Bluemour Discussion Thread XVIII - Please Sir, Can We Have More?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, he turns 33 in November, the last 2 years his production has dropped off dramatically. Looking at it objectively, if he wasn’t a past Carlton player would you even contemplate picking him up?
He kicked 37 goals this year as a small forward in a s**t team full of turnover merchants and he is an automatic lock in the forward pocket for us.

Who would he be possibly be forcing out and Harry lead our goal kicking this season on a paltry 26.

If Betts is a DFA and he agrees on a deal that will see him paid the minimum he can get, then I’m happy to see him back. As said, 37 goals in that team is quite an effort. He isn’t fully past it yet and if we think we are a finals side next season, let’s roll the dice on him. He may surprise.

Ok, he turns 33 in November, the last 2 years his production has dropped off dramatically. Looking at it objectively, if he wasn’t a past Carlton player would you even contemplate picking him up?
I would because we have 0 other small forwards to make an impact in 2020.

SEN just reported that their affiliate from 5AA has mail that Betts has played his last game for the Crows. No one in confirming anything but he has a year on his contract. Host was suggesting there could be a mass exodus which is in line with some of what our ITK posters are saying.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be due to the camp and hating his time up there. Even for a year of cheap he’s bettwr than what we have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows are in absolute shambles, players trying to get out left and right
giphy.gif

He kicked 37 goals this year as a small forward in a s**t team full of turnover merchants and he is an automatic lock in the forward pocket for us.

Who would he be possibly be forcing out and Harry lead our goal kicking this season on a paltry 26.
About 12 of them were against Gold Coast weren’t they. There are better options out there than a soon to be 33 year old declining player. As for who, that’s SOS’s job. Betts IMHO is not the answer moving forward.

Eddie is a very long way down on the want list. Being on the senior list next year would mean we’ve had a very poor trade period.
Do you have another 30+ a year goal kicker we can grab or wants to play for us?

Because they are aboriginal?

Is that how it works?
From what I have experienced personally is that an indigenous junior is more likely to look up to an indigenous elder than a Caucasian.

Also, it is known in psychology that humans will more likely gravitate to those similar to them.

So I would imagine that it is how it works.

About 12 of them were against Gold Coast weren’t they. There are better options out there than a soon to be 33 year old declining player. As for who, that’s SOS’s job. Betts IMHO is not the answer moving forward.
He is not getting a 5 year contract on 700k!

Why is it more important to have a young bloke that is crap at small forward over 1 of the best small forwards the game has seen over the last decade just because he is in his low 30's now and coming off a 30+ goal season?

We are talking a 1 year deal most likely and because he has been delisted he comes even cheaper. We would be mad to say No to him IMO.

Especially given that i can't see Jarrod Garlett and Kym LeBois staying on our list.. doesn't really leave too many others. Owies i guess has shown a bit in the VFL, probably not ready to step up though?
For 2020 Eddie would contribute to wins far more than any project small forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back