News Footy Department Changes and News Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
brisbane lions
Different suggestion but given a lot of coaches have teaching experience and have been in footy a long time (looking at you chris fagan and alastair clarkson)
why not recruit stephen michael been involved with clontarf which is like a combination of teaching, development and footy as far as i can gather.
plus hes stephen michael

Also that debate about west coasts forward potency has a lot to do with space creation in forward fifty which comes from forward chemistry gameplan skill to hit the target also smalls being smart enough to get out of the way then close the space down if a mark isnt taken so the ball doesnt come out. we once had that with the right players namely chris mayne, walters, pav and ballas.
That time will come again.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Different suggestion but given a lot of coaches have teaching experience and have been in footy a long time (looking at you chris fagan and alastair clarkson)
why not recruit stephen michael been involved with clontarf which is like a combination of teaching, development and footy as far as i can gather.
plus hes stephen michael

Also that debate about west coasts forward potency has a lot to do with space creation in forward fifty which comes from forward chemistry gameplan skill to hit the target also smalls being smart enough to get out of the way then close the space down if a mark isnt taken so the ball doesnt come out. we once had that with the right players namely chris mayne, walters, pav and ballas.
That time will come again.

Sorry Dropbear but a “different suggestion” is one way of putting it, I’d go a touch further and say it’s a total waste of time and we’d rightfully be laughed out of the league.

FreoBraddles

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I know a few people wanted Darren Glass across but he’s just been announced as West Coasts new list manager

I know a few people wanted Darren Glass across but he’s just been announced as West Coasts new list manager
Yeah I saw that, annoyed, he would have been a terrific pick-up. List manager is such a strange position after being an assistant coach. Two vastly different skillsets you'd imagine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Yeah I saw that, annoyed, he would have been a terrific pick-up. List manager is such a strange position after being an assistant coach. Two vastly different skillsets you'd imagine
agree, and after 2y as an assistant, maybe he's decided to progress up the admin chain rather than the coaching chain. He's come from BCG which means he's really smart and likes to involve himself in how a business is run. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as football manager or even CEO of WC one day.

agree, and after 2y as an assistant, maybe he's decided to progress up the admin chain rather than the coaching chain. He's come from BCG which means he's really smart and likes to involve himself in how a business is run. Wouldn't be surprised to see him as football manager or even CEO of WC one day.
Yeah that sucks for us. Dude would have been a great get, Eagles really backing him for a role he has zero experience in

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
List manager is such a strange position after being an assistant coach. Two vastly different skillsets you'd imagine

Funnily enough, that's exactly what Brady Rawlins did. Asst Coach => List Manager and now he's the Football boss at Norf. I guess some people are better suited to different jobs in a footy club.

I'd like our list manager to have some playing / coaching experience rather than some number crunching accountant type.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
List manager’s job is someone who is good with numbers and knows a player’s worth. Basically a like a player manager but he represents the Football club.

GM’s make the big decisions while the list manager provides the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freo Jail

Debutant
Sep 24, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have not read the entire post so I am happy to be torched if this has already been mentioned. For the CEO I think we should look at Nick Marvin, ex CEO of the Perth Wildcats, a massively successful sporting organisation that has basically never failed to make the finals....................I could handle that :):)
I think he did about 10 years there

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
I have not read the entire post so I am happy to be torched if this has already been mentioned. For the CEO I think we should look at Nick Marvin, ex CEO of the Perth Wildcats, a massively successful sporting organisation that has basically never failed to make the finals....................I could handle that :):)

Yep. Nick Marvin or Mark Brayshaw for me. Smart likeable people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

What’s Nick doing these days?

Marty Whitelaw

All Australian
Aug 27, 2014
Nedlands
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth Falcons, LA Clippers
What’s Nick doing these days?
He was CEO at the Force in Forrest’s World Series Rugby for a while. Last I heard he was back in management consulting.

A very smart guy who’s big on culture. Although NBL club is a much smaller organisation than an AFL club obviously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back