Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Oskar Manson go in the VFL on Sunday and what year is Archie eligible for the draft?

On a seperate note, have either of the Hickmont boys done enough in the WAFL this year to suggest they are AFL quality?

Archi 16.8 the last 4 weeks. 13 marks in that time. He’s 186 cm. Maybe he can be our next Andrew Walker.
I dispute the 186 cm; if you google his name there's a picture of the family, which looks to have been taken before this season, and he's noticeably taller than either his father or brother.

Last edited:
I dispute the 186 cm; if you google his name there's a picture of the family, that looks to have been taken before this season, and he's a fair bit taller than either his father or brother.
Apparently knightmare thinks it’s more to do with his weight/body size/maturity. He beats up on U18 kids due to this. Sounds like he doesn’t think he will make it unless as a rookie. I don’t know why I asked him he did give Carlton a D rating on last trade/draft period and thought Walsh wasn’t as good as he’s proven to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently knightmare thinks it’s more to do with his weight/body size/maturity. He beats up on U18 kids due to this. Sounds like he doesn’t think he will make it unless as a rookie. I don’t know why I asked him he did give Carlton a D rating on last trade/draft period and thought Walsh wasn’t as good as he’s proven to be.
You know I thinks that’s rubbish. Maturity etc as a teenager. I remember seeing Tom Hawkins in a TAC final at Carlton. Robbo occasionally turned up to those events in the old days. Hawkins dominated mainly due to his ‘maturity’ as an 18 year old behemoth. He then battled for a number of years to establish himself as a senior footballer. I haven’t seen Manton but I wouldn’t dismiss him on the basis that he’s bigger than the other lads.

The great thing about Archi is that he has shown so much growth in his game as this season has progressed. Early in the season it was 1 or 2 goals at best, but as you have noted it has been 16 goals in the last 4 weeks. Having only really decided to focus on footy this season, he has come a long way in a short time & has really put himself into draft calculations.

So like Worpel did at junior level...

His reply was quite rude actually and disrespectful to the Carlton football club. I think he’s upset he got it completely wrong with Walsh and he’s lost a bit of industry respect as a result.
Knightmare has strong opinions and while Walsh has had an outstanding year there are no guarantees he will be the best player in the draft. He rated Lukosius as the best junior he had ever seen and any decision not to take him as a massive mistake. It is his opinion and doesn't have to apologise for it. It is not one I agree with but can't we just let people ( Kane Corners included) have their opinions without being outraged they are different to ours? Don't like his opinions then don't ask him questions.

He was big enough to admit he was wrong on CC and HMcK 3 year after he panned our drafting in 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back