MMA-UFC UFC 243 - October 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Sosoli's fight on The Contender finished with an accidental eye poke, i'm sure they were hoping for a big KO win to add him to the Melbourne card. I reckon he's a chance to get on anyway, hopefully Jim Crute gets through unscathed as well.

I also wonder if they're looking at Kitt Campbell? He's fighting on a Hex card in October on the Friday before this card so he's no chance on this one, i figure he'll get a go at some point though.

Ben Sosoli's fight on The Contender finished with an accidental eye poke, i'm sure they were hoping for a big KO win to add him to the Melbourne card. I reckon he's a chance to get on anyway, hopefully Jim Crute gets through unscathed as well.

I also wonder if they're looking at Kitt Campbell? He's fighting on a Hex card in October on the Friday before this card so he's no chance on this one, i figure he'll get a go at some point though.
Sosoli was garbage on the ultimate fighter. I'm surprised he got a 2nd chance. He is way off UFC material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Riddell to make his UFC debut at 243
Has a win over current UFC fighter Kenan Song. Song got signed after this fight/loss surprisingly

Still, I have a hard time getting excited about watching our regional fighters in a UFC cage. It's the same regional product, just more expensive tickets. I know logistics make it difficult but I'd far prefer to watch a Brazilian fight a Yank than our regional fighters we've seen at HEX. Am I alone in this, or do people prefer to cheer us on, on the bigger stage?

Has a win over current UFC fighter Kenan Song. Song got signed after this fight/loss surprisingly

Still, I have a hard time getting excited about watching our regional fighters in a UFC cage. It's the same regional product, just more expensive tickets. I know logistics make it difficult but I'd far prefer to watch a Brazilian fight a Yank than our regional fighters we've seen at HEX. Am I alone in this, or do people prefer to cheer us on, on the bigger stage?

Of course we would prefer the stars but we are in an unfavourable part of the world not watched by alot of Americans. The main card was a big co main away from being really good like if Volk and Holloway had got on there or they got a Till Gastelum on there it would have been fire but oh well. As for the prelims it's always gonna be Aussies.

Too bad Pedro and Crute weren't available

Of course we would prefer the stars but we are in an unfavourable part of the world not watched by alot of Americans. The main card was a big co main away from being really good like if Volk and Holloway had got on there or they got a Till Gastelum on there it would have been fire but oh well. As for the prelims it's always gonna be Aussies.

Too bad Pedro and Crute weren't available
Our timezone suits the Americans perfectly though so it isn't an excuse to not give us bigger fights other than cost of their flights.

Couldn't disagree more with your last statement tbh. Pedro is terrible and I've seen Crute 2x in Hex and once in the UFC already; why can't we get fresh fights instead?

TBF, if more people want to see Crute then keep doing it, I must be in the minority but gee I've had enough of Matthews, Tuivasa, Pedro etc. Would far prefer overseas talent...

The Canada fight night card (Cowboy/Gaethje) is better than this PPV. We just get taken advantage of IMO

Our timezone suits the Americans perfectly though so it isn't an excuse to not give us bigger fights other than cost of their flights.

Couldn't disagree more with your last statement tbh. Pedro is terrible and I've seen Crute 2x in Hex and once in the UFC already; why can't we get fresh fights instead?

TBF, if more people want to see Crute then keep doing it, I must be in the minority but gee I've had enough of Matthews, Tuivasa, Pedro etc. Would far prefer overseas talent...

The Canada fight night card (Cowboy/Gaethje) is better than this PPV. We just get taken advantage of IMO
Because if a bloke only has 3 chances to fight in the UFC he's not gonna waste one flying to another country for a fight. All of the overseas cards generally suck for talent it's just a fact. The main 2 producers if elite talent are Brazil and America and winning a barely watched prelim fight in Australia isn't gonna cause ripples in the UFC world

Because if a bloke only has 3 chances to fight in the UFC he's not gonna waste one flying to another country for a fight. All of the overseas cards generally suck for talent it's just a fact. The main 2 producers if elite talent are Brazil and America and winning a barely watched prelim fight in Australia isn't gonna cause ripples in the UFC world
You're not saying anything new or unknown here. They also aren't reasons as to why we get a s**t PPV every time they come down under. Majority of UFC's revenue comes from ESPN. Our time zone suits ESPN and North America perfectly so we can in fact have better fights, they just know we'll lap up scraps...

Main & co-main are worth watching here; the rest is downright awful on paper.

Anyone know how ticket sales are tracking? Kind of curious to know whether they’re actually going to break this record they keep talking about.

Anyone know how ticket sales are tracking? Kind of curious to know whether they’re actually going to break this record they keep talking about.
Half top deck still available and most of everything else gone.

I think they'll get similar numbers to 193.

Last edited:
Half top deck still available and most of everything else gone.

I think they'll get similar numbers to 193.
If only half the top deck is empty, thats a better turn out than last time. Was practically all empty for 193.

Im certain they fudged the numbers for it last time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back