How does Wayne Carey have a media job despite his multiple domestic violence convictions?

TheShardMan

Team Captain
Jun 28, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
He has never appeared remorseful over the whole affair. Will never forget the arrogance he showed in the aftermath esp when the crows played the roos for the first time. Those were your mates you screwed over ffs. And north are a shell of what they once were.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bloke is allowed to earn a living. And that is not a reflection on his employer. He is employed to do a job if his employer who is paying him is happy with his work all good. We all know the Carey family story and we all have one of our own. But we do like to Judge.
Why are people talking about Carey?

The question is how any media organisation could sink low enough to associate themselves with him. Anyone with a history of abusing partners and police officers is unfit for public broadcasting.

DAlembert

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Why are people talking about Carey?

The question is how any media organisation could sink low enough to associate themselves with him. Anyone with a history of abusing partners and police officers is unfit for public broadcasting.
Thanks for your opinion. Fact is a media organisation employed him. I am sure there are many out there who abuse partners ..men and women and give a spray to men/women in blue. And hold down jobs more important than Public Broadcasting. Eg. Work for disposal removal on The Melton Shire. Clean toilets at Sunshine Shopping centre etc.

Read the book.

I’m not defending the bloke. But it’s not like he ploughed a glass straight into her face.

Urban myths and all that.

tbf he is hardly going to detail how he wanted to smash a glass in her face for a while either, is he?

DAlembert

Club Legend
Mar 12, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Heh it's a boys club no doubt...gravy train for the chosen few. Women making plenty of inroads tho. Look at the cricket plenty of girls there some ok some well the least said the better. Not sure what 15 years and still on TV means.

AlcoaCat

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Perth Cardinals
If you bother to read his autobiography he explains the so called “glassing” incident in detail.

They were both completely off their nut on coke and booze as he went to toss a bit of wine from a glass at her.

She lent into it and the glass cracked cutting her with a minor wound.

All the other stuff is not a good look of course but he’s not exactly a danger to society.

Personally, I think he’s dumb as dog doo and seldom offer any comments of interest in anything he says.

He looks good on camera and is one of greatest players of all time and is professional in his role.
He also wentbme
Wayne likes to cut a long shory stort.

That's a spoonerism, Duck-Head.
I wonder what it's like for female panellists to have to chortle merrily and call him Duck. Still blows my mind that he has a gig on TV in 2021. Fair play to him if he doesn't act like a violent nutcase anymore, but he never should have been given those hugely high profile media jobs in the first place. Thank God Ablett was too dumb and ugly to apply because they'd probably have given him a job as well.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
tbf he is hardly going to detail how he wanted to smash a glass in her face for a while either, is he?

He goes into a fair bit of detail regarding that incident.

Him and his girlfriend were both totally off their tree on coke and drink sitting at a restaurant table in the U.S.

An argument started and he flicked his wine glass towards her and the edge nicked her face and broke.

Small cut. Not a good situation.

He goes up to his hotel room..restaurant manager calls the cops.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
The biggest revelation in his book is that in his first residence after coming to Melbourne, he shared his bedroom with a German Shepherd. (He also freely admits to that bedroom having a revolving door when it came to women, though whether Muttley was a spectator or not wasn't recorded :oops: )

buzzbuzz

Club Legend
Feb 7, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
He goes into a fair bit of detail regarding that incident.

Him and his girlfriend were both totally off their tree on coke and drink sitting at a restaurant table in the U.S.

An argument started and he flicked his wine glass towards her and the edge nicked her face and broke.

Small cut. Not a good situation.

He goes up to his hotel room..restaurant manager calls the cops.

I'm sure it's an unbiased account :rolleyes:

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Because he's the best player of all time but he is also the worst media performer of all time and it's obvious his on air colleagues don't like him.

He thinks he's Mr. Cool but in reality he totally lacks self awareness and is a complete tool.

freddy mercury

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2009
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Jacksonville
Honestly why does it matter? How does it effect you? Are you paying him? I never thought about it until this post. Don't let these things into your life.

GroggSquad

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
I remember Carey getting alot of love when his first joined Channel 7. Most seemed to think his comments were insightful and informative.

The love seems to have died down a bit.

ash_1050

Premiership Player
Nov 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory and Arsenal
Carey has finished up in the media for the moment, not for his several accounts of assaulting women, but for the media attention around an alleged bag of coke.

Back