"Sack Goodwin!"

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm waiting for a journalist to ask Goody "why?" when he says " I have full faith in this group moving forward...yadada" and Goody goes all Dennis DeDenoto on him " It's the vibe, it's Mabo, it's...the vibe"

Apparently the Melbourne players made a pact in the last 4 weeks of the season to fight it out. fu** load of good that did
Like their face to face meeting after round 3

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
It’s a long list of concerns but seeing his presser after that Sydney game made me lose all faith. He looked like he was going to cry, was bereft of answers other than saying the same sound bite on repeat before saying the only way to get out of the slump was together. Didn’t have to think to hard to realise where this has been burned into my memory...

Virtually identical.

We were horrific against the top 8 last year and we were 0-11 against them this year. That's the real worry.
Horrific against three of the top 4 sides yes but we beat the premiers, beat GWS, lost to Geelong by under a goal twice and lost to Sydney by eight.

Reality IS

Debutant
May 8, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
You know whats a great idea signing a coaching mentor for Simon Goodwin who just got sacked and has a win % record of 34%!!!

Great stuff Melbourne let's aim to knock the Might Gold Coast Sun's off there perch as the worst team in the AFL...we know the mantle as worst team is rightly ours!

Go Dee's!

You know whats a great idea signing a coaching mentor for Simon Goodwin who just got sacked and has a win % record of 34%!!!

Great stuff Melbourne let's aim to knock the Might Gold Coast Sun's off there perch as the worst team in the AFL...we know the mantle as worst team is rightly ours!

Go Dee's!

<long sigh> I couldn't agree more. Hopefully he's just been put on as a fluffer.

jhong

Old man yelling at clouds
Apr 18, 2011
Wonthaggi
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well after that attempt at trolling us , i now hope the Cats go out in straight sets .
And for the record Daniher knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed on and Roos was one of many that bailed out of Fitzroy when it became obvious the league was going to shaft them.
Northey built on the foundation that Barassi and Slug Jordan put into place , and Baileys teams couldn't defend for s**t . Have i missed anything ?

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
No, I am insinuating that Daniher is let off the hook because of his MND, and his coaching record history has been rewritten, where he is hailed as a greater coach than he actually was. This also happened to Dean Bailey.

These two, in particular, along with Roos, get favoruable press because they play nice with the media, and are judged as nice guys rather than on their coaching record.

This then makes Melbourne supporters forget the angst and frustration that these guys brought when they coached, and Melbourne fans start thinking of them in Norm Smith rose-coloured glasses.

Daniher's illness, and Bailey's death has put them up on an even higher pedestal, and allowed some to rewrite history and make it sound like Daniher and Bailey were winning premiership after premiership.

My point about the "16 team competition" is that Daniher took you to bottom three FOUR times, whereas Goodwin has done it ONCE. Don't forget that you just missed finals by a whisker in 2017. So, from three seasons, Goodwin has had one really poor one.

You call me a clueless Scats fan. But maybe the fact my team makes finals every year, and don't sack coaches left right and centre, makes me an expert on what is needed for a successful team.
Shouldn't you be complaining about not playing home finals at skilled stadium you wankpuffin?

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well after that attempt at trolling us , i now hope the Cats go out in straight sets .
And for the record Daniher knew exactly what he was getting into when he signed on and Roos was one of many that bailed out of Fitzroy when it became obvious the league was going to shaft them.
Northey built on the foundation that Barassi and Slug Jordan put into place , and Baileys teams couldn't defend for s**t . Have i missed anything ?
Since when do you not hope the cats go out in straight sets?

It's as predictable as night and day. Every year, get enough easy kill at home against north, Melb, St Kilda- throw in the low drawing teams like freo and port too, with that parochial/self indulgent crowd to ensure free kick count is around the 5:3 ratio.

Cats beat up on crap teams down at their tax payer funded potato patch, and while it isn't a bad oval, the amenities and facilities aren't much better than Waverly park was. Need a tinkle at half time? Well I hope you enjoy lining up 50m into the rain and wind waiting for the 2 person urinal to become free. Want a drink? It's a caravan placed out the back, with higher pricing than Etihad and the mcg. Rental on those caravans must be premium!

If that's not bad enough, the supporter base (as our holier than thou visitor proves) are extremely passionate when the team is playing well and things are going their way, yet are the equivalent of hawks supporters to jumping off in droves when they team looks down a fraction.

Anyway, in the equality of the AFL (say that without laughing) hopefully next year they play their home games against Richmond, essendon, collingwood down there instead of rubbish teams like Melbourne and St Kilda for their free wins at home each year.

But it wont happen, and the eternal Chris Scott sooking will happen about a home final, or worse, the unfair advantage of playing "home" 72km north east as the crow flies because their little stadium can't fit enough people in to accommodate a fair and equitable amount of members/supporters. And Chris Scott has every reason to have his little spoke annually as the AFL are a joke on equality like this.

