Universal Love Round 23 review

hope you are ok mate
All good Kingy. Many a wonderful memory of games shared with him and mum. I always say the stress of Swans games takes years off my life. He missed 89 years by 10 days, perhaps the nail biters are good for the ticker!

My grandfather was a dyed in the wool Bloods man and passed away on Monday. He'd held on for 4 weeks after we got called in saying he had 24 hours. I'm almost convinced he held on to go out after watching one last win last week. I'd like to think he was somewhere upstairs helping write yesterday's script for us.
virtual hugs.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
You probably all read it anyway, but Titus sums up the game beautifully in his inimitable way:

“With Lance Franklin playing his 300th match, and Jarrad McVeigh and Kieren Jack playing their last games, you could tell the Swans were keen to get a win to end what has been a disappointing season.

Buddy ended with four goals in his milestone game and the Swans will be hoping he can get his body right in the off season and play a lot more in 2020.

After the game the retiring quartet of Nick Smith, Heath Grundy, Jarrad McVeigh and Kieren Jack were all chaired off, as was Buddy Franklin. Chairing five players off all at once showed more coordination from the Swans than they’ve shown throughout much of the year.

As for St Kilda, with Brad Scott and Ross Lyon both out there, like sharks circling below a surfer, you’d think they’d have worked a lot harder to try and get Brett Ratten across the line.

But the Saints players, much like the St Kilda fans, just seemed to be glad this season as over.

Former Swan Dan Hannebery had his best game of the year, showing that trade may hopefully not be a complete disaster. That could be the Saints membership slogan next year ‘hopefully not a complete disaster’.”

I teared up a little reading this.

So did I Tick - more than a little to be honest.

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Can understand why club went ballistic on Eddie. She’s a lovely lady.
Sense of humour too.

It filled me with enormous pride indeed to barrack for a club that cares so much about making all people, no matter their abilities, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation – even rugby players – feel welcome.

Oct 9, 2001
2, 4, 6, 8
AFL Club
Sydney
Can understand why club went ballistic on Eddie. She’s a lovely lady.

Indeed. Heard her speak prior to the Essendon match about her love of the club and what it provided her while she recovered. She has been an absolute credit to herself and the club this year in the role and no doubt will continue to be when she passes on the role to the next person.

It is around 4.30 on a Thursday. Normally at this time for months I have started to get antsy about team selection announcements in two hours time.

Not this Thursday.

There is an empty hollow feeling.:mad: I really hate the end of a season.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
It is around 4.30 on a Thursday. Normally at this time for months I have started to get antsy about team selection announcements in two hours time.

Not this Thursday.

I went to the AFL page about 6:45 tonight, sat there scowling at the screen for a few moments before it sunk in why the teams weren’t up. Oops🥴

Not this Thursday.

footys been dull this year , glad its almost over, bring on spring

footys been dull this year , glad its almost over, bring on spring

You have just watched too many Horse Press Conferences.

But yes Spring! Let's have an old fashioned one where the Colliwobbles strike at precisely the right moment to bring joy to most of the footy world.

You have just watched too many Horse Press Conferences.

But yes Spring! Let's have an old fashioned one where the Colliwobbles strike at precisely the right moment to bring joy to most of the footy world.

Daylight savings mate is the best

Longer days

Beautiful

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
For me the icing on the cake was seeing Hanners return to form after a long struggle. Deep down he'll always be a Swan but at least he's teaching the Saints how to play hard and still act honourably. I regret that we traded him.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Saints seem to have lined up Jones. I wish we could swap him to get Hanners back. Hanners has all the toughness but less aggro, less predictable and better peripheral vision. Mind you, the Saints took all the risk with Hanners so I guess they'd want to get some return on their investment.

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Menzel could be a boon if he stays fit. Cost us pennies for a bloke who's only played 80-odd games in his whole career. Most of his body only has light wear and tear. If he gets himself right he could play another 5 or 6 years. He could be huge with a good stretch of consecutive games and a full pre-season. He already averages almost 2 goals/game over his career despite being 'managed' for much of his career.

Saints seem to have lined up Jones. I wish we could swap him to get Hanners back. Hanners has all the toughness but less aggro, less predictable and better peripheral vision. Mind you, the Saints took all the risk with Hanners so I guess they'd want to get some return on their investment.
I think the Hanners trade was the best thing for both parties.

Back