News Swans Talk in the Media 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here’s something for you...example is $10m cap (salaries are fictional):

Franklin plays for $1.2M, available to others $8.8M
Franklin retires with $1.2 committed to TPP, available to others $8.8M

Rioli plays for $1M, available to others $9M
Rioli retires with $1M committed to TPP...******* bulls**t, Hawthorn can have the whole $10M!

franklin came to sydney as a free agent

rioli was drafted by hawthorn

otherwise teams would offer every free agent bullshit amounts then back out of the deal if needed

franklin came to sydney as a free agent

rioli was drafted by hawthorn

otherwise teams would offer every free agent bulls**t amounts then back out of the deal if needed

Franklin is no different to Rioli, he was also drafted by Hawthorn. Only difference is Franklin chose to change clubs ie he knocked back a contract with Hawthorn (who chose not to match Sydney’s offer), whereby Rioli chose to accept another.

Why should one contract be torn up but not the other? To be that fly on the wall when Fitzpatrick called Colless, to be the AFL if Sydney choose to rip the AFL a new a-hole in court should Franklin retire and TPP situation remain in this ‘equalized’ competition!

Franklin is no different to Rioli, he was also drafted by Hawthorn. Only difference is Franklin chose to change clubs ie he knocked back a contract with Hawthorn (who chose not to match Sydney’s offer), whereby Rioli chose to accept another.

Why should one contract be torn up but not the other? To be that fly on the wall when Fitzpatrick called Colless, to be the AFL if Sydney choose to rip the AFL a new a-hole in court should Franklin retire and TPP situation remain in this ‘equalized’ competition!

Hawthorn had to match 10 million over 9 years to keep him we can’t then change the deal later

It’s different to signing your own player to a further deal

Especially with the compensation calculations in play as well

Same as hawks paid Vickery even when he retired

Hawthorn had to match 10 million over 9 years to keep him we can’t then change the deal later

It’s different to signing your own player to a further deal

Especially with the compensation calculations in play as well

Same as hawks paid Vickery even when he retired
So injury has no bearing on contract , walking away does?

Bickers and Rioli lost passion...oh that’s ok

So injury has no bearing on contract , walking away does?

Bickers and Rioli lost passion...oh that’s ok

no but when we got franklin we made a deal hawthorn would never match which avoids a trade, allows us to get points to get mills etc

then you cant get that and throw your hands up during the deal and cancel it surely

i dont teams throwing bs deals at our players then getting out of it

its different, the afl says its different, so it must be hey ;)

no but when we got franklin we made a deal hawthorn would never match which avoids a trade, allows us to get points to get mills etc

then you cant get that and throw your hands up during the deal and cancel it surely

i dont teams throwing bs deals at our players then getting out of it

its different, the afl says its different, so it must be hey ;)

Franklin came to Sydney in 2014, Mills 2016, no points whatsoever whenever it comes to Franklin. Heeney was 2015 so I understand the confusion. Points system bought in because ‘we were smart enough to have an academy’? NGA academies bought in because the Vic’s don’t have enough of a talent pool

Anymore AFL anomalies we want to talk about because ‘we’ are the progressive club?

All the while, AFL throw clubs onto a map and leave them to rot by undervaluing their location and exaggerating and manipulating the draft system.

*...just that alone doesn’t look good on the AFL’s policies/direction.

Franklin came to Sydney in 2014, Mills 2016, no points whatsoever whenever it comes to Franklin. Heeney was 2015 so I understand the confusion. Points system bought in because ‘we were smart enough to have an academy’? NGA academies bought in because the Vic’s don’t have enough of a talent pool

Anymore AFL anomalies we want to talk about because ‘we’ are the progressive club?

All the while, AFL throw clubs onto a map and leave them to rot by undervaluing their location and exaggerating and manipulating the draft system.

fu**...just that alone doesn’t look good on the AFL’s policies/direction.

i just took mills at random sorry, just an example if you dont do a trade by making the contract high

its different simple as that
night

I don't get what is so confusing about if you sign a free agent, the money stays in your cap whether the player retires or not.

It isn't some vast AFL conspiracy to attack our club and benefit victorian clubs.

If Heeney retires over the off season, we don't have to include his money. If Franklin does, we do.

It is kind of simple.

Rioli retires with $1M committed to TPP...******* bulls**t, Hawthorn can have the whole $10M!
Reports at the time stated that the Swans were specifically told that they had to accept those contract conditions with Buddy if they wanted to sign him under that ‘mega deal’. I think I even read somewhere that Swans Board members had to each sign a document noting that they understood and accepted those conditions. I’m not saying it’s fair, I’m just saying that we had our eyes wide open going in to this.

fu**...just that alone doesn’t look good on the AFL’s policies/direction.

why are you still tilting at this windmill ?

How many times does it need to be explained ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reports at the time stated that the Swans were specifically told that they had to accept those contract conditions with Buddy if they wanted to sign him under that ‘mega deal’. I think I even read somewhere that Swans Board members had to each sign a document noting that they understood and accepted those conditions. I’m not saying it’s fair, I’m just saying that we had our eyes wide open going in to this.
I know that, I agree that it’s not fair. Signing those docs under those conditions is blackmail and contrary to draft/trading rules.

Mick I am seriously worried for you?

How can you not understand the difference a free agency contract makes to this and why they are treated differently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mick I am seriously worried for you?

How can you not understand the difference a free agency contract makes to this and why they are treated differently.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Only one I’m replying to on my limited data. A contract is a contract, regardless of whether it’s FA or not. A salary cap is a salary cap whether it’s FA or not. In your perfect world, we just have to suck it up because they are the rules relating to contracts and consequences of consolation picks right?

So smartarse, if they are the rules of salary caps, FA and all things AFL process, why are the AFL considering 1&2 to GC and compromising that exact thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back