Toast Welcome to the Temple of Bontempelli, please take off your shoes and pay your respects

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Fev nearly kicked 100 goals the same year, is it a joke he wasn't near top 2?
Depends on what you define near as. Because there would be a definition he’d be near top 2.

But Fev is a different and inferior player to Buddy so it’s not as outrageous. Hard to argue he’d be outside the top 12 you’d think though.

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
To quote Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross Coffee is for Closers and yesterday Marcus Bontempelli took a giant swig.

He should be filthy at Clarko. What a prick.

Was kinda funny they didn't want him to get 100 as well in that game, but just for the theatre of the game it would have been fantastic if he did

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I feel like his chances of winning were sort of discounted because of our lack of winning ( although I don’t get how often Cripps polled when his side was s**t last year and earlier this year) and because the media/bookies are so dumb and completely ignore us, have failed to notice that we had a big run of wins Bont has been pivotal in and haven’t adjusted his chances. 29 votes in the Herald Sun win and almost certainly over 100 votes in winning the Coaches award surely gives him some form to be a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bont always polls we’ll, this year been his best by a mile. Very confident he wins the Brownlow and will be wagering accordingly.
I almost never bet on footy but couldn't resist the $13 about 6 weeks ago. Went each way, reckon he's a pretty healthy chance of finishing top 3.

WallyStringhaus

Club Legend
Aug 27, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can anyone envisage Paddy Dow, LDU or Cerra being an AA, leading their team to a flag, winning the B&F and getting 20 Brownlow votes next year?

Just incredible that he was able to do all that at the age of 20 in just his 3rd season.

What a privilege it has been to watch this supremely talented young man run around in a Red, White and Blue jumper.

I never thought I would love a player as much as I loved Chris Grant but Bont has gone past him for me.

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can anyone envisage Paddy Dow, LDU or Cerra being an AA, leading their team to a flag, winning the B&F and getting 20 Brownlow votes next year?

Just incredible that he was able to do all that at the age of 20 in just his 3rd season.

What a privilege it has been to watch this supremely talented young man run around in a Red, White and Blue jumper.

I never thought I would love a player as much as I loved Chris Grant but Bont has gone past him for me.

Think he will be an AFL great, not just a club great, especially if he snags a couple more premierships for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What time does AFL 360 come on TV? Can’t watch it anyway, but just want to know when the final votes are announced and all the “BoNt Is OvErRaTeD” comments fire up

Scary_Foot_9

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2013
Canberra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Cubs, Leafs, Ravens
Do we think he beats Macrae n Dunkley for the charlie sutton club b&f?

Don’t see either of those guys doing it.

(Dunks would be poor in the first quarter of the year, Jacko mystifyingly doesn’t poll well in the B&F - remember that year when he had a terrific year and JJ with a middling season beat him?)

I could see Crozier or Naughton in world where structural dependence and coaches instructions being followed and generally playing your role are weighed higher in the B&F. Bont though usually does those things pretty well as well.

Don’t see either of those guys doing it.

(Dunks would be poor in the first quarter of the year, Jacko mystifyingly doesn’t poll well in the B&F - remember that year when he had a terrific year and JJ with a middling season beat him?)

I could see Crozier or Naughton in world where structural dependence and coaches instructions being followed and generally playing your role are weighed higher in the B&F. Bont though usually does those things pretty well as well.
Macrae has always polled well in the CSM. Only reason Hunter beat him (by just 1 vote) last year was he played more games.

Back