for a final last ditch offer from GWS.

Doubt they're ekeing much more out of GWS, gotta be pretty well tapped out as far as salary space goes and they'd already be doing everything they could to retain him. Sounds like the ball is in Coniglio's court at the moment

I think it's highly unlikely he's simply "undecided" only to see how GWS go in the finals.

It'll be money. GWS can afford close to our offer. It just determines who they let go or trade out. They don't need to work out the cap until after the trade and draft periods.

That photo was from last night. For evidence look at Jaeger’s eye, bruised and cut as per the game on Saturday night.
oh well if he is out with his friend, that must mean something. :p
I'm guessing it means he is out with his good friend.

This is the sole reason I believe Hawks are no longer in the conversation. Anything they've offered GWS can easily match and there would be very prolonged negotiation regarding a trade or picks that there is zero chance they'd be able to keep secret. There's been zero, absolutely zero, talk from ITK or otherwise from any camp of a trade. There's no way that wouldn't have leaked out.

I'm betting his management is waiting for a final last ditch offer from GWS.

I think it's highly unlikely he's simply "undecided" only to see how GWS go in the finals.

He's a reasonable chance to be available for selection in the next fortnight - I can certainly see him telling his manager to just keep working towards getting the best offers from all available parties, and he'll look them over once the season is done. In the meantime, he'd be wanting to make sure he's fit and available to play in September.

In order for GWS to match an offer, they have to provide the same contract length, base salary, match payment rates, additional services payments and performance incentives. The "ambassador" payments from the AFL don't help with that, they're a separate thing entirely. So if we offer 7 years on $1.1mil per season (heavily frontloaded then tapering to "normal"), then GWS have to be prepared to give him the same. Given their list profile, that would cripple them, they're likely already at the cap, and don't have the benefit of having banked extra space for the last couple of years like us.

Might want to double check this ( I and most were of this opinion) this was dismissed in articles last week, stating GWS only have to match the $$$$ and length essentially and none of the other smaller details. Jake Nial wrote one of the articles.

I think you are also under estimating the deceitful ness of the AFL, they could offer $1M a season, then GWS could lay Cogs as little as $300-$400,000 per year, he is under no obligation to accept our offer, so he could sign for GWS at whatever he wants if the AFL are tipping in enough.

He's a reasonable chance to be available for selection in the next fortnight - I can certainly see him telling his manager to just keep working towards getting the best offers from all available parties, and he'll look them over once the season is done. In the meantime, he'd be wanting to make sure he's fit and available to play in September.

If he's in Melb catching up with mates, having beers and getting scans done, I think it's clear he's done for this season.

Might want to double check this ( I and most were of this opinion) this was dismissed in articles last week, stating GWS only have to match the $$$$ and length essentially and none of the other smaller details. Jake Nial wrote one of the articles.

I think you are also under estimating the deceitful ness of the AFL, they could offer $1M a season, then GWS could lay Cogs as little as $300-$400,000 per year, he is under no obligation to accept our offer, so he could sign for GWS at whatever he wants if the AFL are tipping in enough.

No. They need to match the exact contract terms. It's in the AFL Rules. Look it up.

I've posted this numerous times before in here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That photo was from last night. For evidence look at Jaeger’s eye, bruised and cut as per the game on Saturday night.

Rumour is Jaeger (dumb ******* name) tried to force Coniglio to sign with Hawthorn and in turn Cogs clocked him & left the restaurant singing the navy blues theme song.

The Bulldogs are really making a case to be every Carlton supporters second team

Not just for beating GWS, but they are seriously enjoyable to watch, while also not being a threat to our premiership tally.
We've also never really had any run ins with them as a club (eg trades) or with dickhead players in recent times.

I'd say they are my second team if i had to choose one.

oh well if he is out with his friend, that must mean something. :p
I'm guessing it means he is out with his good friend.

Apparently Cogs will move in with JOM if/when he returns to VIC.

According to Hawks posters it's like he can't live a second with him...needs to live with him, work at the same place as him and do all social outings with him...

If he's in Melb catching up with mates, having beers and getting scans done, I think it's clear he's done for this season.

No. They need to match the exact contract terms. It's in the AFL Rules. Look it up.

I've posted this numerous times before in here.

You're wrong about this...it was clarified in the media last week that only the total years and $$$ need to be matched.

How much you front-load or back-end is up to the club and doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back