Not open for further replies.

Docker Sprigg

Rookie
Aug 20, 2017
Balga
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mate we are all purple lovers here.
Never claimed to have the greatest knowledge on football.
So how about some facts.
1. He was a part of under performing coaching team at the egirls.
2.The same coaching team that was either blind, stupid or complicit to the drug issues at WC.
3.Once Kirk arrived at the club and he dropped down the pecking order, his attitude changed at training. (I was going to training almost weekly around that time.) I know this is not a fact, however what is a fact is he went sitting next to Lyon match day to the
bench in three years at the club.
4. At 51 he has been out of the AFL system for awhile. Even with WC changing a few coaches lately they haven't offered him anything.
5.Never landed a top job in 15 plus years.
6. The fact that certain campaigners in wa media are pushing for him. ( Just my opinion I know, but this should be enough scare anyone away.)
Anyway as proud passionate Docker supporters lets hope the people in charge of the club to pick the best person for the job.
Have a nice day.

I agree I love the dockers as well ive been a member for 23yrs this year and proud of it
I have followed football for 40yrs this year, I just hope the board get the selection process done wright and we see a flag and plenty of them.
Its about changing the culture of the club and get our club into be a power of the AFL

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
I agree I love the dockers as well ive been a member for 23yrs this year and proud of it
I have followed football for 40yrs this year, I just hope the board get the selection process done wright and we see a flag and plenty of them.
Its about changing the culture of the club and get our club into be a power of the AFL
See we already did change the culture of the club and became a power in the AFL however we fell one game short. This changing culture crap is just that 'crap'. It's a nonsensical term used in Australian sports and apparently the cause of all poor performances..

Chris28

Draftee
Aug 26, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think Worsfold will be coaching fremantle in 2020. I think freo have had him lined up for a few months now. That's why there isnt much movement from freo to approach longmuir etc. Proven coach, won a flag from a WA team. His family are back in WA already. Caracella will take over from worsfold at the bombers. If not head coach then possibly director of coaching with longmuir as coach. I'm not sold on longmuir as a head coach.

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
He was extremely lucky to be given a lifeline after Port axed him because he was dead wood.
And coaching a team two or three times more resourced than any other team in the league to flags says you ain't a screw-up, that's about it. The proverbial drovers' dog could've coach Subi to multiple flags in that period.

Johnny Dalmas

Getting Old and Grumpy
Oct 16, 2015
Albany
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think he has Essendon about where they should be, I wouldn't be totally against Worsfold at Freo but he wouldn't be in my top 3 candidates. Honestly can't wait for the announcement so we can move forward with a new coach!
For mine it has been the couple of truly dreadful performances that Essendon have put up. Round 1 against GWS and the Dogs game where they gave up 21 in a row. Terrible, terrible on-field performances and not the sign of a coach at the peak of his powers.

Yep, its all about the future now. Looking forward to a decision in, say, weeks 3 or 4 of the finals (unless the new coach's current team is still playing).

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
For mine it has been the couple of truly dreadful performances that Essendon have put up. Round 1 against GWS and the Dogs game where they gave up 21 in a row. Terrible, terrible on-field performances and not the sign of a coach at the peak of his powers.

Yep, its all about the future now. Looking forward to a decision in, say, weeks 3 or 4 of the finals (unless the new coach's current team is still playing).

Agree on those performances, I’m not going to rant and rave if we do sign him however I certainly won’t celebrate if we do.

Would rate him in a different role though, clearly has the ability to unite given he took the Bombers job at the hardest time.

Ratten is my number one choice with JLo not far behind but just want to know!

May 13, 2007
Radelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Glasgow Warriors
I think if Clarkson was a realistic shot then he would be a 90%..

I agree, most people are not voting for someone they don’t believe is a viable possibility.

It does raise a question though for mine, I wonder if the club is assessing the viability of poaching one of the current top tier coaches as an option...

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Heard somewhere that clarkson flew over to Perth pre 2008 to pick Neeshams brains about all things footy and to get his view on where he thinks the game was going and was at..

Not sure if it’s the right thread or it’s a bit far fetched, but I’d love to get Father Freo Neesham back at the club for a tactical advisory role. I know Bell wouldn’t be too fond of that idea.

Oct 3, 2006
Block 345
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Glasgow Celtic, Roys FFC, NUFC,
We should, by all accounts, be talking to ALL the top tier coach's managers to see if they they can be tempted.
Not sure if we have the cap space to entice anyone after booting Ross though.
And not sure if we attract the top talent to both our vacant positions of CEO and Coach.
It's going to be an interesting two or three weeks. I wonder how far along in the process we are.

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon the Essendon old boys are looking for any opportunity to neck Worsfold, so it will be interesting to see if that has any affect on our selection process. I'm not a big fan of him as senior coach, but I reckon he'd be perfect as some form of support for Longmuir. Whether that's a coaching director or something similar, I'm not sure, but would definitely help take the pressure off an inexperienced young coach.

tacopavlich

Premiership Player
Oct 19, 2010
perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ross behind JLo in the poll... Inspiring times!

To be fair it's not preferential voting, so probably the only people that wouldn't vote the clear favourite would be those that resent the decision entirely. But doesn't mean the vast majority would prefer Lyon if not Longmuir.

Joose

Club Legend
Jul 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
To be fair it's not preferential voting, so probably the only people that wouldn't vote the clear favourite would be those that resent the decision entirely. But doesn't mean the vast majority would prefer Lyon if not Longmuir.
I prefer the two party preferred system. Jlo to win the most votes but Kepler to win after preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back