AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you sure? Doesn't say anywhere they've released tickets to provisional members
My friend is provisional, and he got his ticket yesterday.

Right, I can see that the tunnel is the barrier on M28, assuming this changed after the 2003 redevelopment as I remember sitting in M28 for the 1996 Grand Final and it was still part of the AFL Members while the old Ponsford was still standing.

Could not imagine the MCC allowing the Q28 situation however.
Yeah they rejigged that last bit when they did the Ponsford redev.
I think the Southern Stand only ever had 27 sections and they added M28 when they built the Ponsford, so you may have actually been sitting in M27 that year if it was the last bay of the Southern Stand. The Q28 thing is a bit weird though.

My friend is provisional, and he got his ticket yesterday.
wow, im very surprised.

Cannot find any information anywhere from the MCC saying that provisional members were allowed to buy tickets.

Only thing they announced is tickets and visitors tickets were on-sale for Full and Restricted members.

wow, im very surprised.

Cannot find any information anywhere from the MCC saying that provisional members were allowed to buy tickets.

Only thing they announced is tickets and visitors tickets were on-sale for Full and Restricted members.
Have to check with my friend. Might have been a guest pass he got. Will ask.

Have to check with my friend. Might have been a guest pass he got. Will ask.
cheers lad, before the season started they announced provisional members MAY get access to some finals game if attendance is expected to be non at capacity.

But I would have thought along with this they'd be announcing a sale of tickets to provisional members at a later date, rather than just letting provisionals in on the full/restricted supply of tickets without announcing it.

mcgseats1.jpg

Since at least 2012 it would seem.

Seems odd that they are splitting Bays 15 and 28 instead of just rounding off the AFL members at the end of the GSS.
Yet in 2016:

It appears Q28 gets given to the public when it's high demand.

Re M28, isn't that where they put the Auskick kids and parents each game? Could be why it's not considered part of the AFL Members.

MCC incredibly unlikely to open up tickets for Provisional for this match, as much as they can they try to sell visitors tickets instead for more $ and they have sold out of them -- if they were concerned about reaching capacity they would just open up more for sale. If the reserve was going to be well short though they would look at it, still preferable to letting the riff raff general public in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always struck me as a little odd that the MCC allows visitors into the reserve before other members who have spent ~20 years on the waiting list (provisionals). Of course, it's about the money as member fee increases are capped by their agreement with the state govt, but still.

Shame. And in our area.
And, because medallion club is linked to an ABN, not a person, they can sell them and go undetected.

Edit: The Gausha eBay account has sold $4k worth of tickets across 30 games (average $130/game). That $4k is before the $1k they're asking for this weeks final. I don't know how much medallion club is, but surely these guys have at least broken even.

And, because medallion club is linked to an ABN, not a person, they can sell them and go undetected.

Edit: The Gausha eBay account has sold $4k worth of tickets across 30 games (average $130/game). That $4k is before the $1k they're asking for this weeks final. I don't know how much medallion club is, but surely these guys have at least broken even.
Chances are the account holder doesn't realise all AFL finals in Victoria are now declared events and selling more than 10% above face value is against the law. Last year only the GF was covered by the legislation.
Edit: new legislation came in during 2018, so we are in the 2nd year of all finals being covered

Last edited:
Chances are the account holder doesn't realise all AFL finals in Victoria are now declared events and selling more than 10% above face value is against the law. Last year only the GF was covered by the legislation.
Problem with that is that requires the ticket to have a face value. I doubt the medallion club tickets do.

Re M28, isn't that where they put the Auskick kids and parents each game? Could be why it's not considered part of the AFL Members.

MCC incredibly unlikely to open up tickets for Provisional for this match, as much as they can they try to sell visitors tickets instead for more $ and they have sold out of them -- if they were concerned about reaching capacity they would just open up more for sale. If the reserve was going to be well short though they would look at it, still preferable to letting the riff raff general public in.
M27 is where the Auskick kids are.

So Gausha appears to have two tickets

And Medallion Club seats are at least $7k each so how are you calculating they have at least broken even?

Not sure what you are talking about re an ABN, but if the AFL was interested they could easily work out who was selling them and whose tickets they were

Yeah they rejigged that last bit when they did the Ponsford redev.
I think the Southern Stand only ever had 27 sections and they added M28 when they built the Ponsford, so you may have actually been sitting in M27 that year if it was the last bay of the Southern Stand. The Q28 thing is a bit weird though.
I'm pretty sure you are right there and Bay 28 was added after the Ponsford Stand was rebuilt

Always struck me as a little odd that the MCC allows visitors into the reserve before other members who have spent ~20 years on the waiting list (provisionals). Of course, it's about the money as member fee increases are capped by their agreement with the state govt, but still.

Yeah it’s bullshit. As a provisional member I’m happy to pay guest pass pricing, and I provided that feedback to the MCC. I can organise a ticket regardless, just saves me hitting up a mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back