List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

So correct me if I’m wrong

So what’s going on is Brady Rawlings is going to be GM of football for NM but cannot start until December 1st??

What the? The trade period and draft period are one of the most important things for a GM of football. Not being available for the club you are joining and not having a say even though you are taking over is very annoying and odd to me.

Eagles really being knobs about this. Can't imagine how Brady could possibly help us with his hands so tied...impossible surely. Lol
Knobs in what way? Locking him out of anything to do with the draft protects the Eagles IP & Rawlings integrity in the industry.

Knobs in what way? Locking him out of anything to do with the draft protects the Eagles IP & Rawlings integrity in the industry.

I get the intention and it's fair enough but do you genuinely think he'll have nothing to do with our drafting and trade period?

For the gazzillionth time, in October 2013 the eagles and media at large had no issue with the poaching of our senior recruiter named Brady Rawlings. Don't recall any concern for any of our IP loss or destablisation to our recruiting strategies.

So yes, this action from West Cap is hypocritical and frankly, knobberish.

I get the intention and it's fair enough but do you genuinely think he'll have nothing to do with our drafting and trade period?

Will he have any future in the industry, will anyone else ever give him a job if he 5hits on the Eagles ?
Reality is he went West with Simmo, right hand man, didnt cut it as a coach so was moved into list management & North offered him a promotion & he's taken it, but he's on gardening leave from the Eagles.
I've no doubt he'll oversee the process, not be up front on talking to players to the club.

Interesting replacement:https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...r/news-story/7f4e599255282f811af8484628828c89

It's actually a bit bizarre tbh, most coaches have clauses built into their contracts that enable a release on a promotion to a higher position at another club.

I'd be interested how this is being viewed at North, as this is a little bit taboo, in terms of not releasing a football staff member, WC must be quite pissed in how we've approached/gone about this signing.

I don't buy the IP angle for one second, Brady will have no less IP about their pay structuring or 2020 intentions in December as he did in July, there was plenty of time to find a replacement.

Unless he is integral into the Kelly deal in some way.

Will he have any future in the industry, will anyone else ever give him a job if he 5hits on the Eagles ?
Reality is he went West with Simmo, right hand man, didnt cut it as a coach so was moved into list management & North offered him a promotion & he's taken it, but he's on gardening leave from the Eagles.
I've no doubt he'll oversee the process, not be up front on talking to players to the club.

Interesting replacement:https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...r/news-story/7f4e599255282f811af8484628828c89

Actually,

Brady has always wanted to be involved in recruitment/player management side of things.

He started as a part time recruitment manager under Stibbard in his final years at North as a player.

He was convinced to come over as a coach initially by Simpson, rather than it being a first preference.

Reality is he was poached from the North Melbourne Football Club by the West Coast Eagles who have now thrown a hissy fit when we did the same back.

Further demonstration of how the difference between being a Big and Small club is not to do with members of revenue.

West Coast are a small club, as this shows.

Reality is he went West with Simmo, right hand man, "didnt cut it as a coach" so was moved into list management & North offered him a promotion & he's taken it, but he's on gardening leave from the Eagles.

Yeh midfield coach for a grand final side was a really blot on his CV :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further demonstration of how the difference between being a Big and Small club is not to do with members of revenue.

West Coast are a small club, as this shows.

I mean what was their next step? Suing North/Brady for a breach of contract?

This has never happened in AFL history.

Pissed seems like an understatement.

It's actually a bit bizarre tbh, most coaches have clauses built into their contracts that enable a release on a promotion to a higher position at another club.

I'd be interested how this is being viewed at North, as this is a little bit taboo, in terms of not releasing a football staff member, WC must be quite pi**ed in how we've approached/gone about this signing.

I don't buy the IP angle for one second, Brady will have no less IP about their pay structuring or 2020 intentions in December as he did in July, there was plenty of time to find a replacement.

Unless he is integral into the Kelly deal in some way.

What you dont buy is integrity in holding a senior position - as for the Eagles expectations they are professionals, acting professionally as they did with Sam Mitchell.
Yes, they had to wait until his season was finished to appoint his replacement & thats what they did.

Last edited:
I mean what was their next step? Suing North/Brady for a breach of contract?

This has never happened in AFL history.

pi**ed seems like an understatement.

Yeah, it is just petty and shows the mentality at work over there in East South Africa.

Why is anybody giving that flog any e breath?

Has a history of being "interested" and questioning the existence of our club over a long period of time.

Piss him off.

What you dont buy is integrity in holding a senior position - as for the Eagles expectations they are professionals, acting professionally as they did with Sam Mitchell.
Yes, the had to wait until his season was finished to appoint his replacement & thats what they did.

That's a relatively recent development over there, when did thyis come in?

Almost certainly with Adam Simpson, or Daniel Pratt or Drew Petrie.

Yeh midfield coach for a grand final side was a really blot on his CV :rolleyes:

We lost, made some changes going forward, Rawlings was one of them.
He is well respected at the Eagles & will continue to be - dont throw your toys out of the cot to pump up your own tyres.
eagles-assistant-daniel-pratt-takes-us-through-the-winning-play/

Last edited:
Yes, the had to wait until his season was finished to appoint his replacement & thats what they did.

Lol!

"The Hawks said Glass would officially finish up at the Hawks on Thursday and begin his Eagles role in November.

“In his time at Hawthorn, Darren has displayed a fantastic ability to build strong relationships right across the football department,” Hawthorn football boss Graham Wright said.

“Our players, in particular our defenders, have benefited immensely from his knowledge and leadership.

“While we are disappointed to see Darren depart, he does so with our full support and best wishes.”

As much as I despise them, that's how a professional club handles a staff move.

I think you're confusing the term "professional" with "sanctimonious little bitch".

We lost, made some changes going forward, Rawlings was one of them.
He is well respected at the Eagles & will continue to be - dont throw your toys out of the cot to pump up your own tyres.

So because the eagle lost a grand final this was evidence he failed as a line coach?

The only thing getting pumped is your gland as you ejaculate complete nonsense.

Reality is he was poached from the North Melbourne Football Club by the West Coast Eagles who have now thrown a hissy fit when we did the same back.

You mean when Simmo was appointed & Clarko & the Hawks wished him well, Rawlings was a member of his team, as was Daniel Pratt.
Drew Petrie is continuing his life after AFL footy, being moved about in his roles, you'd be wise to keep your eye on him, maybe as Prattys right hand, post Majak Daw.

Lol!

As much as I despise them, that's how a professional club handles a staff move.

I think you're confusing the term "professional" with "sanctimonious little bitch".

Perhaps your comments absolutely nail the difference between the clubs, & happy to on the side of success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back