List Mgmt. Player List Management 2019-20

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We really should be staggering our retirements. Westhoff, Broadbent and Ebert could have retired this year.

By my count we will have at least 8 long-term servants of the club being chaired off in the next 3 seasons - Westhoff, Boak, Gray, Ebert, Broadbent, Hartlett, Dixon, Jonas

That doesn't include Ryder, S.Gray, who will probably finish up at other clubs, or Rockliff, Motlop and Watts who will also call it a day.

Bit awkward for a young group that is on the right path.

I'm thinking similar. We have quite a few players in the 28+ range next year, which is only slightly improved by the departure of S.Gray and Ryder and not helped at all by Amon and SPP leaving, from an age profile perspective.

Broadbent could still go, don't think he's contracted? If that's the extent of our older player cuts, I'd expect a fair few next year and then more staggered over 2021/22. I'm sure they're hoping Boak and/or R.Gray can play strongly for another 2-3 years into their mid-30s, Mundy style, to cover the gap in 24-27 year olds, but even if that is the case, there will still be a fair few older players around them over the next few years. Definitely needs to be managed well.

If SPP goes I will be pissed. Love the way he goes about it and I think he'll come good with time.

Would love to see us trade Ollie if we can get something good out of it, hell I'd take anything in the first round.

These two and no Amon lends weight to him out the door. Hopefully Bonner can undergo a similar squib to key player turnaround next year.
My concern with Bonner is more about his brain fades than squibbing. His tendency to get caught holding the ball and then give up a 50m penalty after drives me nuts. More Pittard than Lonie IMO

How would you feel about:
Freo in: SPP
Freo out: Darcy

Port in: Parfitt
Port out: SPP

Geel in: Darcy
Geel out: Parfitt

I wouldn't be to upset if things worked out that way. I only say that because helping Geelong in any way upsets me. There is a lot of Freo supporters that wouldn't like that though, they really rate Darcy!

What's the deal with Parfitt, is he linked to Port?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be to upset if things worked out that way. I only say that because helping Geelong in any way upsets me. There is a lot of Freo supporters that wouldn't like that though, they really rate Darcy!

What's the deal with Parfitt, is he linked to Port?

We really liked him in his draft and used the pick on SPP that we should have possibly used on him. Think we thought he would still be there at our next pick we used on Joe Atley.

Whhhhaaaat, you guys would seriously move Wines on?

I have to agree.

Firstly, its not going to happen. When in the history of trades has the captain been offloaded to another club? Only an idiot would think it would happen.

Secondly, We are going to trade 24.5 possesion, 5.2 clearance, 5 tackles and 12 contested possessions a game Ollie, then you all have short very short memories for 1 bad season.

Common, really.

Yo can anyone tell me why we pumped so many games in to Sam Gray and Ryder this year when we were just gonna offer them up for trade? They must have decided some time ago they weren't part of our plans going forward yet they both played about 20 games, meanwhile we had players such as Farrell and Ladhams who we've just re-signed and obviously feel like they'll have more to contribute going forward sitting in the Sanfl for.... reasons? They've told us they've placed an emphasis on youth this year which has caused inconsistency but I really don't see it... Rozee, Butters and Duursma were our young guys that played most games this year but they essentially just replaced Wingard, Polec and Pittard, none of whom were particularly old anyway?

Yo can anyone tell me why we pumped so many games in to Sam Gray and Ryder this year when we were just gonna offer them up for trade? They must have decided some time ago they weren't part of our plans going forward yet they both played about 20 games, meanwhile we had players such as Farrell and Ladhams who we've just re-signed and obviously feel like they'll have more to contribute going forward sitting in the Sanfl for.... reasons? They've told us they've placed an emphasis on youth this year which has caused inconsistency but I really don't see it... Rozee, Butters and Duursma were our young guys that played most games this year but they essentially just replaced Wingard, Polec and Pittard, none of whom were particularly old anyway?

We've done the same thing in the past with guys like Neade and Jacko. It's baffling.

I have to agree.

Firstly, its not going to happen. When in the history of trades has the captain been offloaded to another club? Only an idiot would think it would happen.

Secondly, We are going to trade 24.5 possesion, 5.2 clearance, 5 tackles and 12 contested possessions a game Ollie, then you all have short very short memories for 1 bad season.

Common, really.

Under this administration anything can happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back