Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimately you'd put his health above all else considering he's young and proving to be somewhat injury prone. 2s when possible, if he impresses maybe a sniff for round 22/23 but unlikely.

If he comes back week after next, he'd need 2 weeks at BH before he could be seriously considered and by then you're basically at the end of the season. It's a shame because gee he looked promising. Excited for next season with another preseason under his belt.

Scrimshaw screams future star to me. Just that combination of height, awareness and ball skills makes him a match up nightmare. Versatile too.

Andrew McGrath was glowing in his praises in their draft year, said he could play any role, "even ruck" if needed.

Did he play yesterday?
This is why we need a proper reserves competition, bring back VFL reserves to replace teams shifting into the the AFL seconds. So hard to get good analysis of up and coming players, it's embarrassingly how inadequate the coverage is. Should take 30 minutes of searching to find simple stats of the weekends VFL games.

This is why we need a proper reserves competition, bring back VFL reserves to replace teams shifting into the the AFL seconds. So hard to get good analysis of up and coming players, it's embarrassingly how inadequate the coverage is. Should take 30 minutes of searching to find simple stats of the weekends VFL games.
The Footy Live app is the way to go. All VFL stats easily accessible and usually live stat updates during the games too.

Can find VFL player stats very quickly on one of the main AFL apps mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot_20190805-082604~2.png

Gee this kid looked good in his game back. Amazing hands in traffic and sharp game sense. Wonder if he could rotate through the midfield after another preseason or two?
There's an interview before he got drafted where he sees himself as a midfielder and they compare him to Pendlebury.

On SM-J330G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got compared to Bontempelli as well.
Regardless of his comparisons, I think it is important that he creates a brand of his own - which he is currently doing.

I think he stays down in the backline. Scrimshaw, Sicily, Hardwick and Impey are going to make a great core defensive unit for the next 5+ years. We just need a key defender and a medium defender to add to it.

Regardless of his comparisons, I think it is important that he creates a brand of his own - which he is currently doing.

I think he stays down in the backline. Scrimshaw, Sicily, Hardwick and Impey are going to make a great core defensive unit for the next 5+ years. We just need a key defender and a medium defender to add to it.
For now maybe, but if he has the tank and awareness to play midfield, we need to see how that looks. He could be very dangerous as a mid with his height, marking ability and kicking ability!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back