Player Watch #47: Ivan Soldo

Remove this Banner Ad

If he keeps improving on his current form, it wont be long before the usual suspects will want to trade him for a half decent pick.

However, if we end up with 3 genuine AFL rucks - Nank, Soldo and CCJ then what do we do?

Right now CCJ is a year or 2 away. But he VFL watchers have him being in the right space come next year maybe.

So do we keep 3 AFL rucks and play 2?

Or do we trade out a genuine quality AFL ruck?

And Balta and Chol are decent back ups.

I can imagine trading one in 2020 if CCJ comes on fast, or 2021. It would be such a shame to lose one of those guys. Anyway, that is a problem of success.

Think this is why they’re making sure Nank is as fit as possible... they want him to be the mobile 2nd ruck and have Soldo as the tap man.
That’d be awesome if it happens.
Nank got three goals against Carlton this year and they were all loose ground balls

He had a career-high 14 disposals, career-high six score involvements, career-high three inside-50s, career-high eight one-percenters, five clearances, 29 hit-outs and took a career-high five marks.
At one stage, he even had the confidence to embark on a run with the ball and took a bounce.

I must admit it was a great moment to see him come out of that pack and take a bounce

He had a career-high 14 disposals, career-high six score involvements, career-high three inside-50s, career-high eight one-percenters, five clearances, 29 hit-outs and took a career-high five marks.
At one stage, he even had the confidence to embark on a run with the ball and took a bounce.

I must admit it was a great moment to see him come out of that pack and take a bounce
Well to be honest i thought Soldo got pushed out of the pack as he recieved the ball and had to bounce it to recover his balance... ;)

I reckon the Big Fella is looking more like Mark Lee everyday.....luv the Stache !!

Even starting to play a little like him !!!:rolleyes:
Just seems to be improving that little bit extra every new game he plays...and hasn't played all Season so will still have some petrol tickets left!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 year contract extension and well deserved.

I think before the year started most would have had this bloke down as being delisted and a failed experiment. Now in my eyes Soldo is the number 1 ruck for Richmond and I can't wait to see what he does In his career for here.

Big finals campaign coming up...

Look out next season as well. He will attack his next pre season with venom knowing he's the big chief in town.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back