But when push comes to shove, his team of flat track bullies will get a decent crack at a team with a bit of skill and heart and be bounced out in quick succession. And it will be a thing of beauty.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The perfect end to our season. s**t house kick from Jones and then everyone swarms a bloke already being tackled who then breaks a tackle
20190826_191229.jpg
20190826_191058.jpg
and fires it out to the free north blokes on the outside

The perfect end to our season. s**t house kick from Jones and then everyone swarms a bloke already being tackled who then breaks a tackle View attachment 735008View attachment 735009and fires it out to the free north blokes on the outside
We have no composure. Everyone is so panicked by the Jones mistake that they react desperately to put out a fire, and fail to think that they should not abandon every other aspect of the game like spreading defensively and setting up to defend the turnover. We don't have any resilience to making errors. The Tigers make mistakes but they would never swarm one player to make up for it like we do.

We have no composure. Everyone is so panicked by the Jones mistake that they react desperately to put out a fire, and fail to think that they should not abandon every other aspect of the game like spreading defensively and setting up to defend the turnover. We don't have any resilience to making errors. The Tigers make mistakes but they would never swarm one player to make up for it like we do.
Poor strategy coaching. Jennings would be the one at fault for that enormous chain reaction. The fact they all do it comforts me, means it can be coached out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

Even if Jones doesn't make that horrific error the ball could easily have been spoiled inside by a north defender and we face the same scenario. To be fair to Spargo he has just made a desperate lunge at the ball and gotten to his feet but Harmes Melksham and Oliver have no awareness at all of the North players around them. Their first and only thought is to get the ball. We just don't have any structure to our game

Even if Jones doesn't make that horrific error the ball could easily have been spoiled inside by a north defender and we face the same scenario. To be fair to Spargo he has just made a desperate lunge at the ball and gotten to his feet but Harmes Melksham and Oliver have no awareness at all of the North players around them. Their first and only thought is to get the ball. We just don't have any structure to our game
You don’t mind it from Spargo the second year player. The rest however is embarrassing.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
You don’t mind it from Spargo the second year player. The rest however is embarrassing.
Spargo had literally just got to his feet after diving to win the ball. He has no fault at all in the scenario. It's 3 of our better players who make terrible decisions. Tho Frost and Hibberd aren't any better

Spargo had literally just got to his feet after diving to win the ball. He has no fault at all in the scenario. It's 3 of our better players who make terrible decisions. Tho Frost and Hibberd aren't any better
Hibberd is done for, I’ll concede to giving him more slack than I’ve given Jones and Lewis when he’s been worse than both for longer.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hibberd is done for, I’ll concede to giving him more slack than I’ve given Jones and Lewis when he’s been worse than both for longer.
Yeah he looks like he's lost a yard of pace and he's going to ground or being tackled alot more. Kicking it poorly aswell. I love the pig but he doesn't mark the footy well and if he's not rebounding hes not doing alot

Yeah he looks like he's lost a yard of pace and he's going to ground or being tackled alot more. Kicking it poorly aswell. I love the pig but he doesn't mark the footy well and if he's not rebounding hes not doing alot
Mmm I’ve been soft on him because he’s still exciting to watch at times and is still quicker than most of our list but honestly his drop off between 2017 and 2018 is ultimately one of the reasons why we had a ceiling on our flag aspirations last year. We don’t have a realistic replacement for him either, Hore is a good mark and pretty tough but doesn’t have his rebound. Neither does Salem. We need a running man, GWS have like four or five.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Mmm I’ve been soft on him because he’s still exciting to watch at times and is still quicker than most of our list but honestly his drop off between 2017 and 2018 is ultimately one of the reasons why we had a ceiling on our flag aspirations last year. We don’t have a realistic replacement for him either, Hore is a good mark and pretty tough but doesn’t have his rebound. Neither does Salem. We need a running man, GWS have like four or five.
Plus Jayden Hunt seems to forget where the ball is when he leaves the 50 now. It's incredible how bad he's become outside there

Plus Jayden Hunt seems to forget where the ball is when he leaves the 50 now. It's incredible how bad he's become outside there
He gets flat footed too easily. Unless he’s already in a canter he can’t enter the play when the ball is in dispute.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He gets flat footed too easily. Unless he’s already in a canter he can’t enter the play when the ball is in dispute.
He also reads the play horribly when it's in motion. I know people like to make fun of me but he's terrible at crumbing the ball off hands and I think that's why he struggles down back as well because as a small you have to read it off hands. Really he should be made to stand on the fat side of the ground every time and just run run run.

He also reads the play horribly when it's in motion. I know people like to make fun of me but he's terrible at crumbing the ball off hands and I think that's why he struggles down back as well because as a small you have to read it off hands. Really he should be made to stand on the fat side of the ground every time and just run run run.
He’s a limited player who we all romanticise because he’s quick, but truth is he was much better at using his pace in 2016/early 2017 and something has nullified that since. He’s like Baker; a player you wouldn’t know is ‘quick’ if you hadn’t seen it before. If he can’t crumb he should be hitting ruck contests I50 harder with his pace and just trying to create opportunities, but I don’t think they want him playing on ball.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He’s a limited player who we all romanticise because he’s quick, but truth is he was much better at using his pace in 2016/early 2017 and something has nullified that since. He’s like Baker; a player you wouldn’t know is ‘quick’ if you hadn’t seen it before. If he can’t crumb he should be hitting ruck contests I50 harder with his pace and just trying to create opportunities, but I don’t think they want him playing on ball.
Average players with pace always get a leg up by everyone. Hunt has this incredible pace yet we have developed him into a kick mark forward. The mind boggles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back